“A Great Stay for a Great Price”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This hotel was very conveniently located, situated close to Philadelphia and the King of Prussia Mall. The price was very reasonable, and included a complimentary breakfast, which I expected to be the typical bagels, cereal, and yogurt. Instead, it had made to order omelets, fresh fruit, homemade oatmeal, etc., and was excellent. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious, and hotel staff quite helpful and friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was here for personal business. The staff has gotten shredded on reviews in different internet reviews and I don't get it. That certainly was NOT my experience. From my calls to the Front Desk before I arrived to ensure I was getting a non-smoking King ( got the room through Hotwire), to the Front Desk employee who checked me in, to the Bartender, and the Nighttime Manager who checked me out - I received friendly,professional service. The room was nice. It was clean. Breakfast was included - not the typical crappy hotel breakfast - but cook-to-your-order omelet. Easy an additional $15 value. Workout room was above average for a hotel. Indoor pool had a whirlpool. Manager's reception of beer and wine included but I did not partake. One issue I had was I ordered the crab and shrimp appetizer at the bar and while the shrimp were marvelous the crab smelled gross and was warm. Bartender was happy to take off the check and substitute something else. Thats all I could ask for and expect. Great stay. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here for my son's hockey tournament that was held at Ice Line Quad Rinks and the Oaks Ice Center. Good location relative to the rinks and easy on, easy off the high way. Value was good. Had a corner room so it was very quiet. Not a lot of eating options close by but the hotel food was good. Parking was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very disappointing stay. Upon our arrival we found a large we stain on the sofa bed cushion. The hotel was unable to clean or replace the cushion and would not move us to a clean room. They sent a bed sheet to wrap the dirty cushion. There was also a dirty fork and other trash found under the sofa. Definitely would not stay at this hotel ever again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
katerinaharalambou, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We really liked this Embassy Suites Hotel for our family vacation in August. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, if a bit dated. It is constructed in a 1970s-era arrangement with an indoor central court with windows in the rooms facing both outside to the exterior of the hotel and inside to the hotel’s central court. I love retro construction like this (in small doses), but even if you don’t I didn’t find it anyway disruptive in terms of noise or comfort.

The rooms themselves are very well-equipped with comfortable (if not luxurious) furniture and fixtures. We had a one bedroom suite that featured a bedroom and a living room with a small “kitchen” space that included a small countertop, sink and refrigerator. The bathroom, water pressure and temperature were all fine. There was also no problem in keeping the room a comfortable temperature.

The hotel offers a fantastic complimentary breakfast buffet. This was really great with copious quantities and good quality of all the kinds of breakfast foods you expect to see. If you enjoy breakfast buffets, you will not be disappointed by this one, which is also served in the hotel’s very comfortable and pleasant restaurant space.

The hotel offered a really enjoyable evening happy hour too. Beer, wine and liquor was available – modest selections but poured with great cheer by a bartender and served in the very pleasant courtyard space. Snacks were also served. A great way to grab a quick drink and wind-down a bit.

The common areas in the hotel are pleasant and well-kept. There is a decently-sized exercise room with a good assortment of equipment as well as a very nice indoor, heated pool.

Service was generally good to very good, but we found some rough spots: for example, the bar tender at the hotel’s bar (not the happy hour) was one of the rudest hotel employees I have ever met.

The hotel itself is situated off Route 202. The hotel is sufficiently distant from Route 202 that noise is not a problem. There is also shopping in either direction along Route 202 and the King of Prussia complex in Upper Merion is about 10 minutes away. The hotel is conveniently located for forays into Valley Forge but other high-volume attractions, like the Brandywine Valley and Philadelphia are much farther. This wasn’t a problem for us, but be aware to incorporate at least an hour of driving time into your itinerary if you intend to travel to one of these more distant locations.

Please note that hotels like this often have weekend events at the hotel or take on large group bookings for events held externally. When such groups have a disorderly nature they can be extremely disruptive. There were a few large groups at the hotel during our time there, but they not particularly disruptive, except for their ability to devour the contents of the morning buffets.

Overall, I really enjoyed this hotel – and would recommend especially for families with children and/or lovers of breakfast buffets. We've also stayed at the nearby Sheraton. While that's a fine hotel, I believe this ES offers a better value - larger rooms (suites) - has a nicer pool - and also provides the free buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love the suite with a locking bedroom door,2 Tv's, very comfortable bed and how spacious it is. Now let me get to the free breakfast !! Omelet made your way :)....thats just the beginning. Bacon,sausage,french toast,danish,cereal (hot and cold),yogurt and much more...This is our 2nd time staying and we will be back. The casino and mall is 5 mins away,and we went to the outlets which was only about 25 mins away. My Husband and I just love it !!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eshorechic
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 2, 2013

OLD OLD OLD . Suite configuration is out of date and horrible. Dungeon or shoe box ? I only stay because my company requires it. Convenient to offices and service is finee. But honestly Hilton needs to start thinnnnnking about the quality. Yes it is clean excluding the stale stink of some of the rooms, food quality is marginal at best. Service is fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Paul F, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
4 mi away
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
#5 of 16 in King of Prussia
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
#7 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge? Share your experiences!