“My favorite place in town!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Washington, Pennsylvania
“My favorite place in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

And the people there make it the best. Good food selection for vegetarians as well.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best thing in Washington for sure! Great place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

Not only was my gyro delicious and packed with lamb, but I also had the best customer service ever. The owner gave me 50 cents for the parking meter and treated me like family, bringing me cookies and stuff. I will be going back here for sure!

1 Thank Azerbaijan0
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“My Hometown Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I am from Washington and this is by far one of my favorite place to eat! The Gyros are amazing and the grape leaves with meat are WOW. Also they are the kindest family ever. When you walk in the door you feel like they are you long lost Greek Family. They treat everyone this way whether it is your first visit or your 100th visit!
Great People Amazing Food!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank CountBazel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big time food in a small package”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

We found the Mr. Gyros recommendation from Trip Advisor on a trip from D.C. To Dayton, OH, and tried it out. This was the best thing about our stayover in Washington, PA. The gyros were huge, the French fries were great, and the service was amazing! Since that visit we talk of stopping every time we make the trip.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Skplantz
Acadia National Park, Maine
“Nice,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

Mr. Gyros is a very small family owned restraunt in Washington. The curb apeal is terrible and has always turned me off, but a friend insisted I tried it. When I went inside it was very small maybe one or two booths thats all. It looked outdated but clean. I ordered two gyros and after 20 monutes of waiting it was ready. I realized they gave me one regular gyro and one chicken they messed up my order! I complained and they gave me my other gyro with no problem and let me keep the chicken one! They were a really sweet family. The gyros were loaded with meat(a lot of letace though) and tasted great!! It was a lot of money but worth it. They even put a bag a Greek cookies no charge! I will be back here!!!

• Visited June 2011