“Embassy Suites Malvern”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great business hotel. Clean, convenient and comfortable. Everything you need on a business trip. Great rooms, really outstanding breakfasts and the best bar/bartender in the area. Bill is a pro! Also the managers reception is lengthy from 5:30 - 7:30 and is a great place to decompress with co-workers or to meet other business professionals.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The family was travelling for a family renunion. We loved the space in the room for all of us, 2 adults 2 children. The breakfast was more than we were expecting and the night time drinks and snacks were an added bonus. Don't miss out!

Room Tip: Go down early to breakfast, don't wait for all of the late sleepers to arrive.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stay at this hotel several times a month. I'm always amazed that each of the front desk employees and managers recognize me by name. The breakfast offering is fresh and hot each morning. The suites are large with a desk and seperate living area, more than I need. The service is what keeps me coming back.

Room Tip: The male omellette chef in the morning is excellent.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I won a free night here at work and the wife and I cashed in on it over the weekend. I work nearby and we have plenty of visitors who stay here so I was looking forward to the night out. When I first walked in, I was a bit disappointed as the outside seemed nicer than the inside. The lobby is nothing to get overly excited about, but they were friendly. They also have snacks, medicine, and drinks that can be purchased here as well. The daily managers reception was still going on, but we opted to skip on this event. Our room was on the first floor right next to the open area where the manager's reception was going on. It also seems to be a gathering place and we could often hear noise from people in this area throughout the evening. I would suggest asking for a higher room or in another part of the hotel.

The rooms are 2-room suites and when you first walk in, you are in the living room. As you walk thru, the middle portion is the bathroom and coffee area and the bedroom is at the back. Although it's called a 2-room suite, there are no doors separating any of these areas. The first thing I noticed is how dark the living area was, even with several lights on. As I began taking pictures of the room, my wife continued on to check out the rest of the place. Then all I hear from her is "What is that bug crawling on the pillow!" followed by "Is that a bed bug?". I walked into the bedroom to simply discover that is was nothing more than an ant crawling around. Still a bit disappointing, but at least it wasn't a bed bug. We pulled the sheets back on the bed to make sure everything was clean, and it was, but I will say that the bed linens seemed a bit worn to me. In general, the room was showing it's age with some spots on the walls/ceilings/floor and some of the furniture nicked up. It wouldn't necessarily prevent me from staying here, but the place is in need of a facelift.

The work area was OK and free WiFi was available. There is an outlet that is easy to get to for plugging in your laptop. If you wanted to watch TV while you worked, you would have to turn the TV or sit on the couch and work there. The room also contains a small fridge and microwave, but no in-room safe that I could find. The usual other amenities can be found here like iron, ironing board, luggage rack, etc. The bathroom was clean and there was plenty of counter space to put your stuff out on. I liked the big shower head and water pressure was very nice. There is a TV in both the living area and in the bedroom. We never turned the TV on so can't really comment on it.

The bed was pretty comfortable. There is a night stand on either side of the bed, but no easy access to plugs. I had to unplug the lamp in order to plug in my CPAP machine, and then I still had no place to plug in my phone. I woke up at one point and looked at the clock to find that it was 9 something. At first I thought my phone alarm did not go off at 7 as planned and that I overslept but then was thinking it was still awfully dark in the room. As it turns out, the clock was set incorrectly and was 5 hours behind in time. Not sure why housekeeping didn't catch that and set it correctly.

Breakfast in the morning was also included, so we went over to the on-site restaurant where they had "made-to-order" breakfast. Basically they would make omelets for you, or you could just get something from the buffet. There was an assortment of breads, cereals, fruit along with oatmeal, pancakes, bacon, breakfast potatoes, sausage, and eggs. For drinks there was coffee, tea, and an assortment of juices. All in all, breakfast was decent and no major complaints here.

In the end, we for the most part enjoyed our one night stay here. I still feel like the hotel needs to do some renovation to keep it fresh and newer looking.

Room Tip: Don't select a room next to the general gathering area on the first floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GigemAggie
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here last weekend... All I can say is, What a Nightmare! very bad.. not clean at all... This def does not carry the name of Embassy Suites...We went to eat breakfast one morning and had a terrible experience... I don't think I can explain it here... It was just a bad stay, not worth of all any money..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank I A
Paul F, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very Good - The overall stay was nice. Carpet needed a cleaning, but the staff was really on top of any request I made. Elevator was some what slow, but business center had two printers and front desk made copies, faxed papers for free.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel because the price was right, and it was also one of the few hotels in the area that still offer smoking rooms. I booked the room as a kind of get away night for my wife and I.

Upon first arrival to the hotel they did not have us booked for a smoking room, but they did fix that for us. Also, there was baseball tournament in the area so there were children running around not to mention there was no A/C in the lobby. This did not make the check-in process very pleasant.

Once we were given our key we went to the room (on the forth floor all the way at the end of the hall) and the key did not work on the door. As this sometimes happens my wife stayed by the door, and I went down for another key. Made it back upstairs only to have that key not work as well.

When I went to the front desk I asked if someone who knew what they were doing could please make me a key that worked. The receptionist got an attitude with me and told me that I needed to calm down. Upon asking for a manager i was told that there was no manager available in a rather nasty tone. the manager on duty did join us and paged maintenance to meet us at the room. The manager re-programmed the key himself and walked with me back to the room. The key still did not work, but the maintenance technician was able to open the door with his key and informed us that he would re-program the door shortly. I was not fond of staying in a room with a non-functioning door, but at least I was finally in my room.

Once I get in there the room is a mess. Even though it was a smoking room it smelled awful. I have stayed in other smoking rooms that were not nearly as foul smelling as this one. Also, the bed was not made, and the pillows were in the floor. I immediately called the front desk and asked for the manager to come back to the room. While standing there waiting I wanted a cigarette, but could not find an ash tray. While waiting for the manager to return I begin sweating like i was on fire. This wasn't far from reality as the heat was on in the room. That was the last straw.

I got my bags and started making my way towards the front door. I told the manager that I wanted a full refund and that I would not stay in that hotel. He offered to find me another room. It took almost an hour for me to finally be told that there was a room available but for a higher price than I had booked this bigger room for. I said no thank you and left.

The next day my wife's credit card(which was used to cover incidentals and not used to book the room) was charged for nearly the entire for the room. While calling to inquire about this the manager on the phone got nasty with me as well. Poor customer service at this establishment.

Please do yourself a favor and find another hotel in the area. You couldn't pay me to stay in this establishment. The only reason I gave this a one is because i couldn't give it anything less.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. That's how you can find the best room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Let me start by apologizing to you and your wife for all of the issues you encountered during your time with us. We've addressed your concerns with our team members and the necessary adjustments have been made.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
4 mi away
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
#5 of 16 in King of Prussia
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
#7 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge? Share your experiences!