“A Pleasant Surprise!”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 1 night to attend a concert nearby at the Meadows Casino.
I chose it because they offered a free shuttle to and from the Casino (and the surrounding area as well) and it's right off the highway.
We booked a 2 room king suite and asked for an early check in. We were greeted and checked in quickly - 2 hours early :)
Our room was on the 5th floor and was SPOTLESS! It was huge and included a fridge, microwave, wet bar area, living area with sleeper sofa, 2 chairs, desk, tables, TV .... The bedroom was in the 2nd room separated by a vanity/sink area then a bathroom with a large walk-in shower.
It was obviously a newer hotel and the furniture etc was all clean and modern. Unfortunately, there were a few broken cabinets doors.
Although there is not an onsite restaurant, there is a bistro in the lobby. FYI - the lobby is huge and has a variety of seating configurations and areas.
Our rate included breakfast and it included many healthy choices. If having to pay separately - it would have been costly. "Haley" waited on us and was kind, friendly and very efficient.
I will definitely return and have already highly recommended this hotel!

Room Tip: Get breakfast included! It's well worth the additional price.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
lbhspeech,
Thank you for your review and high recommendations of our great hotel to future travelers. We appreciate you and your husband choosing to stay with us, and we hope you had a great time at your concert. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, our clean accommodations, as well as our breakfast selection and service. I’ll be certain to recognize Haley for her outstanding service and hospitality. Thank you again for writing. We look forward to seeing you and your husband the next time you visit.

John Sherman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stopped here and stayed the night while driving to Ohio. It's conveniently located off I-79 but you don't hear the highway traffic at all.
It's conveniently located by the Tanger Outlets and The Meadows Racetrack.

The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. It looks like the hotel is pretty new or they just do a good job keeping it clean.
Off the lobby was a sitting area with a big screen television. The pool and fitness area appeared to also be well maintained and clean too.

If you need a place to stay near the freeway or somewhere outside Pittsburgh (about 30 minutes from downtown), I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
sapamire,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Washington. I’m glad our convenient location, clean rooms, and comfortable beds made for an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your review and high recommendations of our great hotel to future travelers. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Pittsburgh. Thank you again for writing.

Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Very nice clean hotel with a helpful staff. It has a nice pool area and outdoor patio. The room was clean, offering a flat screen TV. I really liked the large walki-in shower.
Great location that is close to the casino and outlet mall. Also has plenty of food nearby.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank KDSoccer2
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
KDSoccer2,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback on our great hotel and helpful staff. I’m pleased to hear that our clean accommodations and great location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again at Courtyard Washington. Thank you again for writing.

Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I really want to give this hotel a higher rating but I cannot.

First the good things. I stayed here four nights and when I checked in I was upgraded to one of their extended stay king suites. It is a bit bigger than the regular rooms and has a small refrigerator and microwave. The Front Desk ladies were always nice and are an asset to this hotel. The room was initially clean, the bed was comfortable and it was cool and quiet.

Now for the bad things. Several pieces of furniture had chips of laminate missing. Looked like some previous guests had beat the room up a bit. There is a shower but no tub.

I returned to my room one afternoon at 450 pm and the room still hadn't been cleaned. The housekeeper was several doors down. I was exhausted having been out of there at 6 am so I hung the do not disturb sign and just dealt with it. All rooms should be cleaned by 4 pm, especially for Platinum Premier members, in my opinion.

This hotel does not have a restaurant but does have a Bistro. I am highly offended by Marriott telling me what is healthy food and what isn't so I do not patronize these anymore. In the past I have received absolutely awful food at highly inflated prices. Here they charge $6.25 for a bottle of beer in a place that has nothing to offer other than puffy weird colored couches. As such I had to leave every morning and every night to find some place to eat, most of which are 2 or 3 miles away.

I will be back in the area soon and will stay here again only because it is the only convenient Marriott branded property nearby, not out of choice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ron L
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Ron L,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Courtyard Washington. We’re glad you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. Your feedback provides many opportunities for improving our guest experience, so we appreciate hearing from you. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short in meeting your expectations. We value you as our guest and we hope to win you over with our improvements on your next visit. Thank you again for writing.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Title says it all. Probably the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at. Really close to the outlet mall, casino, and interstate. Plenty of dining options nearby. Located on a hilltop with great views of the surrounding hills.

• Stayed May 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
R S,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Washington. I’m pleased to hear that the cleanliness of our hotel exceeded your expectations and ranks as the cleanest hotel you’ve ever stayed in. We appreciate your patronage and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Apparently no one could complain about its nice new facilities. While we arrived at this hotel around 7 pm on Friday, two people(groups) has already been waiting impatiently in a line with no attendant. After 5 minutes of waiting, I decided to give this hotel a call from my cell phone. Someone answered my call and sent a lady to help. I asked her about the dining option at my registration. She pointed her finger to her left for a casino near by. She was no willing to help. I though I should be able to find the information from the brochure at quest room. I went down the front desk to ask her again after fail to find the info. She still pointed to her left and gave some simple directions. Although it is just a Marriott category 3 hotel, this kind of service is still unacceptable. There was no one at front desk again when I checked out. Luckily someone stepped out the room after a short waiting. I got Marriott customer online survey invitation in two days. Even I filed my complaint in the survey, I got no response from neither the Marriott nor this hotel. The Marriott customer survey obviously is only a routine, not to improve customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ChristinaF
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Recent business trip in Ohio & W.PA stayed one night and was pleasantly surprised about the cleanliness and close location to I-79. Staff is very helpful and have a guest service attitude that makes you feel comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Glenn C,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Courtyard. It’s great to hear we exceeded your expectations with our hotel’s cleanliness, convenient location and hospitable staff. We are pleased to have had you stay with us while on your business trip, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.