“Best burrito in town!”
Review of Old Mexico of Washington - CLOSED

Old Mexico of Washington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been a customer of Old Mexico for years, and I have to say that I love this place. Anytime I come to Washington it is a must go. Their steak fajita burrito is amazing. It comes with a diced spicy pico salsa on top to give it a kick. Great value, and the new location cuts down on the wait time. I ate thre ths weekend and I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is my favorite place to have authentic Mexican food in Washington! We lived in Atlanta for 10 years and had our pick of Mexican restaurants on every corner. So, to find something close to the southern Mexican places that we were used to was great! They are very friendly and the food is ALWAYS delicious!!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

The country is littered with empty Walmarts that were abandoned for nearby Walmart Supercenter locations and Old Mexico was is one of those, destined to be forgotten unless you needed to go to the driver license center that was also in the same strip mall. But when the Evergreen Chinese Buffet bit the dust, Old Mexico moved a bit south into a MUCH better location and bigger building on Murtland Ave.
The decor was close to the old place only turned up a bit. We went on a weeknight and though the parking lot was crowded there was plenty of room (something that could not be said of the former location). The wife had a tamale and cheese enchiladas that were good and I had a combo that included a taco, enchilada and a great chile relleno. Sometimes they're made in a too-hot pepper rather than an authentic relleno but Old Mexico used the real deal. Outstanding with lots of cheese and the rice and refried beans were right in our wheelhouse. It was a bit too cold for a Dos Equis which would have made it perfect. We left more than full. The service was great, the people pleasant and the value outstanding. We often forgot about it being there when they were down on Oak Springs Road, but now that they're up on the "main drag" we'll be more likely to stop back again!

1  Thank Chris K
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was really hoping for a good margarita, but it was not to be. Same goes for the taco salad. The staff could not have been nicer, but the food was disappointing.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I ordered take out one evening and ended up with a meal that wasn't very good. We both ended up with frequent trips to the bathroom that evening, and the food wasn't very tasty. On the plus side, it was a very inexpensive meal, and the amount of food we received was an excellent value. Additionally, our takeout order was not ready on time, and I had to wait about ten minutes to receive. Not a place I would recommend unfortunately.

1  Thank Themilkmaann