“Pretty Place”

Palazzo 1837 Ristorante
Ranked #8 of 167 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Palazzo 1837 Ristorante is the area's premier Italian dining experience. Located south of Pittsburgh in Washington, PA, Palazzo 1837 specializes in old-fashioned Northern and Southern Italian dishes - steaks, seafood, pasta, chicken, and veal. Nestled against the hillside on the historic Quail Acres Estate, the warm and welcoming atmosphere of this early 19th century, Palladian-style mansion showcases an old world charm. Visit our rustic Tavern 1837 featuring an antique marble bar, classic German and Belgian draught selections, an array of Pre-Prohibition era Specialty Drinks, and an exceptional wine list.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Away from suburban Pittsburgh it's a little hard to find but the food is worth it. Also, the converted old house is quite attractive. As the sun sets the outdoor lights come on and illuminate the alfresco dining area and it all makes for a nice atmosphere. The food is good and we all enjoyed the dining experience except for our server. Will not out her name but made us feel like we were a nuisance. She did not really want to be there. Too bad as I would return but steer clear of her. She forgot to place one of our orders so that persons food was late but I must say the manager more than made up for the mistake. She knew what to do to retain customers. So I must say go and try it. It is quite unique for southwestern Pennsylvania.

There are newer reviews for Palazzo 1837 Ristorante

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This restaurant has good specials and an interesting menu, but the food can be quite expensive. I believe my Steak Salad was 18.00. Granted, it did have fresh USDA Steak cut and laid on top of my greens, but it wasn't worth the 18.00 I paid. I probably won't be back for quite some time.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

8 of us ate at Palazzo and not one of us had a good meal. The waitress was clueless and seemed to have no idea what was going on. One of our group got his food 15 minutes after the rest of us. Our food was obviously not fresh and had been reheated in the microwave, over seasoned to try and disguise the age, and was inedible.

Diavolo is a red cream sauce but mine tasted like old tomato paste. The bread wasn't even fresh.

The dessert was stale. The place is not clean, dirty baseboards and bathrooms and chairs. To top it off this horrible experience cost us $400 and not one of the owners got back to me when I called and complained.

Save your money, this place is a mess.

1  Thank R J D
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I had dined at Palazzo's twice before and were pleased with the experience. Tonight we were very disappointed. We were seated in the first room to the left as you come in the door. We suffered through an hour of wait staff going in and out of the door to the porch, which also had seating. Their constant footsteps on the wooden floors (which shook the whole room) was so distracting! I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea, which tasted like it was 50% lemon juice. My husband had water. His water glass was empty most of the time (the waitress came back once to fill it). I could not drink my Long Island because it was so tart. I had Shrimp and Scallops, which was mediocre, and my husband had the pork ribs, which were very good. When the waitress left the bill, she did so in a hurry, not asking how our meal was or giving us a chance to comment (same thing when she returned the bill for a signature). We left feeling that we were not valued as customers. We left a 15% tip, which we NEVER do. We definitely will not be back.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Wow, we were just passing through on our road trip home and stayed over nearby. So glad we found this place. Amazing food and drinks. I had the veal parm which was fork tender. Speciality drinks were delicious. My wife is already trying to duplicate the concoctions. Wish they were closer....it would be a regular!