“free stay from being a chase marriott card holder”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed August 15, 2013

really nice hotel. everyone was nice I love the shuttle drivers tammy/and dennis shuttle runs 24 hours to and from the casino. it feels like home! the breakfast set-up was weird and expensive. it cost 25 for 2 people and usually I am used to an omlet station for that price.but the food and service as very good and hot

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

MrsJones33,
It’s great to hear of your pleasant stay, and your appreciation of our staff at Courtyard Washington. I’m glad the warm hospitality of our team adds comfort to your stay and makes you feel right at home. I’ll be certain to recognize Tammy and Dennis with special commendations for their outstanding service. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you once again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Could hurt you. Honestly, did not know when I pushed the 866 number that I really wasn't calling Marriott directly. Apparently, it's Marriott through tripadvisor (3rd party vendor). The woman who made our initial reservation seemed in quite a rush to get us off the phone, and honestly, a bit annoyed when we asked for discounted rates. She said we could get AAA, if we selected a different room, which we said we wanted to do. When we arrived (like 10 mins later), the hotel only had th first reservation and was unable to access it to change it because we used a 3rd party vendor. A quick call to tripadvisor again and a very nice, patient lady changed it for us, and gave us a little extra off for our trouble. The staff at courtyard was excellent. The hotel is newer and very nice. Workout room could use a fan, but it is awesome that I was able to run while my son swam because there is full glass window between the two rooms! Really liked this Marriott!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank courtneymccollum
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

courtneymccollum,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback about our great hotel and excellent staff. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and found the fitness room and pool area set up ideal for your travels. We hope you’ll visit us again soon for more family fun. Thanks again for writing.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is one of the better hotels I've stayed at, and I've been to many. We were in town visiting family,and we chose this hotel because it is on the same street as the Tanger Outlets.
We stayed here on the July 4th weekend and the hotel was sold out. Never did we feel overcrowded, and we never heard a thing in our room! We stayed in the one of their few two-room king suites with a sofa pullout. It was immaculate and very stylish. We requested extra linens and towels and they were swiftly delivered. The beds were so soft and relaxing.
The hotel offers a small indoor pool and hot tub, and an outdoor terrace. The lobby is very spacious with seating and dining tables in the main area, and a very large annex with tvs and more seating. People enjoy hanging out here and it made the hotel feel like more of a destination. Yes, the bistro is pricey, but it has Starbucks coffee and the food is convenient for a quick bite. Kudos to the front desk and housekeeping! We decided to stay an extra day and even though we had to move to a different room since they were so busy, the staff made sure that the transition was completely painless!

Room Tip: The two room suites are extremely spacious and comfortable. The Extended King room is also very lar...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Summergirl22,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Washington. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while in town visiting family, and we’re glad you had a comfortable stay. I’m pleased to hear our staff was responsive and accommodating to your requests and their excellent service made for an enjoyable visit. Please visit us again the next time you’re in town. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 1 night to attend a concert nearby at the Meadows Casino.
I chose it because they offered a free shuttle to and from the Casino (and the surrounding area as well) and it's right off the highway.
We booked a 2 room king suite and asked for an early check in. We were greeted and checked in quickly - 2 hours early :)
Our room was on the 5th floor and was SPOTLESS! It was huge and included a fridge, microwave, wet bar area, living area with sleeper sofa, 2 chairs, desk, tables, TV .... The bedroom was in the 2nd room separated by a vanity/sink area then a bathroom with a large walk-in shower.
It was obviously a newer hotel and the furniture etc was all clean and modern. Unfortunately, there were a few broken cabinets doors.
Although there is not an onsite restaurant, there is a bistro in the lobby. FYI - the lobby is huge and has a variety of seating configurations and areas.
Our rate included breakfast and it included many healthy choices. If having to pay separately - it would have been costly. "Haley" waited on us and was kind, friendly and very efficient.
I will definitely return and have already highly recommended this hotel!

Room Tip: Get breakfast included! It's well worth the additional price.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

lbhspeech,
Thank you for your review and high recommendations of our great hotel to future travelers. We appreciate you and your husband choosing to stay with us, and we hope you had a great time at your concert. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, our clean accommodations, as well as our breakfast selection and service. I’ll be certain to recognize Haley for her outstanding service and hospitality. Thank you again for writing. We look forward to seeing you and your husband the next time you visit.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stopped here and stayed the night while driving to Ohio. It's conveniently located off I-79 but you don't hear the highway traffic at all.
It's conveniently located by the Tanger Outlets and The Meadows Racetrack.

The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. It looks like the hotel is pretty new or they just do a good job keeping it clean.
Off the lobby was a sitting area with a big screen television. The pool and fitness area appeared to also be well maintained and clean too.

If you need a place to stay near the freeway or somewhere outside Pittsburgh (about 30 minutes from downtown), I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

sapamire,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Washington. I’m glad our convenient location, clean rooms, and comfortable beds made for an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your review and high recommendations of our great hotel to future travelers. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Pittsburgh. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Very nice clean hotel with a helpful staff. It has a nice pool area and outdoor patio. The room was clean, offering a flat screen TV. I really liked the large walki-in shower.
Great location that is close to the casino and outlet mall. Also has plenty of food nearby.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank KDSoccer2
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

KDSoccer2,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback on our great hotel and helpful staff. I’m pleased to hear that our clean accommodations and great location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again at Courtyard Washington. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I really want to give this hotel a higher rating but I cannot.

First the good things. I stayed here four nights and when I checked in I was upgraded to one of their extended stay king suites. It is a bit bigger than the regular rooms and has a small refrigerator and microwave. The Front Desk ladies were always nice and are an asset to this hotel. The room was initially clean, the bed was comfortable and it was cool and quiet.

Now for the bad things. Several pieces of furniture had chips of laminate missing. Looked like some previous guests had beat the room up a bit. There is a shower but no tub.

I returned to my room one afternoon at 450 pm and the room still hadn't been cleaned. The housekeeper was several doors down. I was exhausted having been out of there at 6 am so I hung the do not disturb sign and just dealt with it. All rooms should be cleaned by 4 pm, especially for Platinum Premier members, in my opinion.

This hotel does not have a restaurant but does have a Bistro. I am highly offended by Marriott telling me what is healthy food and what isn't so I do not patronize these anymore. In the past I have received absolutely awful food at highly inflated prices. Here they charge $6.25 for a bottle of beer in a place that has nothing to offer other than puffy weird colored couches. As such I had to leave every morning and every night to find some place to eat, most of which are 2 or 3 miles away.

I will be back in the area soon and will stay here again only because it is the only convenient Marriott branded property nearby, not out of choice.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ron L
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Ron L,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Courtyard Washington. We’re glad you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. Your feedback provides many opportunities for improving our guest experience, so we appreciate hearing from you. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short in meeting your expectations. We value you as our guest and we hope to win you over with our improvements on your next visit. Thank you again for writing.