“Comfortable and reasonable”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Galesburg, Illinois
“Comfortable and reasonable”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were only here overnight and picked up a savings coupon at the welcome center outside Washington for a great rate. The room was clean and the bath had been remodeled recently. Beds and pillows were comfortable. staff was pleasant and helpful. Lots of places to eat nearby. we worried a bit about our room being close to the stairs, but it was quiet.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking time from your schedule to post such an outstanding review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It has been our goal to exceed our guest’s expectations and by reading your comments, we were successful. Your comments are very much appreciated. Again, our sincerest thanks and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just drove back from Florida to Ontario and the last night we stayed in Washington PA. The welcome centre at the PA border recommended this spot as the cutoff was a short drive from the Interstate. The hotel was undergoing renovations in the back area, but no interference for us. We were given a room on the 2nd level, but upon entering I could tell it was a "smoking room". We called down to see if a non smoking room was available, and we got one just finished that day. The front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating. I found the room quite, comfortable, and most importantly...the beds were amazing...the BEST sleep I had on my whole vacation.

PS> What mattresses do you use???? Gotta get one! Thanks Again.

Room Tip: Hotel is close to gas, pharmacy, restaurants. Less than 2 miles to the Interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to give us such a nice compliment. We are glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and we do feel they are a great value. I was also very pleased that my GSR made you feel so welcome and were accommodating. It is our goal to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inns!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Here for only two days, and paid 62.99 a night for a Friday/ Saturday nights. The room is modern and clean. I have two complaints about the room- not very many Cable TV channels- 26, with only Cartoon Network for kids.I have kids and they don't even have Nick or PBS for that matter! You could buy individual episodes of PBS cartoons for 3.99, a rip off. Also had a noisy airconditioner/heater when it kicks on/off, and the heat worked when it wanted to. No breakfast here, but that's why we bring our own food. Denny's is right down the hill, along with a Wendy's. Pretty quiet here, I can hear some hallway noise, but we were put in the back building with the workers who live here (oil and gas people). No sequrity cameras here, not sure I like that. The doors from the outsides have no card slots to keep people out who shouldn't be here. Oh yeah, the mattresses are a bit on the very firm side. Reminds me of a cheap mattress I bought for one of my kids because they had to have a new one. No pool here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our Red Roof Inn. I am truly sorry that you experience several different issues during your stay. We do perform daily and weekly room inspections as well as preventive maintenance in all of our rooms, so I can assure you that this particular issue is an isolated incident. I will take your comments regarding the level of noise coming from our air conditioner units. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Washington, PA.
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was on a long road trip with my cat. Other than in Washington there are not many hotel choices in 20 miles in each direction. I was thankful to get one of the last 2 rooms available. There was no additional charge for my cat.

I staying in the second building on the side of the hotel away from the highway. There was no highway noise. Although I did notice that I could hear almost everthing in the hallway. Luckily my fellow quests were generally quiet people.

The bathroom was very modern and the hallway is very bright. It looks recently renovated.

In general housekeeping was ok. The carpet could use to be vacuumed more thoroughtly. I also had to look for my cat under the bed. I was thankful that I did not have to crawl under to get her as there were lots of dust bunnies.

There are many fast foom and quick style retaurants within walking distance of this property.

I hope you find this review helpful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I first want to say I am sorry that you experienced some issues while staying with us. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property and staying with us. Red Roof Inn’s goal is to ensure that each and every guest has an enjoyable and positive stay with us and we fail to meet those during your stay. I want to apologize for the carpet not being swept as well as it could have been. We value each and every guest’s comments about their stays with us. I hope the next time your in our area you will give us another chance to serve you better.
Reno
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I live at the RRI Mon-Fri for the past two months and the reason I keep coming back is the rooms are simple but clean, and to me that is the most important. Usually these more simple hotel are noisey, not not this one in Wasington, PA. Yes the staff is also nice. If I could ask one thing is for better towels, I bring my own.

Room Tip: I have been on both sides top and bottom and I keep coming back to the first floor facing the highwa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We have been renovating our rooms and working hard to upgrade the quality of our property. Thank you for noticing and we look forward to your continued loyalty.
BRANTFORD
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in one of the units which had been recently renovated. Modern & Clean. Everything clean and room was nice & bright.
Quieter than last year. Non smoking room.
Staff were friendly.
Only downfall...construction workers/painters wore dirty boots in the corridors and stairwells.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. No comparison to the year before.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive response. Our staff has been working diligently at upgrading our property and it is nice to see that it is being noticed from guests such as yourself. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Inwood WV
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights (July 20-21st, 2012) and I have to state I was quite disappointed after arrival. I reserved a SUPERIOR KING ROOM SMOKING room, which is supposed to be there BEST room. Upon entering the room, I was hit in the face with a musty odor which is not good since the musty odor normally comes from mold/mildew and I am highly allergic to both.

Next... as I am looking around, this Superior King room gives you a very tiny bathroom where you cannot even place anything around the sink for getting ready the next day, and no extra dressing area. The so called closet was a 12:" rod in between 2 panels, the tiny microwave and dorm size refrigerator were stacked on top of one another. Both myself and my friend went back to the front office and stated "no way can we stay in that room." Since the reservation was already paid, they placed us downstairs in a STANDARD KING ROOM.

In the standard king room there is more space to hang your clothes, you have a large dressing area. The bad part is that the room is tiny (I can't tell you how many times I bumped my legs), and the bathroom has a toilet and bathtub shoved into an area that is smaller than my bedroom closet at home. You can sit on the toilet and shower at the same time (fun huh?). lastly, the air conditioner is noisy and if you want maid service, you must ask for it when you stay multiple nights.

Other than that ~ this was my worst hotel stay ever!

Room Tip: Take nose plugs when you stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margie B
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying at our inn and taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very sorry about the inconveniences that you encountered while you were at my inn. Our goal is to ensure each of our guests has an exceptional stay. We take all of our guest comments very seriously. We read them, learn from them, and use them to better serve our guests. Once again thank you for sharing your comments with us we look forward to using them to make our guests stay that much better. I hope that you decide to give Red Roof Inn another try so that we can show you that your experience was an exception.

Travelers are raving about these Washington hotels