“Greasy spoon!”

Waffle House
Ranked #94 of 169 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I wish they would cook with healthier ingredients, like butter instead of margarine, or good oils instead of hydrogenated oils. Also the cooks or waitresses, need to wear gloves when handling food, & not touch everything with the same gloves, but change each time necessary. All in all, the varieties on the menu are good. We enjoyed our breakfast, but because of the types of oils used, caused heartburn.

There are newer reviews for Waffle House

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Do they have a broom in this place? The floor definitely needed sweeping, both behind the counter and in the seating area but the counter top where I sat was clean and the waitress was so obsessed with cleaning I was splashed with water while she cleaned something in the sink. I suggest that you do not sit at the counter!

Anyway my eggs were pretty good and with hash browns, toast and coffee for $5.04 I can't complain. Very inexpensive.

The Waffle House is known for their waffles, which are pretty good. This store was almost empty at 615 am but I suspect it gets busy on the weekend.

Hopefully they can clean it.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I enjoy stopping there for a quick waffle before or after we visit The Meadowlands! The staff is very pleasant and helpful!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Since my friend and I didn't know where the restaurants were around our hotel, and it was getting late, we opted for quick and easy and ate at the Waffle House. While I noticed some pretty awful reviews here about this place, we had no problems whatsoever. None. Friendly service, FAST!!!, and no grossly noticeable uncleanliness, although it did have a typical borderline dingy appearance (as do most Waffle House's I've eaten in). My friend ordered a sandwich, and I ordered eggs, hash browns and toast. We couldn't believe how fast it came out, and they were pretty busy when we were there. And it was all cooked properly. So I can only assume it depends on when you eat there, and who you get for cook and/or waitress, because we were happy with the food and the service. Not 5 star dining to be sure, but c'mon, it's Waffle House.

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This had to be one of the most disgusting places. I went with one of my best friends and his girlfriend. We waited 20 minutes in a filthy and disgusting atmosphere. The waitress never even came over to ask us what we wanted to drink. We left unhappy and repulsed. Don't waste your time for garbage!

1  Thank Christopher W