“YUM!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Kitzmiller, Maryland
“YUM!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

The best time of course is when the light is on! Fresh hot doughnuts. We always stop by for breakfast and they have a nice selection of fresh doughnuts-if you have never stopped you are missing out-Yum!

Visited January 2014

Morrow, Ohio
“Warm doughnuts, so so good!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Krispy Kreme was right by the SpringHill Suites where we stayed so when the red light was on at Krispy Kreme we could smell the delicious smell of doughnuts being made. You can't beat a warm Krispy Kreme doughnut anytime during the day

Visited September 2013
York, Pennsylvania
“Great Hot Donuts, Management needs some help”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My family and I LOVE hot krispy kreme donuts, but the closet one we have is a two hour drive. So, we RARELY get to enjoy them. In my opinion the donuts aren't that special cold, but when they are hot, no other cold donut compares...and I'm sorry, but the microwave is a poor excuse for an alternative!
We stopped by this particular store because we were heading to Beaver Falls for a wedding, it was an hour out of our way, but being that close and us heading in on National Talk Like a Pirate Day, we had to stop!
They were giving away a free dozen for every individual that dressed as a pirate. I called two days in advance to make sure we had every requirement straight. I called corporate headquarters and the store we were actually travelling to.
We were excited to find out we would get 4 dozen donuts for free! (we have 4 people in our family, two children, and my oldest was VERY excited to get her own dozen. When we are paying customers, we usually buy AT LEAST 2 dozen at a time, like I said...we have none near us!).
We went out and spent about as much as we would for one dozen donuts on our pirate costumes for the family, and then drove over 3 hours in our costumes to the krispy kreme in Washington, PA.
When we arrived we were disappointed to find that they were not running hot donuts, so when they handed us two boxes of cold ones, I told them not to worry about giving us any now, we'd be back later. They insisted we take them and then just still come back later. I wasn't concerned too much, since we were supposed to get 4 dozen anyways. So we gave the 2 dozen cold away.

We left and drove 40 minutes back out of our way to stop when they were hot...at this point in the evening the atmosphere and the mood of the employees was different, not as friendly and more frustrated.
We were given 1 dozen hot, so we sat down and ate them, since they were busy, and when we were ready to leave, I went up and asked for our last dozen.
The MANAGER got really snippy with me and said she wasn't giving us any more, and said about how we were in earlier..yada yada... so when I tried to explain to her that we had 4 people dressed up, and were told we would get 4 dozen, and had driven way out of our way just to come, had paid for our costumes, AND tried to give back the first 2 we were given, she ignored every word I said, wouldn't look me in the eye and just walked away while I was in the middle of talking!
I am not the type of person that gets in ANYONE'S face EVER, I was very calm and reasonable, aside from the fact that I get nervous when faced with confrontation. Her treating me like less than a human infuriated me, I kept my cool though and told her someone must have given me the wrong info, so I was going to call corporate, and asked who the manager was the day I called in.
At this point, we had gone through all our trouble for 1 dozen donuts...the same amount we paid for our costumes...WHO WOULDN'T BE FRUSTRATED?!
Companies do these kind of giveaways as a way to promote their company and products and bring in new costumers but also to keep their current paying customers happy...I don't understand what this manager thought she was gaining with her attitude?
I called the director of operations, Ken Christofos (I may be wrong on the spelling of his last name), and he was very reasonable and actually remembered me calling in a few days prior to the giveaway, he didn't want us to leave with a bad experience, especially considering the distance we traveled. In the end we ended up walking out with 4 dozen hot donuts thanks to him.
Honestly, I hated complaining about a giveaway, but you just don't treat customers like that, we weren't paying customers that day, but we are every other time. Especially when part of our inconvenience was due in part to the miscommunications amongst the staff.
Had I not contacted Ken, I would have rated this krispy kreme as a 1... I gave the long detailed review in hopes that when other managers check their ratings on trip advisor they know how to nip these problems in the bud. Unfortunately I see too many krispy kremes falling off the map, and I think this place has good potential, just a few issues with management need addressed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
UK
“Love KK :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've been visiting my hometown of Washington DC for the first time in a couple of years, and I was really happy to discover this location of Krispy Kreme. The staff were really friendly and patient while I decided on a selection box. They have pumpkin flavours at the moment which were nice (I preferred the pumpkin spice cake donut over the pumpkin cheesecake one). They offered a fresh donut hole while I was making my decision. I can recommend this for your donut fix if you're in the area.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank cakeinoz
“Donuts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

They have greag donuts. Really cool that you can see how they are made, kids love that. I like their sit down area, it very clean and modern.

• Visited July 2013