“Weekend Stay”

Ramada Washington
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
There are newer reviews for Ramada Washington

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was old and poorly kept up. Cold air poured in through the door which opened to the outdoors. The knob was off the heater so it was impossible to change the temperature in the room. The hotel lobby was very smoky.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I got this room as an express deal on Priceline for $72 + taxes and fees.
The gentleman at the front desk was very nice, and the lobby is very pretty. It's close to the highway. There are restaurants and stores within walking distance.
That's where the good comments end unfortunately. I'm so dissappointed.
I have stayed at Ramada's before and they were nothing like this place.

I checked in at 4:30pm.The first room I was checked into, was not even cleaned by housekeeping, and the room smelled terribly musty.
The beds were torn apart and the bed linens were all lying on the floor.
The nice gentleman working the front desk apologized and gave me another room.

My newly assigned room is clean but smells really bad and musty!
There is a mini-fridge and a microwave, flatscreen tv and free wifi.
The rooms really need work. There is no electric outlet near the table to plug in your laptop.

The smell is overpowering. I even went to a local store and bought Febreeze. It didn't help...

I should have paid $30 more & could have stayed at a 3 star near the Racetrack & Casino.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have stayed here twice which is twice too many but for both times I have had trouble with reservations. The pretty entrance you see on the internet smells the minute you enter. The rooms smell wrose -old, musty, and nasty. I shared my rooms with a colony of ants!!! None of the furniture items had been swept under (any further then the sweeper would reach) NASTY everywhere. A hugh amount of the pipeline crew stay here and they are here for an extended period of time so there are beer bottles everywhere. If you happen to get "stuck" on poolside be ready for pool parties of foul langage, screaming and hollering until pool closes then it just moves to the party room at the end of the building. The "advertised" restaurant is only open when it chooses. Don't depend on it. I will NEVER stay here agin. I feel "nasty" even after a shower. I would stay in my car and shower at a truck stop before staying here again!!!!! I would advise anyone - Not a Place to Stay!!!!

Room Tip: You do NOT want a "Poolside" room until the pipeline crew leaves!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MaryW396
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We chose this hotel because of a positive experience with another Ramada Inn nearby. It advertised a restaurant on-site - a great convenience when you have travelled a long distance.
However, we found out that the restaurant was closed on Sunday evenings and we would also be charged for continental breakfast. Since we were tired, we decided to check in - big mistake! The first room we were assigned was at the farthest end of the building - old-fashioned type with glass window and a door next to it, all on ground level. There was a dreadfully musty smell in the room (smoking? lack of airing??) We called the front desk and asked for another room. We were given another - exactly the same type - very dated decor and features - bed looked clean. We went out for a meal since the restaurant was closed. After a dreadful meal (!), we got back to the room which was now quite cold. The thermostat was inoperable, so I called the front desk - he told me the hotel was quite old and that the thermostats often didn't work. He offered to come down to look at it "if he had time" but when I told him he was no help, he agreed. As a result we called another neighbouring motel, got a room, and checked out of the Ramada. The night manager was not authorised to give us a refund but he gave us the business card of the manager. After a couple of days of calling, I reached her and she had already processed a refund. That was the only positive aspect of our stay. The difference between the description of the rooms on their website and actuality is astounding!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This hotel wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was pretty clean and comfortable big clean bathroom and flat screen TV in the room with tons of channels. The lobby smells of smoke and my assumption is due to the heavy contractor and construction workers I saw staying there. They have motel and hotel style rooms, we stayed in one of the rooms that were inside. It has the Ramada name but it's no Ramada trust me. It also was pretty convenient, right of the highway, with food and shopping really close. Our room didn’t smell like smoke but it was near a entry door so we did get some noise but it was tolerable. I was a two night stay for a business trip and over I would say that it met our needs. Beds were comfortable as well. Not bad at all. Keep in mind it's only a two star hotel. Only complaint I had was that that towels were clean but they had stains on them. If you can get this hotel/motel for a good price it's worth it.

Room Tip: Don't expect much it's reall a motel with hotel name.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Prince_Oochie
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I was travelling with my wife and kids, and paid $83 some dollars for one night. Checked in on 30th of December. One of the top worst hotels I have ever stayed. There is a Days Inn along the same I-79 route at Fancy Gap, VA, which is at par with this hotel, but this has somethings special which you will not find in other rotten cheap hotels.
When you about to enter, check out the rotten steel structure which hotel management thinks is "enterance". Lobby carpet will give you a good idea that General Grant slept on it during his Civil War campaign. Wooden structures resembles those buildings of Yellow stone national park which were built century ago around Old Faithful. I got room # 137. Please dont take it. It is for handicapped people, which I am sure they would never use as it has fittings so old and rusty that special people would fall down while holding them. Cold air was coming in from behind the curtains probably because AC is not properly duct. Due to this, Heater was turning on and off so frequently that we were not able to sleep till 3:30 am. Wall papers will remind you of Francis Ford Cupola's era. It is a good place if you want to get a peek of history at a village fair cheap kiosk. Please dont stay there.

Room Tip: If you are paying $85-$100, go for some spg property (Four points, aLoft etc)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family