“Disapointed”

Good for: Kids, Families with children
Birmingham, Alabama
“Disapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I hate it when a good restaurant goes bad. Was disappointed w/the change in food: flavor, quality etc....Service was very slow. My mother has gone several times for lunch with friend for lunch & said it's not what it used to be. Please bring back the old staff & cooks.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Deb596

Bel Air, Maryland
“Good choice for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Tried Solomon's for a late lunch on a Saturday with three others. Found the dining room about 75% empty. Not surprising given the time of day.
We were promptly seated and given menus for lunch and dinner. We all went with the lunch menu selecting various soups, salads, sides and fish sandwiches. Everything was delivered to our table in very short order and exactly to our order.
While everything was quite good, the premium fish sandwich and the lobster mac and cheese were excellent.
No problems with the food, service or prices. Definitely worth a second visit whenever we return to the area.

• Visited October 2013
Washington, PA
“eat out often”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family goes to Solomons any where from 1 to 2 times a week and find both the food and the service great.They have a broad menu and we have never had anything but excellant food. The clam chowder is the best and their fried cod sandwich is the best around. We have recommended Solomon to many folks and they all make it a point to thank us.

• Visited May 2013
Ellsworth, Pennsylvania
“Meeting friends for dinner before going to a play”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

The restaurant looked extremely nice from the outside, and the parking lot was adeqaute. The hostess was very pleasant, and we were seated immediately. We ordered from a menu of numerous selections. We waited a good while for our food, but there were six of us so we thought that they were preparing our food as ordered, so we waited patiently. Two of us ordered the special which was listed on the board as we entered. There was no prices listed on the board. Finally the food came, and it looked very appetizing; however looks were deceiving as the food was nearly cold to taste. We didn't have time to send it back to be reheated so we just ate it. When the check came, we were appalled at the price as it was extremely high for the small amount of food that we had received. This was because of the inflated price of the specials, so my advice is to have plenty of time when you go there, and to definitely ask what the price of the specials is before you order. I was very disappointed since I was the one who suggested the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Donna M
Scenery Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Horrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

When the bus girl gets your drinks and apologizes for your waitress, you know you're in for a bad night,
The waitress was so horrible, she walked away as my friend was placing an order to talk to another waitress, only to come back and tell us how busy she was, ignored my boyfriend's repeated request for drink refills, and threw my to go box on my plate of food. And no, I didn't take it home after that!
I tipped the busgirl, and left the waitress a nickle, which was 5 cents more than she was worth!
Oh, and the food was cold, but I would attribute that to "Gloria". Avoid her and you might have a decent experience.

Visited November 2012