“Leave your money at the door”

The Meadows Racetrack and Casino
McMurray, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Leave your money at the door”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have been going to the Meadowlands Casino since it first opened and found the atmosphere and play favorable, up until last summer. Not sure what happened but the machines no longer allow for much play. Seems like if something is being given away.... Watch out because the machine play is horrible. Also found that the same patron names seem to be called for drawings... Coincidence? Or Rigged? I thought it was just me, but after talking to others as well as observing not so crowded weekends, something is wrong there. I heard there is going to be a campaign to woo people back.. Let's hope it will include loosening up the machines, as well as give better drink and food discounts.

Visited April 2014
15 Thank S A

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another enjoyable time @ the Meadows”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just a couple of hours on a Tuesday afternoon: watch a couple of horseraces, lunch in the food court, play a few slots. We didn't win this time, but that didn't prevent us from enjoying the atmosphere. When we do go to the Meadows for dinner, or happy hour, or live entertainment we are always satisfied

Visited March 2014
1 Thank bandbpeppers
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nothing to write home about.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I really enjoy visiting casinos and was super excited when I discovered we were staying within blocks of this one while visiting the Pittsburgh area. We ended up at the casino late on a Sunday and Monday night and I was thrilled with the lack of people in the place. No waiting on the machines I wanted to play and no issues with rude and obnoxious people. I really liked that aspect of the visit. Also, they have tons of new slots - many that I'd never played before - so that was another added bonus. On the flip side - their drink prices were stupid high. I'm used to complimentary drinks while gaming; so having to pay $4 for a beer from a cocktail waitress was way beyond my comfort level. And even though I personally enjoyed the lack of other patrons, it made me wonder why the place was so empty. Most casinos I visit have a pretty good crowd no matter what the day or time. After playing for a total of about 9 hours between the 2 nights and not hitting any remotely decent payouts (we're talking nothing beyond $20!!!), I think I solved the mystery of why the tumbleweeds were rolling through the place. I can't say I wouldn't visit again because I have a serious affection towards slot machines - but I wouldn't necessarily recommend the place either.

Visited February 2014
5 Thank Susan R
Greensboro, North Carolina
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Just OK for the less than hard-core gambler”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've been to The Meadows a few times now, and it's really just average. My one main disappointment is their lack of deals/specials. I sign up for every card/program/discount that I can find and I always use coupons. While I get a few things from the Meadows here and there, it's nothing that would make me go out of my way to visit.
The slots are what you would expect to find at a typical casino and it doesn't offer anything that other casinos can't give you. We've taken our girls to go bowling here a few times, and it's very expensive. They like the thrill of being able to be in the casino to bowl, but you pay for that thrill in the price of the games and shoes. The food is so-so and I can get a drink cheaper elsewhere. If you're in town and you really want to gamble, this place will fill that void in your life. If you're bored and just looking to kill time, perhaps a few hours here won't be totally wasted. Would I tell anyone that they have to go here or see this place while they're in town? That's a big "Nope"

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jenn S
Pittsburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“It smells like smoke!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I am very disappointed with this casino. The entire casino smells like smoke! Many people smoke even in the areas that are clearly stated nonsmoking. I had to keep asking employees to tell people to stop smoking in nonsmoking areas. They need to do something about this issue. It is not fair to people who don't smoke. I have the right to enjoy the casino and not have people blowing smoke in my face.

Visited March 2014