“Best gyros and sandwiches!”
Review of Mr Gyros

Mr Gyros
Ranked #33 of 169 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Definitely the best gyros I've had! They also have great sandwiches. The XO sandwich and Hercules are awesome. Try the XO with the tzitaki sauce. Not sure why it doesn't come with it but it really makes the sandwich! They also have god wings and fries. I would also like to try their grape leaves but haven't yet. I think their food is so good. I'm often put off by their service. Often times I order and its never done by the time I get there( even though I give them an extra 10-15min), sometimes they will forget my extra sauce or things I've ordered. So definitely check your order before you leave. I've never eaten in the restaurant and its not really a typical dine in place. Only a couple places to sit. The quality of food is really good and the owner treats you very well, the problem is the kids they have working there .. Working slow and not always getting it right. It's not enough for me to not return because it is so good but I hope they do something with the caliber of people they have working for them. Definitely come here for an outstanding gyro and other Greek food. They also serve other food like burgers and fish sandwiches that I heard are really good but I have never tried them but I've never been disappointed with a meal!

1  Thank Tricia3134
There are newer reviews for Mr Gyros

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This restaurant, under previous ownership, was fantastic. Friendly, excellent food, well-prepared. Tried it recently, and it has lost a lot of ground. Platters did not contain all the items specified on the menu. Falafel were like little flat rocks. Hummus was pasty and tasted only of garlic. Grape leaves had the stringy piece from the center of the leaf left in, and had to be removed from each one. Will not go back. Very sorry to lose such a favorite place.

1  Thank Laura Z
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was in Washington on business and didn't want to leave the hotel room. I had things delivered. Very quick, gracious clerk on the phone and delivery person. Very good food. I wasn't a huge fan of the stuffed grape leaves, but they weren't done poorly, just not to my tasted.

1  Thank PixieSaurus-Rex
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a small restaurant with indoor seating, but the excellence in service and the quality and quantity is definitely large. The people are very friendly and helpful. The menu is huge. The take-out service is excellent and speedy. The prices are reasonable. The food is out of this world. Try the French fries as they are superior. I took friends there, and they can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Donna M
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I used to order from this place at least once a week when it was under previous ownership. I tried it recently and it tasted like my falafel was frozen before they burned it. The hummus was store-bought. And my friend, trying it for the first time was extremely underwhelmed with the gyro meat. He believed it was frozen as well. It's a shame. This used to be my favorite restaurant with homemade authentic food. I will never eat here again.

1  Thank Ginger B