“needs to be better at those prices”
Review of Matador

Matador
Reserve with OpenTable
Matador is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 117 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lancaster Avenue
Description: Stop in and enjoy the delightful atmosphere along with delicious Tapas and Specialty Spanish dishes that the Matador has to offer.
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Matador boasts great drinks and they are pricey! And only average. $15 for a watery mojito, $10 for an average Margarita. The tapas were ordinary; quesadillas, sizzling shrimp, quacamole. The jalapeno relleno was pretty good. The setting is nice with tall ceilings, matadors painted on the wall, and a busy bar. If they step it up, it will be a go to place in the middle of the neat town of Wayne, PA and bustling and quaint neighborhood.

There are newer reviews for Matador

Reviewed April 29, 2012

This cute little downtown area is soooo in need of a great dining experience and I was excited about the potential Matador might bring. But, I've tried it 3 times now and it's been disappointing each time. The tapas aren't very imaginative and none bring that "wow!" taste experience. At one meal we couldn't order several menu items like the manchego cheese or the Paella because they were "out." The service is spotty...once we had all of our plates and silverware removed halfway through the meal and couldn't get them replaced - so we finished our meal with our fingers. Perhaps what had me least impressed was the fact that I drank $42 of margaritas and didn't get the slightest bit of a buzz...at $14 per drink you'd think they could spare a splash of tequila. I don't think I'll go back...Cantina Feliz, Jamonera, and Amada are a short drive away and each are so much better.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We visited the Matador with a group of college kids. Their choice. It's a lovely restaurant on the loud side but very interesting decor. I liked it! We were seated on the first floor near the front windows. Great people watching spot. Our waitress was on the spot time and again. We ordered all sorts of interesting things, as you can imagine based on our dinner guests! The guacamole was outstanding! The quesadilla was one of the best I've ever eaten and I'm not truly a fan of them! We also each had a salad that was fantastic. I tasted several other things on the table and they were all very tasty.

I enjoyed a glass of sangria which was also very nice.

I'd come back!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Went to visit my daughter at college and she recommended the Matador. Knowing that she is particular about her dining, I was willing to give it a shot. We started off with the guac and chips...awesome. The guac is made fresh at tableside and the portion is plenty for two people. It was amazing. Next, we had the Flautas de Puerco. It consists of pulled pork and smoked jalepeno crema inside a flour tortilla. If your going to get one thing, make it the Flautas. Also had a salad which was decent and Chorizo Fundido which was good, but not great. Four items for two people is plenty. Next time I take on the Matador, I will get the Guac, the Flautas, and two new items. The atmosphere is very nice there and the service was professional.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

The food is excellent---best roast pork and best skirt steak fajitas in the area.
The atmosphere is also excellent---very warm and cozy and inviting for a Spanish Mexican tapas place.
We dine here often and most often the service is fine.
On our last visit we had what we all agreed was the most horrific waitress found.
We were completely ignored and were lied to with excuses that the bar had only one bartender (after waiting 35 mins for drinks) and then after the appetizers did not arrive, I asked the hostesses to check for us and we again ignored.
Then we were lied to once again about our entrees as after 1 hr and 25 mins still no dinner.
The excuse---the kitchen was understaffed.
You can have the best food and the best atmosphere but if the service is bad, what is the point.
Matador needs new management and this young woman who was our waitress needs to find a more suitable occupation.
Horrific-Horrific-Horrific. And I'm being pretty tame about the entire experience.

1  Thank brandbridgeltd