“No Frills but Clean” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gravity Inn Motel

The Gravity Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waymart
The Gravity Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waymart
Champaign, Illinois
“No Frills but Clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

We were in Waymart visiting family and were in need of a hotel. This being the only hotel in town, our selection of hotels was limited. Upon arriving at the hotel we noticed poor landscaping and the fact that a sign was posted telling us to go to the Bartender to retrieve key.

Our second impression was much more positive. The rooms were very modest, but clean. The bathroom lacks a hairdryer and toiletries came in ketchup like packets.

If you're in need of a place to stay, rest assured that the Gravity Inn will meet your travel needs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HaydnLambert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Buena Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stay at the Gravity Inn Motel every time I visit my sister and her family in Waymart. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The biggest frills you're going to find here are the chocolate mints on the counter each day. If you've never visited Waymart and the annual Halloween party at the Gravity Inn, check it out! You won't be disappointed. Lots of fun!

Rich
Buena Park, CA

Room Tip: Don't take Room #8. That's mine!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Rich H
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

I have had occasion to stay at the Gravity Inn approx. twice a year for the past three or four years and have never been disappointed. It may not have any frills but the cleanliness and pleasant staff have remained consistent on each visit. The food at the Gravity Inn is homemade and very good, again never disappointed and eat there at least four times per trip, breakfast and dinner. So save your money and bank on this being a pleasant experience for the price :)

Room Tip: The handicapped room has an very accessible walk in shower and plenty of room to maneuver a wheel ch...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
West Chester, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

I was one of the unlucky people that had to travel during hurricane Irene to attend a wedding. I had booked a really nice cabin with a jacuzzi tub, fire place, memory foam mattress, etc. Because of the hurricane my husband was not able to leave home since he cares for the elderly and manages other's estates. I emailed the cabin and said that we were not able to come and asked if one of the other wedding guest could use the cabin since I had already agreed to book the cabin with a no refund understanding. When my nephew heard the news he and the bride were crushed, so I decided to make the four hour trip alone. I called the cabin and spoke to the owner and explained that I would be coming without fail. Everything was fine until I got a call from my husband who said that there was a phone message saying that my cabin was given away! I tried to call but there was no answer so I left the reception and went tot he cabin. They gave away my cabin becasue they read my earlier email "after" I spoke to her. Evening was falling so I asked them for the number of the gravity inn which I say online and rejected, but any port in a storm really applied now. They had one room available so I said I'd be right there.I arrived at the motel office and found a note on the door saying that I should see the bartender for check in. The bar was dark, loud, and full of patrons. As I walked through the bar stools and pool tables the stares I got were chilling because I was all dressed up for the wedding. Everyone saw me fill out the registration form and receive a key. I went to the room to unload my overnight bag and then I was going back to the reception. The smoking room was terrible smelling, no hair dryer, no fridge, no iron, no coffee maker, absolutely nothing but a bed and a bathroom for $70.00. I lifted the mattress to check for bedbugs, but even they refused to be under there. Huge stains which could have come from the 6foot painted over crack in the ceiling, or worse, sloppy humans. I wanted to run, but driving home in the worst of Irene was my only choice so I stayed. The driving winds, pouring rain, and flickering power loss delayed my sleep, but eventually it came. At 1:30am I was awaken by someone pounding on my door. My first thought was that we were all being evacuated. I went to get up but then I heard females giggling, so I sat silently in the dark. Three more loud raps on my door, then the drunks stumbled away. Wide awake now I lay and listened as other bar patrons peeled out and did donuts in the parking lot. When day broke I risked high winds, flash flooding, and mud slides to escape that place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank noway n
cliff32, Manager at The Gravity Inn Motel, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
I'm very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay here at The Gravity Inn. I can assure you, any problem you may have found in that room has been fixed, however it is the only smoking room we have so removing the smell of smoke is rather difficult. Any person who does not wish to check in the bar area may make arrangements to fill out your registration card & receive the key in one of our two dining rooms. As far as the amenities go, we are modest in that fashion however beside the beds & a bathroom we do have AC, Cable TV & other furniture you would find common in a motel room. We are also the newest, least expensive & most well kept Motels in the area. I'm also sorry your sleep was disturbed so late in the night & I would like to assure you along with the thousands of guests we have every year I have never heard of such an event & would like to mention if such an event were to ever to occur again I strongly suggest calling the office number where it will be transferred to the restaurant & the problem will swiftly be remedied. I would like to thank you for your comments, we are a family owned & operated business in a corporate world, and we strive to everyday to improve our service & facility to stay competitive in this fast growing market. My name is Cliff Krajkovich, I am the General Manager. My parents Paul & Phyllis Krajkovich built this motel in 1999. Anything we can do to further assist you please ask for me directly, 570-488-5800 or 570-488-6918.
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

Being accustomed to staying in very nice places, we were concerned about what we might find in Waymart, while visiting friends. It is a "bare bones" motel but very, very clean and comfortable. We spent minimal time here, but found it suitable to shower and sleep here, and we would stay here again when visiting.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

I was told by locals, "it is rundown, dangerous" etc., Well I will say that I checked it out for myself, and my wife and I had the best lunch and then dinner, at an affordable price. The employees and management are better than alot of national chains.
We decided to stay the evening and I was shocked just because what people said, by the way it was like 10 years earlier that they were there. The rooms are perfect, very clean, the beds are very comfortable, I just could not find anything to complain about. Also they offer a great breakfast, so come and enjoy, this place is Waymart's hidden secret.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MapManPennsylvania
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2009

I grew up in Waymart and stayed at The Gravity Inn with my fiance in December of 2007. It's minimal in terms of amenities, but it's extremely clean, an excellent value, and situated in a great location right in town. The owner's also have a restaurant/bar that's right next door so you can have a drink and a good meal. (I eat there every time I'm in the area.) You can't go wrong!

Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waymart
The Carbondale Grand Hotel & Conference Center
Wayne Inn
Wayne Inn
#3 of 3 in Honesdale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dickson City-Scranton

Been to The Gravity Inn Motel? Share your experiences!