“Ok, Hotel needs updating” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Washington

SpringHill Suites Washington
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Washington
gman305
“Ok, Hotel needs updating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our third stay at this property over the years. The lobby has been updated, but the room we were in is showing its age. The hotel is a popular spot to stop for travelers. This time, and previous visits it was at capacity. The breakfast had lots of choices, but no one to replenish supplies. We asked the front desk for them to find someone to get more batter for the waffle machine and syrup. No luck. A person eventually come, but it was too late. The location is very good. Near a Walmart and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Washington, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
gman305,
We appreciate your patronage and review of SpringHill Suites Washington. Your feedback regarding breakfast service is important in our attempts to continue to improve as a hotel and provide phenomenal experiences to all of our guests. We value you as our guest and do hope you join us again and allow us to demonstrate just that. Thank you once again for writing.

Katrina Leavitt, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Edinburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband I were taking a day trip to the Meadows Casino and Racetrack. We decided at the last minute to stay the night. While there were hotels closer to the casino this one was located only 5 miles away and conveniently located next to all the restaurants, and shopping. I was asked if I had AAA and I did, but I did not have my card. They took me at my word and gave me the discount. The staff was very nice and the room was extremely clean. Warning...Krispy Kreme is right outside in walking distance for fresh doughnuts. Beware the fresh doughnut sign will make you go in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pjwilliams69
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Washington, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
pjwilliams69,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while visiting the Meadows Casino and Racetrack, and we’re glad to hear you had a pleasant stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you’re in the area. Thank you again for writing

Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Pleasantly pleased with our stay. The hotel is really close to Rt 70 but there was not a lot of traffic noise. The desk and cleaning staff were very gracious and helpful. Breakfast was provided in a clean and pleasant room. The studio suite was a adequately sized so one did not feel cramped. I have already recommended to family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Washington, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
GeneseeOhio,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Washington. I’m pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations with our convenient location, helpful staff, and clean accommodations. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your travels, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing and sharing your recommendations of our great hotel.

Bracebridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am writing this review from the room at Spring Hill. We are traveling back to Canada, and this stop of our journey was the only one I had not booked ahead of time. This was the first hotel off the interstate that we encountered. Front desk staff person was warm and welcoming (and keeping in mind that I had been tent camping for six days, I was not looking my best, it was especially nice to not be judged by appearances). The complementary laundry supplies was a very appreciated gesture. The room was spendier than other places we have stayed but the room was well appointed, nicely decorated and the extra services, like laundry and vending, were appreciated.
My only complaint was with the pull out sofa. Fortunately I did not need to use it because when I started to pull off the cushions, it was gross with crumbs, old food bits and who knows what else - ewwww!!! I was not expecting that at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Washington, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
MikerCath,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Washington. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be warm and welcoming. I appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the condition of the pull out sofa. I have addressed this issue with our housekeeping staff to heighten the awareness of such issues and improve our guest experience. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Worcester,UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for 10 nights whilst working shifts in a coal mine
Plusses
- helpful front desk
- very good maintenance guy
- great location for restaurants - Applebee's, Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, Fusion Steak House all with in walking distance
Minus
- rooms are cleaned in the morning only and no exceptions. Strange as a lot of shift workers (especially drillers) were staying

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank globalminer
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Washington, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
globalminer,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We're glad you stayed with us and appreciate your business. I'm happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful, and I hope they were able to add a little to your comfort. Thanks again for writing. We hope to see you again soon.
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

If you need to travel to the area this hotel is right in the middle of a great number of restaurants. Hotel is clean, rooms have a bit of a throwback feel but modern also, comfortable beds. I was nervous getting to my room because while in the hall the room next toe was very loud, but once inside I could not hear them so it appears it has nice thick insulated dividing walls.

Nice little workout room with dumbells, pool and whirlpool available also. Free breakfast from 6-9 although I'm a big Cracker Barrel guy and you can walk from there.

No complaints, great stay.

• Stayed March 2013
OhioGuy34,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you staying with us, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased to know that you liked our clean, comfortable rooms and had a quiet visit. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll stop and visit us again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We arrived after midnight on our way to Myrtle Beach so we didn't get a chance to enjoy the entire hotel. THe staff were amazing when we arrived. I called ahead to ask them to pull down and make the pull out sofa for our children and they did so which was very helpful. When we arrived with small children we just had to pick up our key and go to sleep. THe pull out wash't very comfortable but was well enough to get a few hours of rest.
THe breakfast station was great and staff were so friendly.
Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DeborahLovell,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review. We're glad to hear that you and your family had a nice stay with us. I'm pleased to know that our staff was helpful with your needs as well as welcoming to your and your family. Please plan to visit us again the next time you're in Washington, PA. Thanks again.