“Outlet Shopping”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Canada
“Outlet Shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We picked this hotel based on their website. It was also the closest property, directly at the Outlet Center. The prices were higher than I normally pay for this type of hotel, but we enjoyed the ambiance and the hot tub was very nice. We had a one bedroom king Suite and it was larger than expected. I would suggest that you purchase the breakfast option if you book online. It is only $10 which allows you to order breakfast for 2 adults and 1 child. Otherwise you are likely going to spend $30 if you were order and pay for breakfast. I am looking forward to our next shopping trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
IvyLeagueBaseball,

We’re happy to hear from you and glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Courtyard Washington, PA hotel. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your shopping trip. I’m pleased to hear that our comfortable accommodations, friendly staff and hot tub were well suited for your travels. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for more shopping fun.

John Sherman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel had all that we were looking for - cleanliness, comfort, quiet location, attentive staff and complimentary morning coffee in the lobby. In addition, they had some other perks - the Barista/Bar which was a wonderful alternative to going out for a little snack or drink, a really nice inner lobby area with a workstation for business folks and a big screen TV with plenty of sofas and chairs for everyone else. But my favorite "extra" here was the outdoor fire-pit area. I am an early riser, so with coffee and book in hand I stretched out on the outdoor sofa and enjoyed the morning sun and a marvelous view of the rolling hills. Very relaxing. Wonderful hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
wendyL,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Courtyard – Washington/Meadow Lands. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, thoughtful amenities and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay and glad that you were able to enjoy our wonderful patio and views in the morning. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Love, the new look Marriott has gone with. The Barista/Bar is wonderful after a long day out, no need to head back out just check in and relax. The selection of healthier options on the menu was a pleasant surprise, it's not just quick microwave meals The room was very clean, the bathroom was beautiful. We had a nice view of the Casino/Racetrack, easy access to Tanger outlets, Casino, interstate, and other restaurants in the area. Loved the touchscreen TV for weather and traffic updates. At this time they seemed to have some "extended stay" guests that put there trash (beer boxes) out in the hall after housekeeping had made their pass through the floor, a bit of a trashy appearance but I really can't fault the staff for that. Other than that, a great place to stay, clean, convenient, and cozy with an open pit gas fireplace on the patio.

Room Tip: I like the high floors for the views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve L,

Thank you writing a review about your Courtyard experience. It’s wonderful to receive your complimentary feedback on our clean and comfortable accommodations and well-appointed amenities. We appreciate you choosing Courtyard Washington, PA for your hotel needs and we hope you’ll visit us again soon

Parkersburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hotel was very nice, had amazing rooms. Had one problem, I had booked my room for 2 nights and my mother and father had a room booked for one night. When my mother went to check out of her room on Saturday morning on September 7 the guy working the front desk checked out the wrong room. My mother and father where staying in room 412 and I was staying in room 417. He checked out my room instead of my parents room. When my parents realized the mistake they drove back to the hotel and had to have the guy at the front desk fix the mistake and rebook my room and release their room. I know have 2 charges on my account, one for $300.00 dollars and one for $150.00 dollars. When I realized I had been charged another time I went to the front desk and talked to the manager on duty who name was Robert. I explained what happened and got all my billing info and the 1-800 number off the back of my Peoples Bank debit card that I used to book the room and he said he would take care of the additional charge of $150.00 dollars put on my card and get it removed. I understand people make mistakes but this really put a damper on my experience. I hope they can get this resolved quickly!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Matthew C,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback on both positive comments and opportunity for improvement. I sincerely apologize for the billing issues and will discuss with the staff the importance of making this right for every guest. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the Washington area.

Arthurdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We travel to the casino at Meadow Lands a few times a year and this is the first time we've stayed at this hotel. Our room was on the 5th floor with a view out towards the casino. Very comfortable bed and great shower in the bathroom. Got a great deal for the night. The hotel has a shuttle that runs 24 hours to the casino. Only downside was that the hotel does not offer breakfast but there is an onsite bistro cafe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa R
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Melissa R,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at Courtyard Washington. We appreciate you selecting our hotel on your trip to the casino. We’re glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our hotel well suited for your travels. We hope you’ll visit us again the next time you plan a casino trip. Thank you again for writing.

Marion, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice place, fairly new, very pleasant check in staff. Also very pricey- we booked last minute, and were rewarded with a $189 rate that did not include even a light continental breakfast.

May have something to do with being close to the casino and such, but I doubt we will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Steve S,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your stay. We’re glad you enjoyed our property and found our staff to be very pleasant during your visit. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll consider staying with us the next time you travel to the area. Thank you

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. First 2 nights I was in a room with no ac. They said the fixed it after the 1st night but i found out it was untrue. on the 3rd night, after complaining I got a new room. As I was moving with the porter he told me they knew of the problem for a while.
My new room was a downgrade from the 1st, and I went home the next day with bed bug bites all over my feet.
Disgusting. It looks fresh and tidy on the outside but check your mattress before turning in for the night.

• Stayed August 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Alax75,
Thank you for your review. We apologize that your stay with us was not a satisfying one. I can assure you that we take any issues of pests extremely seriously and performed a thorough inspection upon receiving your feedback. The results were negative, but we plan to take extra precautions to ensure the room does not contain pests of any kind. We appreciate your feedback and would like to speak with you personally regarding this concern. Please contact me directly to further discuss. Thank you again for writing. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to make amends if you return to the area.