“Superb staff”
Review of Matador

Matador
Reserve with OpenTable
Matador is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 115 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lancaster Avenue
Description: Stop in and enjoy the delightful atmosphere along with delicious Tapas and Specialty Spanish dishes that the Matador has to offer.
Highland Lakes, NJ
“Superb staff”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I had no dea what to expect when I stopped in late on a Saturday afternoon, but I was greeted warmly and seated at a high top. I was immediately introduced to my server who made excellent suggestions, thorough descriptions of the menu items and could not have done more to make me feel that my patronage was appreciated. I don't relate at all to the negative reviews as my experience was wonderful. Tapas tends to be pricey anywhere, in my opinion, and so I'd suggest to anyone watching their budget to come back when you feel you can splurge a little on some really tasty dishes. The marinated steak cubes were incredible; I had some kind of egg/onion/potato dish (sorry I don't recall the name);delicious guacamole prepared table side and then a chocolate mousse which was heavenly. Yes, the tab was more than I'd usually spend by myself but I expected and accepted that when I realized Matador was a tapas bar. I plan on returning and can't wait o sample some of the other dishes.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Open Table users BEWARE!!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was looking forward to sampling this local restaurant on a recent Saturday night. My wife and I arrived after making a reservation at Open Table only to learn that this restaurant places Open Table reservations at high top tables in the bar. The hostess informed me that regular tables are reserved for 'regulars' or patrons that call the restaurant directly to make reservations. My wife and I were not happy, but decided to give it a try. As a tapas restaurant we ordered four small plates and a pitcher of white sangria. The food was mediocre, but the sangria was quite good. The value however was very much lacking. Our bill was nearly $100 for an assortment of appetizer sized offerings. There are many better dining choices in Wayne. I suggest that you steer clear of Matador, which is much the same advise I would give the bull.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank 77Zeke
Marco Island, Florida
“Mexican tapas: Just okay”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Nice ambiance: We ate outside and the evening was gorgeous. The sangria, margaritas, guac, and truffle mushrooms were all above average, but the other food was well below. Very underwhelming. In particular the fish tacos and pork flautas were quite disappointing. I'm a huge fan of tapas (Spanish, Greek, or Italian are my favorites), and was excited to try Mexican, but this is off the mark.

• Visited August 2012
Manhattan Beach, CA
“good food that adds up”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This restaurant is right in heart of things. They have lovely indoor and a small outdoor choice of seating. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The food is good! The prices are not so good. I had the basic margarita which was $10.00, rather weak and loaded with ice. Any other type of
margarita and you are paying $15.00+. Stick to the wine, its a lot more reasonable. The small plates are tasty but expensive for what you get. It really adds up fast to get a full meal. If you aren't a big eater you should do ok. I have never paid $5.00 for chips and salsa, I really think that is a bit over the top since almost every restaurant in America serves them complimentary.

• Visited August 2012
Radnor, Pennsylvania
“Fun with friends”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We've eaten at Matador several times now and really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is pleasant and not too loud, the service is friendly and attentive.
Lots of small dishes for sharing. Don't miss the mushrooms.
Careful of the sangria, its stronger than it tastes!

• Visited July 2012

Been to Matador? Share your experiences!