“UNREASONABLE CHARGE FOR CLEANING” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Washington

Ramada Washington
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Morgantown, West Virginia
“UNREASONABLE CHARGE FOR CLEANING”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel and my spouse got sick and vomited on the bed and carpet. We were charged an additional $100.00 for cleaning the room. I could accept the charges if there were damages, but nothing was damaged, only extra time to do the cleaning. I feel the charges were totally unfair. Sickness and accidents happen.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LUV2CRUZ811

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

...and I regret not bringing a camera! After a drive up a steep, twisting, narrow drive, guests are cheerfully greeted by planters full off fake, plastic flowers that aren't even in season. The lobby has a smoky odor even though a "No smoking in the lobby" sign is clearly posted, and the inn is dated and dark. The clerks were pleasant upon check-in, and our reservation stated that an "upgraded" room had been reserved. There are no elevators at this hotel, and we had to carry our luggage up to the second floor. The ONLY good thing about our room was that it was clean and had no bad odor. The furniture appeared to be from the 1970's, very dated, scratched and scuffed up. The bathroom was UGLY. The tub/shower was mauve pink with pink tile coming away from the wall around the tub faucet. The shower head, that they rave about, had heavy mineral buildup. The toilet was pink with a white seat and the wallpaper resembled contact paper. The vanity surface appeared to be covered by wallpaper. The beds were clean and comfortable. That was the only redeeming quality of the room. Safety was a concern, as we discovered all entrances/exits were open around the clock with no key needed to access them. The second floor hallway fire doors were left open as they clearly state to keep them closed for safety. Hotel guests on our floor were running around and very loud the majority of the first night. It sounded like they were pounding on our door at some point, and other colleagues experienced this same issue. There was some confusion upon checkout, as they tried to check us out of a different room and collect payment from us even though our company had booked and paid for the room. If you are looking for a pleasant getaway, I would stay elsewhere. If you are a business traveler and have the luxury of choosing where you stay, I would stay elsewhere. I feel my company overpaid for my accommodations, and I am still unclear as to what exactly about my stay was an "upgrade".

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dizney-deb
Lexington, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

They advertise plush beds but they are your average run of the mill beds and so is everything else here. A little bit old and dated. I would stay again if the price was right. I stayed at the Hampton while in Washington and the difference in rates were not that much. That being said the quality between the 2 was definitely different in the Hampton Inns favor.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mattcoker
Guelph, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

This hotel is very basic. When you walk in the front lobby you think "wow, this doesn't look too bad". But when you get to your room reality kicks in. Our room was huge but it was a tad out-dated and a bit smokey. It's not as bad as some of the other reviews but it may depend on which room you get. For a qucik one-night stop-over it does the job but if your stay is 2 nights or longer you may want to book elsewhere. They charge $2 bucks for breakfast in the morning and the offerings are pretty sad - i don't recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shake_N_Bake_13
Mantua, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

This place appeared to be decent and conveniently located upon arrival. It went downhill quickly beginning with the check-in clerk, who may have been on the job for about a day, to the room, or I should say rooms until I found one where wi-fi would connect and then only marginally. Housekeeping apparently doesn't move the chairs to sweep as the corners were quite dirty. There is a charge for a continental breakfast that is standard fare and free at 99% of other hotels. This place is in desperate need of updating, with an old, central air-conditioning system that takes a very long time to cool the room. Obviously the last time at this place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
St. Petersburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

First time going through Washington, Pa. Just driving through and we were looking for a decent place to sleep for a decent price. This looked nice, sitting up on the hill, much better than the place down below so we decided to give it a chance. Walked into the room and there was a slight smokey smell, but we were all starving so we just dropped our luggage and left. When we returned we began to notice the stench was getting stronger and eventually I had to take an allergy pill because my eyes were watering and my chest felt a little tight (I have a slight case of bronchitis at times). My family and I decided to stick it out since it was only 1 night, but my wife and I both woke up around 5am because the smell of old cigarette smoke was pretty bad. We laid in bed until the sun came up and then packed as soon as we could and got out of there. I thought a non-smoking room would be non-smoking, but these rooms have not been updated since they were originally built and the cigarette smoke is just baked into the wallpaper, flooring and ceiling. I asked another person as we were leaving if they noticed the smell and they agreed. I would have spent twice the money ($65/nt) to get a "real non-smoking" room. I just want people who are sensitive to smoke to avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

My husband and I visit family in the area quite often and have stayed at many of the hotels near the Ramada. This was the first time we tried the Ramada and we found it to be a good value for the money. We were not interested in trying the bar or restauant so I cannot speak to the negative reviews on that. However, we had a very nice no smoking king bed room. The bed was comfortable with lots of good pillows. It had a refridgerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, iron and board. The room was clean and decorated better than most of the equally (lower end) priced hotels we have stayed in for our weekend visits. Sure, there are better more expensive hotels in the area that we have tried. But we got a very good price here and we were very satisfied with our room and ammenities.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple