“Mandatory Stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Shorty's Lunch
Ranked #14 of 159 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Mandatory Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Shorty's is always a must stop at place when visiting the old hometown. Food and service are always the same, and I think former residents appreciate the restaurant the most. It's hard to sit there and not remember trips there from your youth with your parents and grandparents. I hope it never changes.

Visited September 2013

Venetia, Pennsylvania
“Best Hot Dog In the World!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Growing up in Washington, PA I had the unique pleasure of getting a Shorty's Hot Dog anytime. Now that I'm not in Washington I do not get a chance to go there as often as I did as a youngster. However, anytime I am in Washington that is the first place I go! The main store on Chestnut hasn't changed since its beginnings years and years ago. It is like stepping back in time. The counter is the same the seats are the same and the booths are the same as they were years and years ago. Greatest Hot Dog in the World!

Adairsville
“Not what I remembered”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having grown up in Washington, I have to get my "Shorty's fix whenever I am back in town. With so much to do in a short time, I was afraid I would miss my fix. We finally got there around 3PM on Sat. before Labor Day. I liked the location in the Washington Mall better (when it was open) because it was the same great food in a brighter setting. But saying that, our service was very good and things were clean. e were a little disappointed in the chili on the dogs this time. It seemed to be missing some of its "juice". Ours just had the seasond ground meat -which was good but not "the best". I thought it was just my childhood memories but my husband later admitted they weren't as good as the last time -but he didn't want to say anything for fear of destroying my memories. Maybe they were holding back on the sauce since they would be closing soon for a long weekend :( I'll try again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Battle Creek, Michigan
“A wonderful "Step Back in Time"!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I grew up in southwestern Pennsylvania in the small coal mining town of Marianna. Every 2 weeks would find us on a shopping trip to downtown Washington, Pa, the home of Shorty's restaurant. I am now quickly approaching my 70's (yikes!) .....during a nostalgic trip back to Pennsylvania for my high school reunion, I was able to visit Shorty's again! Much to my delight, it was exactly the same Shorty's I remembered from my childhood days! Those same old booths, the stools at the counter, the waitress calling out my order for "one with everything"....those hot dogs with the casing on....not a gourmet restaurant by any means, but one unlike the typical fast food chains we are all accustomed to nowadays. Shorty's is a gem from long ago that is well worth visiting!!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Best Hot Dogs Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stopped by Shorty's on a recent visit to Washington, We go everytime we are in Washington, this is a can't be missed iconic part of Washington with the best hot dogs ever. The Wolfdale location is nice, but you need to go to the original in Chestnut St in downtown Washington.

• Visited July 2013