“Just OK for the less than hard-core gambler”

The Meadows Racetrack and Casino
Greensboro, North Carolina
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Just OK for the less than hard-core gambler”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've been to The Meadows a few times now, and it's really just average. My one main disappointment is their lack of deals/specials. I sign up for every card/program/discount that I can find and I always use coupons. While I get a few things from the Meadows here and there, it's nothing that would make me go out of my way to visit.
The slots are what you would expect to find at a typical casino and it doesn't offer anything that other casinos can't give you. We've taken our girls to go bowling here a few times, and it's very expensive. They like the thrill of being able to be in the casino to bowl, but you pay for that thrill in the price of the games and shoes. The food is so-so and I can get a drink cheaper elsewhere. If you're in town and you really want to gamble, this place will fill that void in your life. If you're bored and just looking to kill time, perhaps a few hours here won't be totally wasted. Would I tell anyone that they have to go here or see this place while they're in town? That's a big "Nope"

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jenn S

Pittsburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“It smells like smoke!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I am very disappointed with this casino. The entire casino smells like smoke! Many people smoke even in the areas that are clearly stated nonsmoking. I had to keep asking employees to tell people to stop smoking in nonsmoking areas. They need to do something about this issue. It is not fair to people who don't smoke. I have the right to enjoy the casino and not have people blowing smoke in my face.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank kt17sunshine
Washington, Pennsylvania
“casino/racetrack”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Meadows is a fun atmosphere and always has a lot going on from live music to harness racing on the track. The restaurants are excellent and if your there and want some thing basic to eat I recommend the pizza in the food court. There are so many slots and table games to choose from you will always find something to play and if not hang out at 1 of there 3 bars. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited March 2014
Pleasureville, Kentucky, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Casino”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

It is a very nice casino. Many different slots and they do also have tables.
We did not win anything, but did not lose much either, Drinks were not very good and they are not free! Food options are very good.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lorrie W
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Slots, you will lose, go elsewhere”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I play video slots at the Meadows twice a week, we are done, the payout is terrible. We have found another casino, after three visits there was a noticeable difference in payout. When we started playing at the Meadows the payout was ok, we don't expect to win, we want to spend a half day or more and be entertained. Something changed in the past year +. So no problem, we are gone. The Meadows slogan is let's have some fun, this place is no fun.

I realize the Meadows could care less what we think. A few other issues, the casino is not clean, the machines are NEVER cleaned, I saw a woman pull her own cleaning products out to clean the machine. Cups sit empty on top of the slots for hours. The attitude of the employees is not good, they aren't happy and it shows. Smoke, the entire casino smells of smoke, the non smoking area is surrounded by smoking. The fast food court is also dirty.

This morning the local paper reported Meadows slot revenue down nearly 8% last year. I wonder why! Do yourself a favor, go anywhere else, it will be better

Visited December 2013