“Surprisingly delicious”

Solomon's Seafood
Ranked #18 of 179 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 31, 2016

My company recently hosted a staff meeting at Solomon's. It was chosen only by reviews. The reviews were right. I was originally concerned about the freshness of the seafood due to a landlocked area with no access to fresh seafood. However, everythign that our party tried received compliments. The Shrimp and Corn Fritters were a hugh hit - large pieces of shrimp, sweet corn and a spicy dipping sauce. The Crab Bisque was some of the best that I have ever had. The chunks of crab were huge. The bisque was traditional with a very rich flavor. My entree was the Lobster Mac and Cheese - better than some of the restaurants I've visited in the Northeast US - it had a very rich lobster taste which I can only assume came from using the stock from the lobsters. The owner let us re-arrange the tables which was very nice to make our meeting easier. The wine selection although extensive, did not feature any local wine and the sangria that our party wanted wasn't available. Washington, PA does not look like much, but Solomon's is a gem and worth a trip. GPS lead us astray the 1st time around, keep your eyes open - go past the PNC.

1  Thank Diane S

Reviewed July 27, 2016

Ok heres what you been waiting for.I finally made it out to eat at Solomons Seafood in Washington Pa. Man was it good..Everything from the food and the service..the place was nice and cozy too..I felt like I was back in Myrtle Beach again.I had the fried seafood platter.The portions were huge and I took home a nice doggy bag..( for me..dog didnt get any..hee hee ) The breading is unique and the taste was delisous..My friend had surf an turf.The portions looked big..Yes..I did ask him for a bite..yummy yummy..( my next choice when I return ).Folks..from the entre to the side dishes everything was scumptious.I highly reccomend Solomons for a great night out..PS..the tables are arranged apart from each other you have lots of room to have some privacy.not cramed in..So..Dont go by..Give Solomons a Try..Prices good too!

Reviewed July 26, 2016

Best seafood around, generous portions and great wait staff Food also for non seafood lovers, especially steak

Reviewed June 30, 2016

Hungry for seafood and decided to give Solomon's Seafood a try. First visit. Appearance of building and surrounding area not impressive. We questioned whether to go in but had heard good things about the food so decided to have dinner. Plenty of convenient parking very close to the entrance. When we entered we were not particularly impressed with the décor. Very "plain Jane" with a touch of the nautical (sort of) look. We were seated immediately and greeted by our waitress very quickly. What was listed as a "new item" on the menu was baked haddock. We both ordered that with a dinner salad. Salad was good but not exceptional. However...the haddock was VERY good! We would both order it again. All in all, we had a pleasant dinner in a not so impressive, not overly expensive, quiet atmosphere. We will go there again and recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

A very pleasant nautical theme, spacious interior with dark blue walls, white trim and decorated with fish, oars, nets and other fishing gear. The server was very friendly and attentive. There are a couple of steaks and burgers, but the menu is primarily seafood and fish. I had the hand breaded jumbo shrimp, very tasty and served with a couple of side dishes. My Mom had the shrimp scampi, which she enjoyed, but said it could have used a little more garlic.

1  Thank Veronica S

Been to Solomon's Seafood? Share your experiences!