“Good but not tempting enough to bring me back”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Silverspoon Cafe & Catering - MOVED

Silverspoon Cafe & Catering
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eagle Rd.
Transit: SEPTA Regional Rail Line (R5), SEPTA Buses
Philly
“Good but not tempting enough to bring me back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Was here with a party of six for a business dinner. My gnocchi was very, very good, the arugula salad with cheese and nuts was small and boring. I have done better. The Moroccan chicken "stew" was OK. Those who had seafood were happy. Very limited menu which works against customer satisfaction.

I thought the atmosphere to be sterile. Lunch is a Main Line event catering to those who identify with the label.

BYOB. Service was good. prices a tad high for both quality and quantity.

• Visited March 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“You should go here for breakfast/lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stumbled on this place because Georges was closed for a private party and it is right next door. Man am I glad i did! I have been here twice now once with my mom and once with my girlfriend. It is a great place to bring women the portions are small but not too small and always very pretty. They do everything right at this place. Great service fresh ingredients and fresh flowers. It is BYOB which is great and keeps the food reasonably priced. This place draws a sophisticated crowd and the food was very flavorful. They do the norm for upscale restaurants incorporating their share of truffle oil, kennett square mushrooms, and delightful cheeses. I would highly recommend the caramelized bacon. If someone asks me now if i could only eat one food for the rest of my life what would it be (it happens all the time) ? silver spoon bacon no question about it.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank foodsnob215
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Asked a local businessman for his recommendation for lunch today and we were told "Silver Spoon Cafe," and that he has sent others there and always with success. So we sought "Silver Spoon Cafe" out and had to look hard. After driving up and down Route 30 in Wayne, PA, we finally parked and walked, but had to ask for directions from the Eagle Village merchants. Finally arriving, we were seated promptly and served very well. The meal, an omelet and coffee for my wife and ham and cheese along with coffee for me were both excellent and very tasty. We were impressed and will look for this Cafe again when we're in the area. Would recommend this restaurant for a very good lunch, but get your directions down before setting out.

• Visited February 2013
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great byob on the mainline”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Had my first dining experience at the silverspoon and loved it. Tucked away in spread eagle village, across from the nicest looking flower shop I have ever seen. The restaurant's decor is simple and clean, nothing to rave about but not at all stuffy either. The service was very attentive and helpful. We ordered a four course tasting and everything was delicious ; just the right amount of food to be very full but not over-stuffed. I would definitely go back!

West Chester, PA
“Pretentious and overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

They've made farm to table haughty. Stereotypical weird combinations. Small expensive portions. No bread or rolls offered. Maybe they would do less damage with lunch but dinner was a huge disappointment.

Visited January 2013