“The facility needs an update” 2 of 5 bubbles

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wayne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Ohio
“The facility needs an update”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times before and my company is a major customer. We are a fortune 30 company and most of our traveling employees and corporate guest stay at this hotel...however my last stay there has me thinking we need to perhaps find another facility. The elevator was not working and the staff had to go reset it. We waited 15 minutes before we could get up to our rooms. Once I got to the room there was urine still on the toliet seat. YUCK! I immediately went and asked for a another room. They apologized and gave me a new room but then I had to hear the utilities all night. Not sure if I was under the utility room but it hummed all night long. The room was clean but clearly worn from years of use with stained floor and couch. However I do think the resturant has good food, love the morning free breakfast and the bar also is great down stairs. The staff also was very friendly...it is just time for the buliding and rooms to be updated and the cleaniess of the maid service needs to be looked at.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
katerinaharalambou, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, I apologize for the issues you encountered. We are working with all of our team members to ensure that we correct all issues mentioned. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements. Thank you and we hope to see you soon. .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotael is in a very convient location, the pricing is a good value since you have plently of room to share in suite, get a nice complimentary full breakfast and a happy hour each night. The beds are lush and cozy, even the sleeper sofa! You have a fridge and microwave in each room plus the restuarant and bar offer a nice moderate priced menu.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Upstate NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Excellent hotel for business stay in the Malvern area. Breakfast includes made to order omelets as well as a good variety of hot and cold items. Living room furniture is adequate but not very comfortable. The beds however are terrific.

Exeter
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is situation out of the way in what appears to be an corporate development park. Though a bit out of the way, this hotel was of average quality for the Embassy Suites brand with excellent service and a somewhat worn physical plant.

Upon check in, I was not recognized as a Hilton Diamond Member nor did they even have record of my reservation. Though the staff was apologetic and shared they were new, it didn't give me faith that the stay was going to go well.

The rooms are two room suites as is the standard of an Embassy Suites. The room smelled old and the furniture was worn and tired. Much to my surprise, room service was excellent. Breakfast however, was terrible. Everything was overcooked...eggs, bacon and sausage were apparently burned and dry. I took two bites of my breakfast and walked away.

Despite some of the shortcomings of the hotel, the staff truly were good people that were eager to please. With a little bit more training and some attention the guest rooms, this hotel could be something special.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
katerinaharalambou, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. While we appreciate your positive comments about the staff, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you endured during your arrival and breakfast while staying with us. We hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed at the Embassy Suites in Valley Forge over the last weekend n enjoyed it very much. The lobby was huge n beautifully decorated for the holidays, the front desk personnel were very nice n helpful, the rooms were very comfortable esp. the bathroom. And the free breakfast was incredible! plus it was very close to the biggest mall in Pennsylvania.

Room Tip: Corner suites are best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Wesley Chapel, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have stayed at this Embassy many times over the last 5 years. I visit the area for business many times a year. The hotel has improved however, it still is a work in progress. The checking process is great, always friendly and attentive, the morning breakfast is awesome, the employees are great people. The business center does its purpose. The pool area recently renovated is nice for laps and the hot tub next to it is great for relaxing. The rooms are spacious but they are a bit outdated. TVs finally got changed to flat screens, the bed are super comfortable, some of the A/Cs where replaced and the small refrigerators are great. The windows need help!!! Sometimes the water, wind, and noise from the outside can come in. You do not want one of the rooms facing the highway. Come on Hilton, you are almost there. I am sure they are going to deal with this issues soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank clacos
katerinaharalambou, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for being a loyal guest and for taking the time to share feedback on your experiences with us over the years. We sincerely appreciate your input as an individual who has seen us through change and we’re glad to hear you are enjoying the updates to our two-room suites. You are correct in assuming we are making these upgrades in phases and the remaining items on your list will be tackled in the near future. We value your comments and hope to hear from you again as we continually work to improve our guest experience.
phillytraveller2
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I recently stayed at this property over the weekend with my wife. Typically when you go to an Embassy Suites you expect a certain level of service. At check in, the front desk staff was very nice, however you could tell they were overwhelmed with a lot of people checking in, phone calls, etc. It seemed as if they could easily use another worker. Also, the whole time other employees, clearly the execs, kept walking by the desk apparently blissfully unaware of how overwhelmed the front desk was. When we got to the room it was nice enough, but there were just little things such as the creamers being spoiled, sofa bed not made up, and stains on the sheets that just tells me housekeeping is probably understaffed as well. Other than that, the rooms were fine. While eating in the restaurant, the server and a man who I believe was the manager could not have been more overwhelmed. There was a good amount of people eating and they were both clearly very busy and again understaffed, but still very nice. I saw the same manager all over the hotel throughout the night and felt sorry for him. After dinner, it was the same thing in the bar. Nice workers, but very understaffed. So overall, the hotel itself was semi-decent but rarely have I seen a place more understaffed, and that is I think the worst thing you can have in the service industry. So until the Embassy Suites in Valley Forge realizes its dire need to have ample staffing, something I got the feeling is unlikely to happen, my family and anyone I can spare wont be staying there.

Room Tip: get a room not facing the highway, or just go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phillytraveller2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#3 of 5 in Wayne
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
No photo provided
Residence Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge? Share your experiences!