All reviews main line villanova university blue route rehearsal dinner small bathroom convenient location chain hotels room service pleasant stay rooms are clean easy access front desk staff mainline philadelphia glen closet convenience
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed recently. I called a couple of days prior and asked for 3rd floor, quiet side. A very pleasant person told me I was all set. When I checked in, I got a room on the second floor, street side. My colleague who had no request and checked in just before me got a room on the third floor. When I complained about my assignment vs. request, I was told there was nothing they could do. Also, clearly was NOT the pleasant person I had spoken with. They basically didn't care.

I just don't get it. How could this happen? It shouldn't be so hard. Or is it as simple as they don't care? My room was booked by a business that uses them all they time. I should have, but didn't, tell them how company how customer unfriendly this hotel is. I'd never book a friend or relative there. Never, ever.

On the positive, the location is great if you need to be in the Wayne area. Also, the lounge downstairs has friendly staff.

When all is said and done, when I am next in Wayne, this won't be my first choice.

PS - I found the second floor street side room to be adequately quiet -- my miff is that they made a commitment that they failed to fulfill and then had attitude/did nothing when I questioned it.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel - but get them to double or triple promise that they will give this to you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Preston1884
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I needed a quiet room for a few days to catch up on my business paperwork and take some CE exams while my son was attending a lacrosse camp at Villanova. The desk staff was very courteous and one even helped by serving as a monitor on my online CE exams. The atmosphere at the Radnor provides an excellent setting for business meetings and for informal gatherings. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Lawrence W
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Equivalent or a bit above a Marriott Courtyard with lower prices. Great location for all the Main Line colleges.

Well appointed room, a wonderfully quiet HVAC system with wall thermostat and ability to open the window, very small bathroom with sink/vanity outside of main bath, loud doors. A definite 4.5 stars due to location, value, and HVAC. Deduction for loud doors and lack of explanation of breakfast (must be ordered ahead and larger than a normal "continental").

Room Tip: Get a garden view on the north wing to limit noise from road and restaurant/ballrooms. Noise only an issue for very light sleepers.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had my parents 60th wedding anniversary here and it was wonderful. Only complaint would be we felt a bit rushed at the towards the end. The food and service were top notch! Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Beautiful yet rustic hotel with friendly staff and great rooms. I stay here every time I come to Philidelphia and I've always been satisfied. They offer a great breakfast in the morning and the rooms are always cleaned well. I enjoy having the option of going to the gym and the location to great restaurants.

I'll definitely be coming back soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business