“The stay was average for the area. had to take a smoking...”
Review of Ramada Washington

Ramada Washington
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Washington
York
“The stay was average for the area. had to take a smoking...”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The stay was average for the area. had to take a smoking room, all other
rooms taken, by gas well personnel. continental breakfast should start earlier. Most occupants were gone before the 0700 hr. breakfast. the
continental breakfast could be improved. My last stay (Hampton Inn) had
a much better selection.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Mary S, Manager at Ramada Washington, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Joseph A.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Ramada - Washington, PA. We are pleased to learn that you were very satisfied with our staff knowledge and service as well as the cleanliness and amenities of your guestroom. Your comments regarding our breakfast service will be discussed at our team meetings. Please call in advance for your next stay and we will be sure to reserve a non-smoking room. Also, please enroll in Wyndham Rewards, our guest loyalty program that allows you to earn points for your stays and redeem them for hotel stays, gift cards, and much more. We appreciate your feedback, we use all comments as a tool to improve our service. Thank you for your business and until your next stay we wish you safe travels!

Warm regards,
Mary S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here mid October, in town for a wedding. I guess this place would be best described as a motel. As other reviewers have mention here the facility is used as long term housing for employees of the oil industry. They get cozy here, as indicated by the two lawn chairs and a cooler parked out in from of the room next to us.
Be warned that the walls are paper thin.. which didn't make me happy considering we arrived at near 4am after a drive through the PA Turnpike in the pouring rain. As we were trying to go to sleep you could hear people talking (upstairs or behind us, i'm not sure) and you could also hear someone running up and down the staircase. Made sleep pretty tough. You can also hear what i only assumed was house cleaning pushing a cart back and forth in front of your door at about 7 am, so.. again making sleep difficult.
Also, oddly, in a non-smoking room out bathroom smelled exactly like smoke. I'm assuming that the room behind us or above us was a smoking one because you could smell smoke every time you went in there.
Not the greatest place, but not horrible either. The room was ok bed was comfortable....but there were hardly any convenient outlets to be found. And the WiFi is basicially missing in action so i would count on using it at all.
The guy working the counter at 4am when we arrived was super nice! So at least there's that...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary S, Manager at Ramada Washington, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear DanniB,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I apologize for your inconvenience with noisy neighbors and neighbors smoking in non-smoking areas/rooms. Our WIFI service provider offers 24/7 technical assistance - our service log does not indicate any service issues or calls on that date. I do apologize for your difficulties, please call us directly for your next reservation and we will be sure to place you in a quiet area of the hotel. You will also then enjoy our new charging ports - accepting both standard & USB cords. Thank you for your business & your feedback, it is appreciated.

Warm Regards & Safe Travels,
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here on Oct. 4-6 while attending Homecoming Weekend at Waynesburg University with my former college roommate.. My first stay was in January, 1970, with my Dad when we first went to look at then Waynesburg College. At various times over the years my parents or myself stayed here and we always enjoyed it. This time they gave us a room on the second floor in the area accessible from the front door. We really appreciated having this convenience and the room was lovely, with updated furniture and amenities. Everyone was so friendly and attentive. I really feel a connection with this hotel and definitely hope to stay here again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor in the area adjacent to the lobby.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Alan E.,

Thank you for posting your 5-star review of our Ramada - Washington, PA. We are very gratified to learn of our loyal guests positive experiences with Ramada - Washington, PA. We have been hard at work renovating our hotel for the enjoyment of our guests and thank you for noticing and acknowledging our many improvements, including guestroom furnishings and amenities such as Flat Screen TV. We hope your travels will soon bring you back for another sentimental journey to Waynesburg University and to our Hotel. We very much appreciate your continued business and will do our very best to continue to earn your loyalty. Until we see you again we wish you safe and enjoyable travels!

Warm regards,

Mary S>
Breckenridge
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed at numerous Ramda Inn throughout the United States. My stay at the Washington, PA Ramada Inn on W Chesternut has made me question that decision. They told us that two of the companies I am affiliated with to leave because they had booked our rooms. They said we had not made prior arrangements to extend our stay. One of the companies has spent 1.4 million on rooms at this hotel in the past 1 1/2 years and was going to spend that amount again. We spoke to the owner and she said she would stand behind her hotel management and that we had to give up our rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Mary S, Manager at Ramada Washington, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Rusti B.,

I am sorry that your company made the error of not booking your hotel rooms for the complete length of your stay. The complete story is that we had each and every one of the hotel rooms booked by your company available for the complete length of stay reserved by the company. Of course, by the time your company realized their error and wanted to reserve additional nights the rooms were unavailable, as they were already reserved and committed to other incoming guests. That is what hotels across the world do - reserve their available rooms for incoming guests. We didn't ask you to "give up your rooms" - we said that due to 100% occupancy it was simply not possible to extend the check-out date already specified by your company. It was not a matter of how much money you did or did not spend - although that is also a matter in which we do not agree. I understand that you were inconvenienced - but you are putting responsibility on the wrong party. I do appreciate the ability to respond with "the rest of the story."

Best regards,

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Worse Motel I have ever stayed in ever and will not stay there again! I stay in motels all over the country for work purposes and never one this bad EVER!!!
Had items taken from our room by staff, as did others, and only about half were friendly.
Just wish more people would get on here and tell there story so people can see what this place really is!!

Room Tip: Stay some where else!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dennis W.,

I'm sorry you were dissatisfied during your over 3-month stay at our hotel. However, I respectfully disagree with the statements you have posted. I think the fact that you stayed with us for over 3 months speaks for itself. I must also point out that your company is the same that also complained earlier about being "forced to leave" when in fact your length of stay was not correctly reserved by your company. Thank you for the ability to respond once again with "the rest of the story."

Best regards,
Sykesville
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Rooms were very clean, free breakfast was ok (I have had better at the Days Inn in NY and DC), very loud all night long with doors slamming, people talking inside hallways and outside bedroom window in parking lot (lack of respect for other guest), neighbors alarm went off 7 times so we didn't get any sleep. we had a non smioking room but smelled smoke coming through our bathroom vent. We got full size beds instead of queen but were compensated 15% for our experience. First time we stayed there we had no issues at all. We booked another date so I am hoping our experience will be like out first night stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Mary S, Manager at Ramada Washington, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Diane M.,

Thank you for sharing your review of our Ramada - Washington, PA. I am so very sorry that other inconsiderate guests made your visit less than completely enjoyable. In the future, please don't hesitate to contact Guest Services to report noise or other issues. Our Guest Services or Security Staff would quickly correct the situation to your satisfaction. Thank you for the positive comments regarding cleanliness, furnishings and our friendly, knowledgeable staff - your review will be shared with all team members. We look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to provide you with an excellent hospitality experience as on your prior stays. Until then, thank you for your business, your review, and the opportunity to respond - it is appreciated.

Safe travels!