“ok for Motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 Washington

Motel 6 Washington
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This location is somewhat perma-booked by an army of construction workers on location away from home, but I didn't mind that as they were all polite and friendly when I encountered them. However there were only 2 rooms left at 5:30 pm on a weeknight so be aware if you're a walk-in traveler needing a room. Also this location was about 10 dollars more per night than a lot of Motel 6's, possibly due to demand? I don't know, but this Motel 6 in general was very average, not bad but not awesome. Reasonably clean but beds were just average for comfort. The staff were friendly except for one front desk clerk who wasn't rude or anything, just not talkative at all. The other 2 front desk clerks that I encountered were great. The motel location is up a hill off the main road so it isn't too noisy, and all the construction workers were quiet after 9pm (not that they were loud anyway) and were up and out around 6:30am so that's a plus if you like it quiet. The wifi wasn't great in the evening, very slow, and I couldn't get any access after 9pm either (network overloaded?) but it worked fine in the morning. Also all the rooms were on one level with outside door access.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Were 'greeted' by one of the most unfriendly woman we've ever encountered at a motel reception. Can't believe they have someone like that at the front desk. Went to our room way at the back of the property, passing many, many worker trucks and barbques outside of rooms. Pulled up to our room and the guy next door was barbquing 2 feet from our door. Dogs and kids came out of 2 other rooms next to us. Must be a place where migrant workers live for long periods of time with their families. We were begrudingly given another room by Miss Friendly at the front desk as the one we were first given reeked of smoke. The room was moderately clean. No kleenex, no clock, no hairdryer, dirty looking towels but they were clean. Motel 6 is starting to lose it's appeal to us and we've stayed in a lot of Motel 6's. Plus they want you to pay for WiFi at this one. I would never stay here again. On a final note, the woman in the morning at the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spoiledwife1
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I stayed at this Motel 6 overnight after a Washington Wild Things game; was headed up to Wheeling the next morning for a church festival. I needed some place basic to stay the night. It was "clean and comfortable", like Motel 6 promises in their ads.....however it wasn't much more than that. The property shows its age, with steps up into most of the rooms.....you hardly see that anymore. I am glad I called central reservations and asked for a handicap unit, or I would have been in trouble (since I use a wheelchair). Also, the room itself was drab, with the walls painted stark white. I guess this was fine for a quick overnight stop.....but I wouldn't want to stay here multiple nights.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2010

The reception women was the rudest i have ever encountered in 30 years fo travelling
They ignore your email requests for months
Overcharge you and if you query it very nicely on arrival... she tells you "Take it or leave it" like a prison officer

I can't believe I paid $ 65 for this flee pit.
Dirty/Smelly room/filthy carpet

I put the table/chair in front of the door for security as the patrons were coming and going all night (drunk) & a bit scary.
I'm a very experience backpacker/Traveller and must warn you not to stay here

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank person99999
Reviewed April 7, 2010

First of all the rooms are noisy, although you're on the ground floor you can hear the neighbors noise, especially footsteps on both sides, as well as the adjacent wall for the room on the other side of the hotel row. Not to mention the neighbors. Seems like the type of motel where people stay long term as I noticed several lawn chairs and child play-seats right outside some doors, and lots of folks with dogs there! I had the worst bunch rooming next to me the entire weekend there. I drive back up to the room after being out during the morning, and find I can't even park in the spot I was in due to the fact the neighbors apparently invited over (guests) shall we say, whose cars took up most of the spots. There were so many people that their chairs were practically right in front of my hotel door, and I happened to look outside at one time to see someone sitting right on my window ledge outside. They stayed all day drinking and blaring ridiculously loud country music, to which they proceeded to drunkenly sing along, til it got too cold at night. Mind you this was repeated throughout the entire weekend. I noticed a day before they came, a similar clan further down the row, hanging outside the rooms and such. So if you intend to get some sleep without having to hear the next rooms tv program word for word, and footsteps sounding like a marching army, you might want to go somewhere else. This does not seem like a home away from home. Also they do not have wifi in the rooms, 'cept a handful, and you have to pay daily for it, and the window panes, at least mine, was not sealed so flies continuously crawled in. On a positive note the room was reasonably clean.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2009

This was my first experience with Motel 6. Perhaps as Motel 6's go, it was fine, but I am used to Holiday Inns, etc, which I find not that great - but this was awful. The sink drain was rusted out , the sink cabinet was made of rough 2x4's & plywood with the paint peeled off and the room was generally shabby and stained. The unit they gave me was isolated way at the back and the neighborhood felt unsafe. This is the first time I have ever put a chair under the door. I slept in my clothes and left at 5am just to get away from the place.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Jimmianne
Reviewed March 12, 2009

I had made a reservation well in advance for a room close to the office to ensure the security of the vehicle I was transporting. But after checking it wasn't long before I discovered the below window air conditioner/heater could wirl it's fan, but couldn't produce heat. The clerk reluctanty gave me a different room - this one with the stench of stale cirgarette smoke from the last guest, and a large roughly patched water leak in the ceiling. As is typical for Motel 6, the rooms are in a various state of wear and tear, most of it heavy. The mattresses are hard as a board and only a few local channels are available on the smallish TV. Motel 6 room doors that open to the outside (as opposed to an interior corridor) are less secure, but allow more convenient access to your vehicle - and the pizza delivery guy if that's your taste. I liked being close to my vehicle and I'm a 6' male not travelling with a woman or children.

How do you know you're at a Motel 6? You'll see small U-Haul vans and an old pickup drawing a horse trailer in the parking lot. And will be wakened at 6:30 by a rough cut crew of linemen clambering back in a mud encrusted work van (and you wondered why Motel 6's carpeting is typically soiled black.) In fact, you'll see an interesting cross section of the lower end of the social order, myself included I guess, on the move across America. A free extra for inveterate people watchers. Not so much for the insecure or the easily depressed.

Close to I-70/79 and an easy drive to the famed architect Franklin Lloyd Wright's designed house called "Falling Water". Like any Motel 6 be prepared to check out the room before settling in - you may want to ask to try another.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business