“Nice, new hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husand and I stayed here when we were in town for a wedding. Great location near I-79 and the local mall. Lots of fast food and sit down restaurants plus gas stations and shops nearby. The mall has a movie theater too. Close to Tanger Outlets also. The hotel looked very new and clean. We did not eat the breakfast as the bride and groom had a brunch scheduled somewhere else. It looked decent - cereal, etc. I did get an e-mail that they've since added pancakes. We stayed in a jacuzzi room which was nice. I didn't like that the toilet area had no complete privacy. There is a door to the bathroom but then since there's a direct link to the jacuzzi which is in the bedroom there's a direct view of the bedroom from the toilet. I get why they did it so you could get out of the jacuzzi and go straight to the shower or bathroom but if we had been with a group and had people visiting the room it would have been awkward. Plus I really don't need to hear my husband going to the bathroom. Also I could hear people in other rooms - the child in another room woke me up with his screaming. I really wish hotels would put more soundproofing in. The people at the front desk were nice. The room had two TV screens but we never turned them on. We didn't use a lot of the amenities so it was hard to rate but from what I saw I liked it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelling_w2_kids
ComfortSuites485, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a positive review about your stay. As part of the new management team, I am very committed to our guests' satisfaction, and I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Comfort Inn and Suites. I'm also glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodation, and that you also appreciated the cleanliness of your room. Our staff works very hard around the clock to ensure that our guests stay in only the cleanest rooms to ensure their satisfaction. Once again, we appreciate the kind words and we look forward to your future stay.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Checked into what I thought was a suite but it was nowhere near that at all. After going back and forth with the front desk about what the room was missing, she moved us to another room. The new droom was literally sitting beside the highway. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose, but the hotel was not full and I'm sure there were better choices than this one. I've stayed in plenty of suites to know that this was not one of them. There was no separate sitting area as described in my reservation, the love seat added(mind you this was the only difference between this room and the previous one) was right next to one of the beds. For the price we paid I expected more. Now I know why Choice hotels are last on my list when making reservations. I should have stayed at a lower level hotel, at least I would know what to expect of the place. All I hear is 18 wheelers speeding down the highway. Don't get me wrong the decor in the room was nice but the room was definitely not a suite and should not be advertised as such.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank kilolo2011
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Easy check in, very friendly desk clerks and quite helpfull. Our room was clean and nicely decorated. TV and Internet worked great! Price was reasonable for area. Shopping and restruants are nearby, it was a little hard to find and get to but worth the effort.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hotel seems to have been recently remodeled as the decor is retro yet modern: big red chair with round ottaman in room, recessed lighting instead of lamps, colors of olive green, gold, red ... but very nicely done. Checkin was easy, room was very neat and clean. Carpet needs to be restretched but that's not a deal-breaker. King sized bed was very comforable as were the many pillows. Arrived to our room and the AC was on so room was comfortably cool and 2 chocolate chip cookies awaited us on the pillows. The desk was an excellent work station with lighting, spacious, internet, plugs, etc. Internet was fast fast. Bathroom was very spacious. Breakfast included boiled eggs, cereals, juices, eggs/sausage, muffins/pastries/toast, waffles, coffee/tea, yogurt. All nicely presented and tasty. Check was super fast. Steakhouse located across from property and the usual restuarants located down the hill. Convenient to I70.

Room Tip: We had corner room on 2nd floor that was a "long room" but felt very spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I booked a room for this hotel last second online. I checked in around 8 and had no problems. Got into my room (117) and it was the smallest hotel room i have ever been in. It was right off of the stairs and i could hear everytime somebody went up or down. In addition to this there was an odor of sorts when i arrived in the room. It wasnt a moldy smell but if was musty for sure. Upon checking out the lady at the front desk was friendly and when asked if everything went well she said she hoped so because last night there were so many problems. This tells me something about this hotel if not just me was unhappy. All in all i would never pay 130 a night for this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The room was very spacious and very clean. Even though the place was full, it was quiet once in our room. Parking was a bit of a problem. We arrived back to our room after 1am and there were not any spots, but front desk said they were fine with us parking the grass. Seemed like a very common occurence. Would definitely stay here again. Very close to the ball park, you could walk to the game if you wanted to.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2012

nice hotel, but the rooms are dark, even with all lights on the rooms are still dark. breakfast is the usual choice hotels , just don't disturb the hostess she's too busy reading the paper to get the coffee refilled.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple