“Friendliest, best restaurant in Washington”
Review of Mr Gyros

Mr Gyros
Ranked #34 of 169 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Even though the friendly Greek couple who used to own it just retired, the new owner seems just as friendly and service-oriented, and the food hasn't changed. The old owners used to give us free baklava, cookies, watermelon, etc. every time we went just because we're college kids, and the new owner just gave us free ice cream. The food itself is classic, yummy greek dishes. Never disappointing & friendly employees.

1  Thank JasonLo101
There are newer reviews for Mr Gyros

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had already eaten lunch and was cruising through Washington on my way home (about an hour south) from working on the road, and I noticed Mr. Gyro's. I couldn't resist and went around the block, found a place in a parking spot in a lot right next to the place, and went in to get some take out for dinner later that night.

My review should be prefaced with that, as I did not eat fresh, though it probably would have been even better. It was still quite good 4 hours later though.

The place is nice, clean, and comfortable seating, though small. They had the Austrailian Open on a small flatscreen and a few reading materials laying around I think, for my wait. I ended up just looking over the menu while I waited though. There was a 3 gyro special for $15.90, and some combo specials on the board. I probably should have gotten one of the specials, as a gyro and falafel side to go was $10 with tax.

The gyro is pretty good. Certainly one of the biggest I've had anywhere. It was packed with meat. They don't skimp on the portions. The falafel was also good after a quick reheat, 15 seconds in the microwave and then two rounds in the toaster oven on toast setting. Very good texture, crisp crust and soft but not falling apart inside.

Mr. Gyro's gets my seal of approval, and I will certainly make it one of my regular stops when passing through Washington and hungry.

Cheers.

1  Thank mcgervey
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a no frill, no alcohol, greek food place that is excellent. The owners are from Greece and in this family owned establishment you will find the owner cooking and serving daily. Often grape leaves are being rolled by their parents. The spanikopita is among the best ever! I love this place!

1  Thank MsOrdeal
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My fiancé and I stopped for lunch today after my brother (who works in Washington) recommended it. BEST gyro I've ever had and I really think I could eat their tziki (sp?) sauce on anything. The service was great and the place is cozy and authentic. Prices reasonable for large portions.

1  Thank Meggymae
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Home town cooking like yiayia makes. Pleasant greeting and attention to your needs while you are there Dr. Peter J. Nikas

1  Thank katsanikas