“Great Food in a Lively Environment”
Review of Silverspoon Cafe & Catering - MOVED

Silverspoon Cafe & Catering
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eagle Rd.
Transit: SEPTA Regional Rail Line (R5), SEPTA Buses
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Food in a Lively Environment”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Lunched at the Silverspoon Cafe tucked into an upscale shopping area along Philadelphia's Main Line. The service and food were outstanding. Pricey, too, but, hey, it's the Main Lain! Although the cafe comprises indoor and patio seating, reservations are a "must" as tables fill quickly. The one drawback is the noise level from lively customer chatter. All in all, I would recommend Silverspoon.

• Visited May 2013

Collegeville PA
“Pricey cafe, but food was delicious”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Decided to give this place a try with a coworker for a mid-point review I was giving her. We had reservations for noon, but the place wasn't overly crowded. I'm glad it wasn't, because given the openness of the place, it could have been pretty loud in there if it was packed, likely making it less ideal for a meeting. Our waiter was very good throughout our lunch--no complaints here!

My coworker went with the French stuffed toast and a side of their caramelized bacon. Both were delicious (I was fortunate she let me try both)! I was having a hard time deciding between the "Everything" stuffed French Toast and the chicken salad sandwich, but decided to go with the chicken salad and a side of truffle fries. Would definitely get this meal again, but will likely try the French toast next time!

For dessert, I went with the pecan caramel tart while she went with the bread pudding. Again, I thoroughly enjoyed my dessert and my coworker said hers was excellent as well.

The only real complaint was the temperature of the restaurant, which was definitely on the warm side. I actually felt my shirt starting to stick to my back. To be fair though, it was 95+ degrees outside and evidently their AC unit just couldn't keep up. Prices are also on the high side with our lunch for two coming in at $55 before tip. Thankfully, it was a business expense!

All in all, we both really enjoyed our meal here and I wouldn't hesitate to come back (as long as the company was footing the bill)!

• Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Mixed execution on a Saturday night”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I only gave this restaurant 3 stars because my meal, the sea scallops, was delicious, and also because one server tried to make up for missteps we experienced throughout our meal. None in our party had ever eaten at this BYO. Sat on patio, which was nice; clean tables. However, our server forgot about us, and we had to find him after an extended time so we could place our order. When we asked for bread (after another extended wait), we were told they had 'a run on bread' that night and were 'out.' For an 8pm reservation on a Saturday night? Also had run out of the only fish course. The others in our party were disappointed in their entrees (lamb was difficult to get off the bone, chicken dish was overly fatty, greasy preparation of the thigh and leg). 'Sides' are extra and given lack of bread, the waiter should have recommended we place orders of these to add some starch to meal. We asked for a clean set of wine glasses to serve the dessert wine, which the one helpful waiter came to check that they'd been brought to the table (they hadn't) and then went to fetch some. The place clearly has promise, and hopefully we caught them on an 'off' night, but there is a need for manager to raise game across the kitchen, and consistent service.

• Visited July 2013
“Simply the worst”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a quiet Saturday night. First, the server brought menus and forgot about us. He also forgot the ice bucket. Second, no bread or rolls. Finally, the food was terrible- the salad was all croutons (guess that is where the bread went), the entrees were poorly prepared and one (the chicken) was inedible, and the desserts were marginal. The servers did not seem to notice the uneaten entree. None of us will return.

Visited July 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dining near Wayne B&B”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great food with accommodations for gluten issues. A little pricy but a great atmosphere with beautiful outside patio table. A little pricey but worth it. It's a BYOB restaurant so plan ahead. Waiter, Mike, terrific. Walking distance from Wayne B&B.

Visited June 2013