Days Inn Washington
$114
$119
$103
Country Inn
Candlewood Suites Washington North(Washington)(Great Value!)
$89
$102
$97
$111
$102
$121
Comfort Inn & Suites(Washington)(Great Value!)
$114
All reviewshunting tripbasic continental breakfastvery nice place to staycomfortable bedsmini fridgeinternetaccommodationshighwaypittsburgh
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I have been experiencing a downturn in quality at Days Inn hotels the past several years. After my prior stay at a Days Inn in Richmond, VA earlier that trip - I was extremely nervous about this place.

The hotel was average - not as bad as a lot of the reviews state. The room I was in had some neat vaulted ceilings, and the bathrooms were through some upgrades with newer tub, counters, tile, etc. It was a pleasant suprise.

I slept like a rock that night at the hotel - best nights sleep I had the entire 8 days I was on the road this biz trip.

The breakfast was average, too, but it was ample enough to get a quick bowl of cereal before heading over to Wheeling to work that morning. The hotel is literally a hop/skip/jump to restautrants, including Taco Bell and Bob Evans.

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FunnyFisher
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Having driven all day and already tried 2 motels, which were completely booked,, we ended up here. First impression of the stairwell made my skin crawl, it was dirty and looked as if up keep on it was a second thought. The room itself is large enough, we had 2 queen size beds. Bathroom had been updated with granite marble; however, there were still tidbits of previous tenants in the past. Luckily, I always bring my Lysol wipes!! Room had flat screen tv, darkening curtains so morning sunlight did not greet us. Bed linens were clean and carpet appeared clean, I was hesitant to take my shoes off. Would not stay here again but it worked for us in a pinch.

I hope the owners read the reviews and speak to their cleaning staff but after reading earlier reviews once we got here it does not appear that they have taken notice of the how first impression are lasting impressions. Apparently, they are preying on weary travelers who will probably not pass though here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Stayed there many of times, only because I had situations with my house and I'm local. If I could of stayed in another hotel I would of but they were sold out. I have 2 young children and very much hated taking them there. The floors were dirty, mildew in bathtub and both faucets,toilets were not properly clean,dust and hair on EVERYTHING and their blankets NEVER get washed, just take a close look and you'll see. I literally kept my children off the floor, on the bed and only used the sheets to sleep!!! Basically there wasn't one clean item in the whole hotel. I would never reccomend this hotel to anyone. THIS PLACE NEEDS REMODELED, SOLD, AND A GOOD CLEANING CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Called ahead to tell them we'd be quite late. They really could not have cared less and let me know it in their tone of voice and terseness. Did not save us a King room as we had reserved. After hours checkin is outside. Luckily it was not freezing. Our ground floor room had a sliding glass door that did not lock properly. We were exhausted so we just pushed some furniture in front of it so we would hear if anyone came in. Did not do anything more here than go into the room, sleep, shower, wake up, check out, and leave. Shower was fine. Bed was comfy. Staff leave something to be desired. No conditioner, though there was shampoo. I'd stay there again, but only for a great price. On another note, my husband was amused that the "Busy Beaver" is located across the street. Apparently another hotel??

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Dirty Dirty Dirty are the best three words to describe this place.

From the reception area, to the hallways, the rooms, to the scary vending area, to the breakfast room, it was a hugh maze of disappointment.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple