“Sorry this is a dump”

Cuisines: Persian
Description: in the gateway shopping center off rt 202 near Valley Forge park
Description: in the gateway shopping center off rt 202 near Valley Forge park
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Please do not waste your time here. Food is bad. Service is worse.

There are newer reviews for kabab cafe

Reviewed June 4, 2011

PLEASE DO NOT EAT HERE!!! I went for lunch with a friend and we got maybe 3 bites in and all of a sudden heard screaming in the kitchen (so horrible I thought someone was having a heart attack) We turned to the other diners (who had a clear view of the kitchen) and apparently the one guy (who I believed to be the owner) drug the one female employee across the kitchen and into the back area) We did hear hysterical F*** you repeatedly coming from her mouth) When the guy came out, another female patron said to him "you do not treat women that way" He told her that " This is my *** restaurant and I'll treat them however I want" And then he told her that maybe she should *** leave. (the woman was there with her mother and baby girl) We had to leave too, I couldn't stay anywhere near that and my appetite is still gone. (and I'm usually a very good eater!) Please don't support this establishment, I am still shaking, I thought the guy was going to get violent on the other customer too!

2  Thank Kimmie06
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This restaurant is owned by a very nice family who serve delicious Persian dishes. Such a nice change from the usual lunch options. You'll like the beef sandwich called a koobideh and stews. Rice is yummy and side dishes are refreshing. Try the cauliflower. Try something new....

Reviewed March 2, 2011

We tried out this little local place on a Friday night and found that the food was good, not great. The prices were reasonable. The staff were helpful and friendly. The decor is simple and the background music was soft and pleasant. There are no wait staff, so you order at the counter and they bring the food to your table. We tried the Lamb Kabab which is the most expensive item on the menu ($14.99). It came with a large pile of basmati rice and a grilled tomato. Meat was well spiced and tender. The rice was just rice and the tomato was good. We also tried two salads - the cauliflower and the mixed persian. I liked the cauliflower and my husband like the other. We also tried a wonderful dessert - three chocolate baklava rolls. The lamb and the baklava were my favorites. We will probably go back and try something like the falafel or a gyro. Since there are not many Persian restaurants around, we will return and give them another chance to impress us. There was no doffee when we were there but my husband tried the tea which he like and I loathed. I also tried a yogut soda - probably an aquired taste.
I can only compare this to Persian Grill and the food is not as good, though the prices were lower and of course the atmosphere is different.

Been to kabab cafe? Share your experiences!