“Ladies Nite Out”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a small restaurant with indoor seating, but the excellence in service and the quality and quantity is definitely large. The people are very friendly and helpful. The menu is huge. The take-out service is excellent and speedy. The prices are reasonable. The food is out of this world. Try the French fries as they are superior. I took friends there, and they can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Donna M

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I used to order from this place at least once a week when it was under previous ownership. I tried it recently and it tasted like my falafel was frozen before they burned it. The hummus was store-bought. And my friend, trying it for the first time was extremely underwhelmed with the gyro meat. He believed it was frozen as well. It's a shame. This used to be my favorite restaurant with homemade authentic food. I will never eat here again.

1  Thank Ginger B
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is the real deal. They cut the meat directly off the spinning rotisserie. A must if you are a gyro fan and in the area. The regular gyro is stuffed with alot of meat and a great value for $6!!!

2  Thank raynj732
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Off the beaten path go find this little hole in the wall luncheonette type cafe. Nothing fancy looking. A family run and owned place with a real Greek cook turning out the real thing.
I enjoyed avgelamino (sp?) soup loaded with white meat chicken and rice...yummy, and a plate of pierogies (mashed potatos, grilled onions packaged in ravioli type envelopes.) My wife enjoyed a big falafel.
God bless the Greek people...they know how to cook!

1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Even though the friendly Greek couple who used to own it just retired, the new owner seems just as friendly and service-oriented, and the food hasn't changed. The old owners used to give us free baklava, cookies, watermelon, etc. every time we went just because we're college kids, and the new owner just gave us free ice cream. The food itself is classic, yummy greek dishes. Never disappointing & friendly employees.

1  Thank JasonLo101

Been to Mr Gyros? Share your experiences!