“Thankful to have a place to sleep”

Red Roof Inn Washington
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
“Thankful to have a place to sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was on a long road trip with my cat. Other than in Washington there are not many hotel choices in 20 miles in each direction. I was thankful to get one of the last 2 rooms available. There was no additional charge for my cat.

I staying in the second building on the side of the hotel away from the highway. There was no highway noise. Although I did notice that I could hear almost everthing in the hallway. Luckily my fellow quests were generally quiet people.

The bathroom was very modern and the hallway is very bright. It looks recently renovated.

In general housekeeping was ok. The carpet could use to be vacuumed more thoroughtly. I also had to look for my cat under the bed. I was thankful that I did not have to crawl under to get her as there were lots of dust bunnies.

There are many fast foom and quick style retaurants within walking distance of this property.

I hope you find this review helpful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I first want to say I am sorry that you experienced some issues while staying with us. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property and staying with us. Red Roof Inn’s goal is to ensure that each and every guest has an enjoyable and positive stay with us and we fail to meet those during your stay. I want to apologize for the carpet not being swept as well as it could have been. We value each and every guest’s comments about their stays with us. I hope the next time your in our area you will give us another chance to serve you better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reno
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I live at the RRI Mon-Fri for the past two months and the reason I keep coming back is the rooms are simple but clean, and to me that is the most important. Usually these more simple hotel are noisey, not not this one in Wasington, PA. Yes the staff is also nice. If I could ask one thing is for better towels, I bring my own.

Room Tip: I have been on both sides top and bottom and I keep coming back to the first floor facing the highwa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We have been renovating our rooms and working hard to upgrade the quality of our property. Thank you for noticing and we look forward to your continued loyalty.
BRANTFORD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in one of the units which had been recently renovated. Modern & Clean. Everything clean and room was nice & bright.
Quieter than last year. Non smoking room.
Staff were friendly.
Only downfall...construction workers/painters wore dirty boots in the corridors and stairwells.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. No comparison to the year before.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive response. Our staff has been working diligently at upgrading our property and it is nice to see that it is being noticed from guests such as yourself. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Inwood WV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights (July 20-21st, 2012) and I have to state I was quite disappointed after arrival. I reserved a SUPERIOR KING ROOM SMOKING room, which is supposed to be there BEST room. Upon entering the room, I was hit in the face with a musty odor which is not good since the musty odor normally comes from mold/mildew and I am highly allergic to both.

Next... as I am looking around, this Superior King room gives you a very tiny bathroom where you cannot even place anything around the sink for getting ready the next day, and no extra dressing area. The so called closet was a 12:" rod in between 2 panels, the tiny microwave and dorm size refrigerator were stacked on top of one another. Both myself and my friend went back to the front office and stated "no way can we stay in that room." Since the reservation was already paid, they placed us downstairs in a STANDARD KING ROOM.

In the standard king room there is more space to hang your clothes, you have a large dressing area. The bad part is that the room is tiny (I can't tell you how many times I bumped my legs), and the bathroom has a toilet and bathtub shoved into an area that is smaller than my bedroom closet at home. You can sit on the toilet and shower at the same time (fun huh?). lastly, the air conditioner is noisy and if you want maid service, you must ask for it when you stay multiple nights.

Other than that ~ this was my worst hotel stay ever!

Room Tip: Take nose plugs when you stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margie B
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying at our inn and taking the time to write a review of our property. I am very sorry about the inconveniences that you encountered while you were at my inn. Our goal is to ensure each of our guests has an exceptional stay. We take all of our guest comments very seriously. We read them, learn from them, and use them to better serve our guests. Once again thank you for sharing your comments with us we look forward to using them to make our guests stay that much better. I hope that you decide to give Red Roof Inn another try so that we can show you that your experience was an exception.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Woke up in the morning to at least 21 bed bug bites on my face, hands and arms. One engorged bug was crawling on my pillow when I woke up, found another on the blanket. Another one 'fell' from the ceiling into the sink as I was washing my face. Stay away!!!

Room Tip: Stay Away!!! See pictures of bed bugs on beds in the room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cj w
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
I want to apologize for the problems you had during your stay with us. Bed Bugs have become a major problem accross the United States. According to the Bed Bug Facts and Statistics nearly one in every five american is living with them. Americans are modifying their behaviors to minimize their risk of coming in contact such as: removing all bed sheets and inspecting the mattress and boxsprings as well as the air conditioning units, traveling with preventative supplies, leaving luggage up off the floor, As a hotel manager we do monthly inspections of rooms. However our inspections are only as good as that moment that we did it in. The hard truth is you can't ask your guests if they have encountered them before. Please know at anytime, my staff here is trained to throw back blankets and lift box springs to give you the peace of mind to stay here. There is no way a hotel could guarantee with all the inspections in the world that you wouldn't encounter them. We did have that room treated immediately after you informed us of the problem. Again my apologies for your inconvenience and we hope that you when in the area again you would give us the chance to earn back your trust.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

The rooms were clean the staff was friendly my father and I had a nice time chatting with Teresa and Maria very pleasant to be around very laid back environment exterior building looks great with the new paint!

• Stayed October 2012
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. We have been working hard to upgrade the property beginning with the exterior. It is also nice that our staff made you feel welcome. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Washington, PA.
Hampshire, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

When you’re out late on the road, anywhere to stay is welcome. But if there was a choice, The Red Roof Inn in Washington, PA, would not be on the list.
We stayed one night and paid $85.73 including taxes for a smoking room – the only one left. The basics were OK: the room was clean and the internet connected well. But the price was high for a place which didn’t provide a coffee/tea maker in the bedroom. I thought this was a bad mistake.

Worse, there was not even a “continental breakfast.” We travel a lot and this was the first time in the USA when not even a paltry breakfast was on offer. Terrible!
The staff were fine and in some ways a big effort had been made. But no breakfast? Come on...

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother with the Red Roof as for the prices they charge you can do much, much better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I am glad to hear that the room was clean and our internet worked well. I do apologize for the rate, however you will find that we are rates are very competitive in our area with the same ammenities. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again.