“A disappointment for my parents during my wedding!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wayne, PA
“A disappointment for my parents during my wedding!”
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I booked a room for my elderly parents for my wedding and when they checked in, the microwave did not work and the refrigerator was not cold. No big deal. They reported these issues and were told that they would be corrected. They left to go to the rehearsal dinner, and upon returning, the issues were not corrected. They then went to get a shower only to find that there was no water pressure and no hot water. They reported these issues, the maintenance person tried to correct them but was unsuccessful. So at 10:30 at night, my 76 year old father and my sick mother had to move all of their belongings to a new room just to get a shower. I spoke to the manager there today and explained how embarassing it was to think you were getting nice accomodations for your parents to attend your wedding only to have no water to shower with! He was pretty unsympathetic stating that they waived their $15 phone charges (for 2 calls that is) and upgraded their room. When I spoke to my parents about the upgrade, they said the room was not as nice as the first room and it had a terrible view. I'm guessing that running water is an upgrade. The manager said it had a larger living room. Well for two elderly parents at 10:30pm, they would have preferred running water compared to a few extra square feet in the living room. I live down the street from this hotel and have always thought that it was an respectable, 4 star hotel only to find out that my parents probably would have been better off at the Motel 6! It was really disappointing to hear that my parents had to deal with such issues on one of the most special days in our lives and then to speak to a manager who clearly doesn't really care!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
New York
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Wayne PA for a hockey tournament this past weekend. We stayed with about 20 families. The hotel was packed ... I think completely sold out, but we still had a very pleasant stay.

Check in and out was handled quickly and efficiently. Every member of the hotel staff was courteous and professional.

Our rooms were 2 room suites, which included a living room and a bedroom. The living room had a flat screen TV, a desk and chair, pull out sleeper couch and table. The bedroom had an armoire which housed a television and drawers for your clothes, a bed (a king size bed in my case,) and two side tables. The bathroom was situated between the bedroom and living room. There was also a small area across from the bathroom with a counter area with a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

The bathroom was nicely appointed with huge absorbent towels, nice smelling toiletries, a blow dryer and a nice size mirror. The bathroom was very clean and had plenty of room to move about. The shower head STUNK. Very low water flow ... took forever to rinse the conditioner out of my hair. The sink area was large with plenty of room for personal items.

The bedroom was a nice size. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows and a great comforter. I was surprised to find the bottom sheet covering the bed to be so hard and scratchy while the comforter and pillowcases were so soft ... strange. We slept very comfortably.

Our room looked out into the lobby near the elevators. I would suggest that you request a room away from this area. I could not open up the front curtains because of all the traffic that walked by our room. That made the living room area very dark (even with the lamps on.) It was also noisy (the hotel was sold out.)

The hotel has wireless and wired Internet service. It was a bit slow, and we had to reboot our computer a couple of times while using the wireless service. Wired service was much better.

We ate dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Breakfast was included and was tasty. Dinner was OK. The French onion soup was very good. The Buffalo Sampler was OK ... a little strange to eat mozzarella sticks with buffalo dressing. The Philly Cheese steak was tasty. The service was friendly and the food was brought out quickly. The restaurant also had a nice salad bar with lots of items to choose from.

The pool was OK ... kids enjoyed swimming in it. The gym was in a glassed in area that abutted the pool. I'm not sure if I would have used it because I found it to be very exposed. I'm not sure if I would have felt comfortable enough to work out there.

The lobby area was nice with lots of comfortable seating for relaxing. The lounge was lovely, and the bartender made some excellent drinks.

There was plenty of parking and a pleasant grassy area outside the hotel. Our boys played wiffle ball out there.

Another nice thing was the 10:00 PM curfew set for the kids. Children had to be out of the common area by 10:00 PM. It made the hotel considerably quieter. Our boys knew they had to stop playing in the lobby at 10:00, and it made it much easier to get them back to the room. The security staff was alert and firm with the kids, but they were never rude or unfriendly.

I asked for a late checkout, which they refused because they said they were fully booked. They did offer an extended stay ... 3 hours extra for 1/2 day price. I thought they could have just given me an extra hour considering I brought 20 families to stay there. UGH.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay here, and I would recommend the hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank Kappa1991
philly
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We spent the weekend there. There is a really nice lounge. We really enjoyed the location. There is an incredible park that is walking distance. There is also a huge Chucke Cheese only about 3 minutes away.

The only negative was that the indoor pool was a little chilly and we found the downstairs bathrooms to be a little dark.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mastmommy
washington dc
Reviewed April 11, 2009

The stay was a unremarkable. The elevators are very slow (I was told that one gets stuck everyday) and when I was there, the electricity on one full side of the room was out. I got in late so with the other people in my room already sleeping it was not really an option to switch rooms. They promised me a form of compensation, which they later said was "rejected by the manager." I am very upset with the level of service from this hotel, and would strongly advise you to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank pcgr505jl
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 5, 2009

All i can say is that i found this hotel perfectly suited to my needs, and would definitely suit all kinds of travelers. The only thing i found off putting was that the shower heads left something to be desired.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott0
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 15, 2009

CONs: Inexperienced or poorly trained front desk staff. Showers have the 'low flow' shower heads and the water is very soft. Difficult to get soap or suds off.

Pros: Hotel has been completely refurbished, although one of the two TVs in our room was an oldie but goodie. Convenient location to highways. Lots of parking close to the hotel. Breakfast included along with manager's special in the evening. Walking trails around the property. Breakfast staff very friendly and customer service oriented.

Good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NewEnglandtravelr
los angeles, ca
Reviewed November 7, 2008

Ample free parking when i came in.
Very large room and very clean, but everything was mediocre. I wasn't very impressed, but I wasn't unhappy with anything either.
The sheets were very uncomfortable, the bathrooms were pretty average. Shower heads were a little sad though.
I didn't stay very long so I didn't get to try out anything else.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It gives you everything you need, a lot of extra breathing room and amenities, but not much else. Everything was just fine, it was just... mediocre at it.

• Liked — very ample room, very ample parking
  • Disliked — low-quality sheets, shower heads, etc.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phila...
#3 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge? Share your experiences!