“Perfectly Placed for Activities”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed December 3, 2013

GREAT location, conveniently sandwiched between the Tanger Outlets and the Meadows casino. Staff was pleasant and helpful (needed a toothbrush; they don't even sell them in the market, just have complimentary ones) and the bathroom was really cool. The only reason I didn't give this hotel five stars is because there weren't any pay-per-view movies, although I'm told by folks in the business that usually properties closer to city center are the ones that have movies on demand. I will definitely be staying here again and I highly recommend it if you're in the area to shop or gamble. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Candolina,
We appreciate your review and high recommendations of Courtyard Washington. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and found our great location and helpful staff to meet your satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us so we thank you again for writing. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight coming back to Ontario from South Carolina. We were very pleased with the friendly staff and the clean and comfortable hotel room. It is more expensive than others in the area but we feel it was money well spent. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Nadine L,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Washington on your travels from South Carolina back to Ontario. We're happy to have been a part of your trip, and we're glad you enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future. Thank you once again for your great review.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

As a business traveler, I have stayed at many many hotels. What stood out for me at this hotel was the professionalism and sincere kindness of the young blond-haired woman that took my order and served breakfast for me each morning. Always smiling. Always happy. Always professional. I wish I had gotten her name so I could mention it here but she truly is an exemplary employee at your hotel. The hotel itself was clean and nice. Actually booking another stay in the next week. Happy to be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

todda3014,
Thank you for writing a review about your Courtyard Washington experience. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while traveling on business, and we're pleased to hear that our staff's excellence in service made for an enjoyable stay. I look forward to sharing your complimentary feedback with our team as they strive daily to exceed guest expectations. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I approached the front desk to check in about 4 pm. I was the only customer and the phone was not ringing. The young man behind the desk looked up briefly from his computer and grunted at me. I didn't say a word because he seemed so intent on his computer work. After 4 or 5 minutes, a young woman went behind the counter and asked him if she could help--he quickly declined her offer as I continued to stand there, waiting to check in. Maybe I offended him when I checked my watch and realized that 11 minutes had passed, but he didn't really look at me. He called out to the woman and said with much impatience in his voice, "Can you help HER?" The young woman return to the counter, the two exchanged some kind of knowing look, and she said, ID please. The only other thing she asked was why I was in Washington. It was my first opportunity to speak a word and I froze...what was she accusing me off? Was I at the wrong hotel? Did I do something wrong? I finally mutter, just passing through. She didn't even bother to listen to my answer...just shoved the key at me. I figured out how to get to the room myself and it was spacious and clean. I've stayed at hundreds of hotels in the last few years so first thing I did was check for bed bugs...and found no sign of them. Whew! The room was delightful and I so wanted to like this Courtyard, but I felt so unwelcome that I was not comfortable staying there. I went back to the lobby later and the young man had a line of people waiting to check in but he was busy demonstrating something on the computer to a colleague. In the early evening I again past through the lobby and realized that the young man not only recognized me but was avoiding all eye contact with me...totally avoidance. I walked up to him and gave him my best smile and asked him what his name was. NICK was very proud to give me his name...guess he thought I wanted to reward him for his service to me. I hunted for ice water that's put out in every other Courtyard I've stayed in or the all day coffee...but here was none. What I usually see as a warm, inviting cafe was by now just a cold, sterile food service place. I have never been made to feel so unwanted as a guest as Nick made me feel. Not only don't I want to stay here again, I have found myself avoiding all Courtyards. I can earn the same rewards with the Hilton chains as the Marriott chains and they have never made me feel unwelcome. It's been over a month now and I thought I'd forget about it...but you can tell by this review that Nick's attitude has left me not ever wanting to go back to this or any other Courtyard. A simple "hello, welcome, I'll be with you in just a moment" at the beginning of my 15 minute check-in would have completely changed my review.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TravMuch
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

TravMuch,
Thank you for writing. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay and service you’ve come to expect from us. We value your business and your loyalty to our brand. Please know that your comments have been addressed with our team and additional steps were taken to ensure we're doing all we can to serve our guests. We do hope you'll consider staying with us again. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Fantastic rooms and welcoming large lobby. Bar was great and the lady working there was extremely helpful and pleasant. We had our U14 youth hockey team there and they couldn't have been more welcoming.
Extremely clean. Modern rooms. Cable TV with channel menu (surprisingly rare in hotels). Excellent pool. Easy in/out from I-79. Plenty of parking. Quick registration and check-out.
I am a Marriott Gold Elite member, and this was a great hotel. Comfort and convenience is always worth a few extra bucks.
Forgot to mention the fantastic patio with fire pit. Great place to relax with an expansive view.

Room Tip: Get a high floor (5th). Or at least ask to stay away from wedding parties that come in late. Altho...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dble_Inc_Two_Kids,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Washington for your U14 youth hockey team's hotel accommodations. We're glad you found our property, amenities, and services well suited for your team's travel needs. We appreciate your business and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The room was clean and fresh and the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff made checking in and out very easy! The lobby area is attractive and well maintained. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Mary Ann S,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback about our excellent hotel. It's great to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our helpful staff and clean accommodations to meet your satisfaction. We hope to see you again soon at Courtyard Washington. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We picked this hotel based on their website. It was also the closest property, directly at the Outlet Center. The prices were higher than I normally pay for this type of hotel, but we enjoyed the ambiance and the hot tub was very nice. We had a one bedroom king Suite and it was larger than expected. I would suggest that you purchase the breakfast option if you book online. It is only $10 which allows you to order breakfast for 2 adults and 1 child. Otherwise you are likely going to spend $30 if you were order and pay for breakfast. I am looking forward to our next shopping trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

IvyLeagueBaseball,

We’re happy to hear from you and glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Courtyard Washington, PA hotel. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your shopping trip. I’m pleased to hear that our comfortable accommodations, friendly staff and hot tub were well suited for your travels. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for more shopping fun.

John Sherman