“Very Gluten-free friendly!”
Review of Matador

Matador
Reserve with OpenTable
Matador is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 117 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lancaster Avenue
Description: Stop in and enjoy the delightful atmosphere along with delicious Tapas and Specialty Spanish dishes that the Matador has to offer.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went here with friends and had a great dinner! Tapas style, but they are willing to change almost anything on their menu and use corn vs. flour tortilla to make it gluten-free. When I asked the waiter, he was very willing to accommodate. I was able to have almost anything on the menu and it was all very delicious! The margaritas are wonderful, too! It's a bit pricey, but definitely worth it. Great overall!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The food is fantastic, that's for sure. Very flavorful, perfect portions, absolutely delicious. Because it's a tapas style place, tends to get a little pricey. Outdoor area is nice to sit. Margarita's are nothing special.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Matador boasts great drinks and they are pricey! And only average. $15 for a watery mojito, $10 for an average Margarita. The tapas were ordinary; quesadillas, sizzling shrimp, quacamole. The jalapeno relleno was pretty good. The setting is nice with tall ceilings, matadors painted on the wall, and a busy bar. If they step it up, it will be a go to place in the middle of the neat town of Wayne, PA and bustling and quaint neighborhood.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

This cute little downtown area is soooo in need of a great dining experience and I was excited about the potential Matador might bring. But, I've tried it 3 times now and it's been disappointing each time. The tapas aren't very imaginative and none bring that "wow!" taste experience. At one meal we couldn't order several menu items like the manchego cheese or the Paella because they were "out." The service is spotty...once we had all of our plates and silverware removed halfway through the meal and couldn't get them replaced - so we finished our meal with our fingers. Perhaps what had me least impressed was the fact that I drank $42 of margaritas and didn't get the slightest bit of a buzz...at $14 per drink you'd think they could spare a splash of tequila. I don't think I'll go back...Cantina Feliz, Jamonera, and Amada are a short drive away and each are so much better.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We visited the Matador with a group of college kids. Their choice. It's a lovely restaurant on the loud side but very interesting decor. I liked it! We were seated on the first floor near the front windows. Great people watching spot. Our waitress was on the spot time and again. We ordered all sorts of interesting things, as you can imagine based on our dinner guests! The guacamole was outstanding! The quesadilla was one of the best I've ever eaten and I'm not truly a fan of them! We also each had a salad that was fantastic. I tasted several other things on the table and they were all very tasty.

I enjoyed a glass of sangria which was also very nice.

I'd come back!

Been to Matador? Share your experiences!