“I couldn't have asked for more”
Review of Wayne Hotel

Wayne Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed October 1, 2007

I just got married and most of my wedding guests stayed here. My husband and I also spent our wedding night. I was probably a bit more demanding than most brides because I'm an event planner but the manager and staff at The Wayne didn't miss a detail. We had booked the rehearsal dinner at Restaurant Taquet in the hotel and it was flawless. Many of my relatives and friends told me how much they liked the hotel. We didn't book all the rooms but we were made to feel right at home. You just can't beat the location either. The only down side for me was that they only offer continental breakfast. I would have liked to have had cooked breakfast available before everyone left but my Mom wanted to have a brunch at her house anyway so it didn' t matter. I was so glad that our guests really got a true sense of the Main Line and I would have no hesitation recommending the Wayne Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007
7  Thank mainlinechris

Reviewed July 30, 2007

My extended stay at the Wayne Hotel provided a quiet retreat when I relocated to Chester County last year. After twenty years of suburban living, I decided life in a hotel would provide a needed change and I was delighted to find the perfect accommodations at this stately Victorian hotel right in the center of Wayne. The traditional décor with soft colors and dark wood furniture was quite charming. Fresh flowers on arrival, hot coffee, fruit and pastries for breakfast each day and a warm, friendly staff made me feel very special. If you want to take a step back in time, you will enjoy the atmosphere of the Wayne Hotel – and shopping in Wayne is a boutique experience!

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled solo
5  Thank Theanodynetourist
Reviewed May 22, 2007

Please don't miss out on a wonderful experience by basing your decision on some of the postings listed previously. If you want to experience the heart of the Main Line, surrounded by great shopping all within walking distance, excellent and eclectic restaurant choices and the charm of a historic "un-cookie cutter-like" hotel, you will LOVE the Wayne Hotel. Discard the remarks about uncomfortable beds - the hotel recently upgraded all beds to a wonderful, plush mattress. We found the staff to be delightful --- perhaps cranky people do not bring out the best in employees! The manager bends over backwards to attend to any issues that arise...and then there's the best place to be on a balmy night: the porch at Tacquet --- a favorite place to enjoy a glass of wine and watch passersby -- or to indulge in a gourmet feast.

Obviously, I'm a big fan of the Wayne Hotel, which has not been characterized accurately in previous postings.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
8  Thank BrendaV
Reviewed September 14, 2006

I come to the area often for business and have stayed here at least four separate times in the past few months. The same guy checks me in and never acknowledges that he's ever seen me before. He frankly should not be in a position to be interacting with guests.

It would nice to feel appreciated and recognized; this is a hospitality business after all.

I would love to like this place but I've had it at this point. As others have said, the pillows are awful the bed only less so. The hangars all have those theft deterrant things that are frankly an insult to the guests. Plastic cups in plastic wrap in the bathroom. No tissue box in the room.

I talk to people in the Taquet bar and everyone says the same things and that the management never seems to respond to any suggestions.

The food and service at Taquet are fantastic; I wish someone at the hotel would make any effort at all to please the guests. They obviously don't care.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank flicklives
Reviewed May 7, 2006

Just returned from my five night stay, May 1-5th at this hotel. I have been a guest here several times over the last few years and the main reason I return to this hotel is because I enjoy the location and the fact that it is a beautiful old Victorian building.

The room I got this time, 403, it is big and in the front of the hotel. It had a large bed but the pillows were hard, foam rocks! I could not get a good night's sleep at all. The legendary old housekeeper, Izzy, had pasted away four weeks ago. She was a character and not the nicest person but certainly made things colorful.

This hotel really could use sprucing up of their room furnishings. My room had a padded bench at the foot of the bed that was stained badly and really needed to be either recovered and replaced! It is a real shabby chic look. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. The restaurant on site is wonderful too.

If this place would just put in new beds and nicer bedding to go with it I would LOVE it!

1  Thank Hado1
Reviewed February 15, 2006

OK, after reading the horrible reviews I feel compelled to stick up for my favorite hotel in the area.

I travel frequently to the Wayne, PA area, and always stay at The Wayne.

Yes, the rooms are badly decorated.
Yes, the beds are somewhat uncomfortable.
Yes, the amenities are all but non-existent.
And, Yes, the staff is rude.

BUT, unlike all of the other hotels in the area, it's not a sterile chain hotel. AND, most importantly, the reason why I like The Wayne is because it's the one place in the area where you are in the midst of a real town. You don't have to drive to get a good dinner (Taquet, the on-site restaurant is excellent...I die for the lamb stew...), a late night drink (several nearby establishments stay open late and cater to the more hip locals and more well-funded college students...Christopher's is a favorite), a latte at Starbucks (5 minute walk) or an authentic breakfast at a great "dive" (Joe's, 7 minute walk).

So, if you want something DIFFERENT from a Hampton Inn, stay at The Wayne. Take the rude staff with a sense of humor, let the lack of amenities and technology increase your appreciation of your real life, and catch up on sleep when you get home!

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank DiscriminatingDiner
Reviewed December 8, 2005

This is a horrible hotel for business travelers -- or anyone in search of a good night's sleep. The bed is like a piece of granite and the pillows are like rocks. Everything is done up in a more provincial version of shabby chic -- emphasis on shabby. It's midnight, I have a job interview in the morning, and I can't get to sleep because the elevator keeps rambling up and down the shaft and my neighbors are noisy. This is not worth the money at all.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank JHill2002
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Radnor Hotel
Philadelphia Marriott West
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Wayne Hotel? Share your experiences!