“Excellent service and food!”

White Dog Cafe - Wayne
Reserve with OpenTable
White Dog Cafe - Wayne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 117 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: White Dog Cafe is committed to serving the finest ingredients from local farms promoting sustainable, healthy dining and a strong community. Our contemporary American cuisine is prepared from our heart, blending seasonal ingredients and bold flavors with a refined presentation. Our three locations in Wayne, Haverford and University City provide unique and comfortable dining rooms paying tribute to everyone's beloved best friend. Open for Lunch, Brunch and Dinner with Happy Hour specials.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

During the very busy week before Christmas I dined with three of my family members at the White Dog Cafe. I am never disappointed with this establishment. The quality of the food is excellent and the service is always superb. I will continue to frequent this restaurant!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

we booked a 12:30 reservation for 4 through Open Table on Dec 20. When we checked in at 12:25 we were told we'd have a 15-20 minute wait. We were finally seated at 1:20!! One of the large rooms was closed due to a Christmas party/luncheon. Why didn't management close/call to reduce reservations??? You CANNOT convince me this was a last minute reservation. That said, the wait staff was VERY apologetic but is wasn't their fault. The food was delicious. We were told that their internal computer had somehow been earmarked so that we would never have to wait in the future? I'm not sure we'll be back. If this restaurant wants to retain a good standing, management needs to address this serious problem. We have been here before but the longest we waited was 10-15 minutes.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

First table we were seated at was so cold and drafty that we asked and were moved. Food was ok. The soup was the best part of the meal. Dining area was one of the nosiest that we had ever been in. Almost no privacy. Prices were a little on the high side given were we were. Duck was 27.00 Cod was 24.00 and really nothing special about either one. Would not go back even if the meal was free.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I have visited three or four times in the last several months. The food has been generally excellent. Our favorites have been the mushroom soup, the grilled romaine salad (amazing), the pear salad, the lamb bolognese (best I've ever had), and the pork tenderloin. My wife likes some of the specialty cocktails like the Pom Collins, and the habanero-grapefruit margarita. We like the ambiance of both the dining room with all the pots and pans and the bar area and have found the service a good balance of friendliness and professionalism. I guess that's why we keep going back.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Friends invited us to The White Dog, now open In Wayne several months. Despite our one o'clock brunch reservation, we weren't seated until 1:25. If we had not known one of the hostesses, I doubt an apology would have been forthcoming nor did we receive a free appetizer as some restaurants do to say, "We're sorry." Our waitress was attentive and read off the specials. Before she took our order she returned to advise us the special in which we had an interest was no longer available. One lady in our party ordered the mushroom soup; it was the real thing. Delicious. I ordered a burger with a fancy name medium rare. It was supposed to be dressed with cheddar, bacon and a special sauce. Alas the burger arrived medium-well and w/o bacon. But the fries with the burger were addictive. My wife's salad did not look that appetizing. She said it was, "so, so."
New restaurants on the Main Line - good or bad - are the place to be seen for a year or two. If the White Dog wants to stop trading on its good name as a longtime favorite in University City, and puts some competent staff in the front and the back, then this very attractive eatery might make it. With many fine restaurants closeby, we're content to wait it out.

Been to White Dog Cafe - Wayne? Share your experiences!