“Nothing to write home about.”

The Meadows Racetrack and Casino
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I really enjoy visiting casinos and was super excited when I discovered we were staying within blocks of this one while visiting the Pittsburgh area. We ended up at the casino late on a Sunday and Monday night and I was thrilled with the lack of people in the place. No waiting on the machines I wanted to play and no issues with rude and obnoxious people. I really liked that aspect of the visit. Also, they have tons of new slots - many that I'd never played before - so that was another added bonus. On the flip side - their drink prices were stupid high. I'm used to complimentary drinks while gaming; so having to pay $4 for a beer from a cocktail waitress was way beyond my comfort level. And even though I personally enjoyed the lack of other patrons, it made me wonder why the place was so empty. Most casinos I visit have a pretty good crowd no matter what the day or time. After playing for a total of about 9 hours between the 2 nights and not hitting any remotely decent payouts (we're talking nothing beyond $20!!!), I think I solved the mystery of why the tumbleweeds were rolling through the place. I can't say I wouldn't visit again because I have a serious affection towards slot machines - but I wouldn't necessarily recommend the place either.

5  Thank Susan R

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've been to The Meadows a few times now, and it's really just average. My one main disappointment is their lack of deals/specials. I sign up for every card/program/discount that I can find and I always use coupons. While I get a few things from the Meadows here and there, it's nothing that would make me go out of my way to visit.
The slots are what you would expect to find at a typical casino and it doesn't offer anything that other casinos can't give you. We've taken our girls to go bowling here a few times, and it's very expensive. They like the thrill of being able to be in the casino to bowl, but you pay for that thrill in the price of the games and shoes. The food is so-so and I can get a drink cheaper elsewhere. If you're in town and you really want to gamble, this place will fill that void in your life. If you're bored and just looking to kill time, perhaps a few hours here won't be totally wasted. Would I tell anyone that they have to go here or see this place while they're in town? That's a big "Nope"

1  Thank Jenn S
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I am very disappointed with this casino. The entire casino smells like smoke! Many people smoke even in the areas that are clearly stated nonsmoking. I had to keep asking employees to tell people to stop smoking in nonsmoking areas. They need to do something about this issue. It is not fair to people who don't smoke. I have the right to enjoy the casino and not have people blowing smoke in my face.

2  Thank kt17sunshine
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Meadows is a fun atmosphere and always has a lot going on from live music to harness racing on the track. The restaurants are excellent and if your there and want some thing basic to eat I recommend the pizza in the food court. There are so many slots and table games to choose from you will always find something to play and if not hang out at 1 of there 3 bars. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

It is a very nice casino. Many different slots and they do also have tables.
We did not win anything, but did not lose much either, Drinks were not very good and they are not free! Food options are very good.

1  Thank Lorrie W