“the best mid-range hotel value”

Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed April 21, 2011

once again i picked a courtyard marriott and once again i wasn't disappointed. new, clean, well organized and run. and feather pillows to boot. not a four seasons, but great for the money.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 6, 2011

I loved cute modern lobby at Courtyard. It's very nicely designed and there is a cafe for snack and drinks in the same area. I could sit there and hang out all day.

The front desk staff (female, I forgot the name) was VERY friendly and welcoming. She also made great suggestions for dining.

There is a big swimming pool with whirlpool jacuzzi, if you are into swimming. Gym equipments are new.

Room was spacious and quite.

I enjoyed my stay here and wouldn't mind staying again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2010

We checked in around 11pm on Thursday night, Dec 9th and when we walked in, it immediately seemed like we were bothering the front desk agent by asking him to check us in. Not a very warm and inviting experience right off the bat.
My boyfriend and I were in town to visit family and took Friday, Dec 10th off from work to sleep in and go shopping at King of Prussia Mall. We were rudely awakened @ 6am by a fire alarm and had to evacuate the building. It was 20 degrees outside and we were forced to stay/sleep in our cars until the alarm turned off @ 7:20am. We were cold, tired, and forced out of our room on a morning we were looking forward to sleeping in and enjoying a day off from work.
After the alarm went off we returned to our rooms until we checked out just before noon. Upon checkout, I went to the front desk staff to return the room key cards, make sure my Marriott rewards number was on my reservation and to inquire about the fire alarm. When I asked the front desk agent about the fire alarm, she told me the cause for the fire alarm, and that was it. I mentioned to her how inconvenient it was for my boyfriend and I to have to spend almost an hour and a half outside in the freezing cold in our car at 6am, (even though, of course, it wasn't her fault), but all she did was look at me. She did not apologize, did not offer any kind of assistance for our inconvenience, nor did she act like she even cared.
I worked as a guest service agent at a hotel in downtown Philadelphia in 2009/early 2010 and if this had happened during my shift at the hotel, I would have obviously offered my sincerest apologies, and asked if we could do anything to accommodate the guest for their inconvenience. Now, I wouldn't have asked for my room to be comp'd, however, any kind of care, concern, or a simple apology from ANY staff member at the Courtyard Marriott would have been greatly appreciated.
Additionally, I do travel for business as well as pleasure, and Marriott has a lot of making up to do before I decide to stay at another Marriott property in the near future. Thank you for your attention and hope you can train your guest service staff properly for matters such as these in the future.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2010

The hotel is worn. The bed and pillows were comfy, but I don't want to overstate anything. It needs an overhaul. But the location is perfect, free internet. The bathroom area was very tired.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JimXu
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We really liked the hotel and its staff who were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable with all the amenities required when travelling. The bed was very comfortable as well. Really enjoyed my stay there and will definitely recommend it.
It was located midway between the outlet shopping and downtown Philadelphia so we didnt have any trouble doing both shopping and sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We have stayed at this Courtyard periodically over the past 15 years, and it appears somewhat worse for wear. There was mildew at the base of the shower curtain, peeling paint on the ceiling over the shower, and the hot tub was closed for repairs. The TV was parallel to the bed, rather than facing it, which required us to view it from uncomfortable angles. The bed was comfortable, the location was convenient, and the walls were relatively soundproof. But there is just no excuse for mildew and peeling paint in a Marriott property.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GHartley
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This Courtyard has been equiped with the latest Courtyard equipments (interactive Board at the reception, great concept of breakfast area etc), making its entrance very welcoming. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are very big and comfortable. Unfortunately, the hotel is quite far away from the city center, so you'll need a car to move arround.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King ...
#8 of 16 in King of Prussia
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia? Share your experiences!