“Great place to relax & play!”

Sparrow Pond Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waterford
Sparrow Pond Campground
pa
“Great place to relax & play!”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I have been to Sparrow Pond several times and have had great service and wonderful vacations. The pool, walking/biking paths, pond, rec room, and restrooms are always in perfect condition. Everything is clean and updated. The people who run the campground as well as the fellow campers are very family friendly. There is space for children to run, play, ride bikes and fish. It is a great place for families to enjoy fresh air and relaxing outdoor fun. I will stay here again and recommend it to friends. It is in a perfect location to Lake Erie, the indoor water park, and Family First Sports Center. Staff provided snacks and activities. Staff also provided security and safey throughout the park reinforcing the quiet hours in the evening and patroling the children's play areas. We felt safe and well taken care of.
Thank you Sparrow Pond!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank soccermom48

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 13, 2010

The problems started Friday night when a “group” of people were lighting off fireworks. This drove my dog nuts and caused my sisters dog to freak-out and crawl under her table, quivering and whining because she’s quite afraid of fireworks. We reported this to the “staff”, but it went on the next night. On Saturday, my brother-in-law caught a bunch of the kids with this group down at the pond fishing, using small bluegill that they caught as bait to try to catch other fish. The only thing this did was to stress and kill some of the fish. When the kids were approached about this, they told my brother-in-law “yah, whatever”.
While I was out walking my dog, I caught one of the boys urinating on the side of one of the cabins. When I approached him about it, he said this is what they do at home! When I asked where his parents were, he didn’t know. I asked some adults in the campsites across from the cabins if the boy’s were part of their group, they said yes, so I told them about the problem. Their response was “Ok, whatever”. I told the “staff” about this and the girl at the front desk said they would send “security” around whenever they got back.
The “staff” and “security” at this facility is a bunch of young kids (I’m guessing 16-20), who in my mind, cannot control campers who do not obey the rules. There needs to be an adult who can take control of the situation and remove these people from the campground. Of course, the fact might be that this “group” of people were in the soccer tournaments (Erie Admirals Flagship Cup) at Family First Sports Park and the “staff” doesn’t want to lose the business, could be the reason nothing was done about this. I guess it’s easier to lose two family’s business.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ScoutmasterT36
Warren
Reviewed June 14, 2007

We camped at Sparrowpond Campground for a week this June and found everything to be in excellent shape. Restrooms were excellent & cleaned more than once a week. The swimming pool is also for wading. It starts out at 1 foot and gradually goes to 4 & 1/2 foot deep. They have plenty of activities going on plus they are located just 8 miles south of Erie where you can take your bike to Presquale park for a leasurely ride and enjoy the beaches, boats & lighthouse.

1 Thank sunshine994

Been to Sparrow Pond Campground? Share your experiences!