“Hotel was nice, but had a huge headache when guy at front desk messed up my stay!!”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hotel was very nice, had amazing rooms. Had one problem, I had booked my room for 2 nights and my mother and father had a room booked for one night. When my mother went to check out of her room on Saturday morning on September 7 the guy working the front desk checked out the wrong room. My mother and father where staying in room 412 and I was staying in room 417. He checked out my room instead of my parents room. When my parents realized the mistake they drove back to the hotel and had to have the guy at the front desk fix the mistake and rebook my room and release their room. I know have 2 charges on my account, one for $300.00 dollars and one for $150.00 dollars. When I realized I had been charged another time I went to the front desk and talked to the manager on duty who name was Robert. I explained what happened and got all my billing info and the 1-800 number off the back of my Peoples Bank debit card that I used to book the room and he said he would take care of the additional charge of $150.00 dollars put on my card and get it removed. I understand people make mistakes but this really put a damper on my experience. I hope they can get this resolved quickly!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Matthew C,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback on both positive comments and opportunity for improvement. I sincerely apologize for the billing issues and will discuss with the staff the importance of making this right for every guest. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the Washington area.

John Sherman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Arthurdale
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We travel to the casino at Meadow Lands a few times a year and this is the first time we've stayed at this hotel. Our room was on the 5th floor with a view out towards the casino. Very comfortable bed and great shower in the bathroom. Got a great deal for the night. The hotel has a shuttle that runs 24 hours to the casino. Only downside was that the hotel does not offer breakfast but there is an onsite bistro cafe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa R
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Melissa R,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at Courtyard Washington. We appreciate you selecting our hotel on your trip to the casino. We’re glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our hotel well suited for your travels. We hope you’ll visit us again the next time you plan a casino trip. Thank you again for writing.

Marion, Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice place, fairly new, very pleasant check in staff. Also very pricey- we booked last minute, and were rewarded with a $189 rate that did not include even a light continental breakfast.

May have something to do with being close to the casino and such, but I doubt we will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Steve S,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your stay. We’re glad you enjoyed our property and found our staff to be very pleasant during your visit. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll consider staying with us the next time you travel to the area. Thank you

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. First 2 nights I was in a room with no ac. They said the fixed it after the 1st night but i found out it was untrue. on the 3rd night, after complaining I got a new room. As I was moving with the porter he told me they knew of the problem for a while.
My new room was a downgrade from the 1st, and I went home the next day with bed bug bites all over my feet.
Disgusting. It looks fresh and tidy on the outside but check your mattress before turning in for the night.

• Stayed August 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Alax75,
Thank you for your review. We apologize that your stay with us was not a satisfying one. I can assure you that we take any issues of pests extremely seriously and performed a thorough inspection upon receiving your feedback. The results were negative, but we plan to take extra precautions to ensure the room does not contain pests of any kind. We appreciate your feedback and would like to speak with you personally regarding this concern. Please contact me directly to further discuss. Thank you again for writing. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to make amends if you return to the area.

Ohio
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here for the first time in Aug. 2013 for 3 nights. The pros: Got a good price on Hotwire, very clean, beautiful (but small) rooms, comfortable bed, great shower! Great location. Pool and hot tub clean. Cons: No free coffee after 10:30 AM. Tiny pot in room, but I'll go down the road to McD's, thank you. Food and a bar , but never saw anyone using them. Food and drinks were not cheap in the hotel by any means. If I would get another GOOD rate, I would return, coffee pot and snacks and soda in hand, in a minute1

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Joconna,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington. We appreciate your feedback on both positive comments and opportunity for improvement. We sincerely apologize for the areas that we have fallen short of meeting your expectations. Our goal is to provide all guests with a rewarding stay. Please know we have taken your comments into consideration to improve our property and overall guest experience. We look forward to your return visit to our area.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on 8/24/13 and it is seems as though the hotel itself is relatively new. The room was nice and clean and the hotel itself had a nice scent of cleanliness. There was something about this hotel that reminded me of the Marriott that we stayed at in Napa, Ca. The employees that we encountered were friendly and helpful. It was close to the Meadows casino which is why we chose it. They have an outdoor seating area with a fire pit that we enjoyed in the evening. The only problem that I have is that we spent $185.00 to stay here for that night. I turned around to bid another hotel in that region for the next weekend and we ended up with this hotel as a secret bid on Priceline for $70.00. This hotel is nice, and is certainly worth the $70.00, but not $185.00 a night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
alynn,
We appreciate you writing a review and sharing feedback on your visit to Courtyard Washington. I’m pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay, and found our clean accommodations and close proximity to Meadows Casino well suited for your travels. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again for writing.

Avon, Ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our room was very clean and comfortable. We were surprised when we looked into the bathroom and saw how large and nice the shower was. It's all tiled with glass doors - very pretty. The room was very expensive, though, for a Courtyard and doesn't include breakfast, but the hotel is located right in front of the outlets. The casino is across the street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Frankkaye,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands. I am pleased that you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations, spacious guest bathrooms and great location. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future!