“G Family friendly.”

Red Roof Inn Washington
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Washington
“G Family friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

the best staff and rooms in washington,pa i wont stay anywere else while im in town and its perfect sleeping for a SGT in the united states army and i want to thank darlene and maria GREAT JOB! countinue with the great service

• Stayed October 2012
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your stay at our Red Roof Inn in Washington, PA. I as very happy to hear that Darlene and Maria provided you with outstanding customer service. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

When we call and need rooms Maria,sue, and Darlene always make sure we get what we ask for the best they can very convenient mattresses could be better but we love it here thats why we have been coming here for years

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for the kind response. Providing great customer service is something that we take great pride in and I am glad that Maria, Sue and Darlene have met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inns.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

My roommate and I have been here working in the the area for a while front desk very nice all of them Sue,Maria,Kathy,Darlene,and Teresa maintenance man Luke helps us out all the time with things that need done went as far as shampoo our carpet just a nice staff building kinda old TV could be upgraded but everything else can't complain

• Stayed October 2012
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you very much for nice comments. It is nice to hear positive comments about my staff. They do try to make our guests stay a positive experience. Thanks again for your response and we appreciate your continued loyalty.
Lebanon, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Having limited options in this area for a CLC room, we decided to check out this hotel BEFORE we made a reservation. Reviews here on TA were so opposite, we wanted to see for ourselves. Now we know ...

You can see the painters on the exterior, so we figured at least there is something going to on here.

We walked into the office, which is tucked under the stairs at one end of a building, leaves and debris were everywhere, yet it was the late afternoon. Looked like it hadn't been swept in days ... Gal at the desk shoved another bite of food into her mouth before she greeted us, still chewing .... hmmmm....

She gave us a key to walk up those stairs and check out a "Standard" room. The stairs smelled like cat spray, the carpet in the hall & room was filthy, the beds are the old style (no boxspring?) that sit on the floor and low to the ground, old well-worn out years ago polyester bedspreads, so we just did an about-face and returned the key.

Replies were - CLC gets the "standard" room, our "Deluxe" rooms start at $89 a night.

Our reply "No thanks - we'll keep driving." Granted other rooms in this town are $129 and UP, but they are the brand we are familiar with and know will be CLEAN, not nasty, COMFORTABLE, not dumps.

We'll stay in Monroeville and drive the 90 miles .... neither the Red Roof Inn nor $149 a night is worth it ... to us.

Room Tip: There isn't one - unless the property cleanliness is not important to you either!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Candace R
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I first want to say I am sorry that you experienced some issues while staying with us. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. As you stated, we are in the process of our renovation. At the current time we are working on the exterior and will shortly be followed by the interior. I hope that you will give us another try as I am sure the renovation will greatly improve our overall image.
Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Recently stayed here and didn't like it one bit. The new look and decor one finds at most Red Roof Inns has not reached this hotel. At more than $90 for a night I found the hotel very poor. The reception at the front desk was not very friendly, the room looked very worn with loose wall paper, worn old beds, dark and nasty. The "free wifi" which was so broadly advertised was spotty at best and I could hardly use it on any device I brought. All in all I did sleep there but I was very quick to check out in the morning. I was really sorry that I did not take the time to check the hotel up on TripAdvisor, before deciding to stay there. As my experience with Red Roof in general has been very positive so far, I mistakenly assumed it would be okay. To their defense I should say the bathroom was kind of okay and the room did have a fridge and a Microwave but no way did it make up for the overall feeling that this room was way overpriced and all together quite nasty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bonairetraveller
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time post a response. We sincerely apologize for the condition of our property. We are diligently working to try and improve the quality and appearance. We have just begun a renovation that will improve these areas of concern. As a previous guest of Red Roof Inns, we would appreciate it if you would give us a chance to prove to you that this was an exception and not the rule. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.
in or between Athens, OH and Albuquerque, NM
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel brought back memories of traveling in the 80s, you know when hotels were not expected to all be nice.

The front desk isn't even faux-friendly, I don't know if that's honesty or ennui of working in this dump. I never met the cleaning staff, I'm not sure if they have one though. The room smelled like an ashtray, the carpet felt like greasy hair when you walked on it, there were dirty left over towels from the previous guests in the shower, and there was barely any toilet paper in the bathroom. On top of that, not only did my computer catch a virus when I used their the wireless, but so did I from the room.

We should have checked out immediately like the last reviewer did; it would have saved me from being on antibiotics for a week!

Look down the street, there are many other hotels which can't possibly be this bad!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TBOU1
I would like to thank you for staying at our Red Roof Inn and sincerely apologize for the problems you experience while you were here. We do realize that our property is a little dated, but we have begun the process of renovating the interior and the exterior of our property. I think you will find our newly designed property to be much more appealing. We are also in the process of upgrading our Wi-Fi to make for a faster and more reliable system. Thank you again and we hope you will give us the chance to provide you with a stay that is truely enjoyable.
Hamburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I ever checked into . . . and checked out of 5 minutes later! The room was supposedly a king room - yes there was a king size bed but it took over the entire room such that the tiny table hung over the bed and you had to slide under the table to reach the head of the bed. I pulled down the bedspread which was not even covering the pillows and the sheets looked rumpled and slept in. One light turned on with about a 20 watt bulb, but the other light wasn't even working. I ran out before even checking the bathroom. The only plus was that the office clerk was willing to cancel the room charge and even asked If I would like another sort of room. No thanks! I had seen enough. Even if the room had appeared cleaner, I wouldn't have stayed there because it was so musty.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank annemHamburg
i0048, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I first want to say I am sorry that you experienced some issues while at our property. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. Red Roof Inn’s goal is to ensure that each and every guest has an enjoyable and positive stay with us and we fail to meet those during your stay. We will be undergoing an extensive renovation both on the interior and exterior. We value your comments about your stay and are working hard to earn a second chance.