“One of the best restaurants in town”
Review of Union Grill

Union Grill
Ranked #3 of 171 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I try to make a visit to Union Grill when ever I am in Western PA. The food and the service is always good. Friday night we had dinner to celebrate my Mom's 80th birthday and we were not disappointed. They have several classics on the menu, we started with the fried zucchini. It was cut in long strips and deep fried with a very light breading. It was crisp and juicy. Next up was their signature wedding soup, served piping hot with lots of veggies in a rich broth. I had the Union Grill strip steak that was cooked medium rare. It was very flavorful.
They serve a variety of SW PA favorites. You can't go wrong.

1  Thank Red d

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I were traveling and the hotel staff recommended Union Grill on Wheeling St in Washington,Pa. for a nice dinner.
We had one of the best meals ever!!! We sat at the bar to have a cocktail and then decided the bartender(James Brown) was so great that we would enjoy our dinner sitting right there. The dinners were just delicious...We live at the beach but took a chance on a seafood dinner,there in western Pa. Wow!! I thought I was at the beach,again.Everyone around us was so nice and so much fun that it just made our experience even greater. I hope we can be back one of these days. Thanks everyone!!

1  Thank Gail B
Reviewed November 10, 2013

While visiting our son during Family Weekend at Washington & Jefferson College, we were able to walk to this restaurant from campus. Great location, and a great meal at a great price. Our son was thrilled to have delicious steak dinner instead of cafeteria food. I had the spinach salad with hot bacon dressing, and it was fabulous.

1  Thank HollyTiley
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stopped here on the way home from a WVU football game. It has the feel of a New York Italian restaurant. The meals are terrific and the atmosphere is very comfortable. The staff attends to you as soon as you enter. The place was packed when we went in, but we got our meal in a timely manner. Recommend this to anyone

1  Thank Golfstoomuch
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a great unique place to eat, you have to check this place out. I will definitely be back in the near future.

1  Thank ccamerlin