“Surprisingly nice”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Vero Beach, Florida
“Surprisingly nice”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Recent business trip in Ohio & W.PA stayed one night and was pleasantly surprised about the cleanliness and close location to I-79. Staff is very helpful and have a guest service attitude that makes you feel comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Glenn C,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Courtyard. It’s great to hear we exceeded your expectations with our hotel’s cleanliness, convenient location and hospitable staff. We are pleased to have had you stay with us while on your business trip, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

John Sherman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here for a State championship sporting event, hotel pretty full. I had requested adjoining rooms, but upon checkin was given rooms far apart from each other. I am Platinum Premier with Marriott and my profile states "away from elevator." I was given a room right smack in front of the elevator and by the ice machine (418). Could hear noise from the elevator and ice machine until around 02:00. Doors were very squeaky as well. You could hear the wood squeaking in the door jams whenever anyone was entering or exiting the nearby rooms. My young one was competing the next morning and woke up several times due to the elevator and ice machine noise.. Hotel was new and in an excellent location, rooms were clean, there were a few stinkbugs in one of the rooms (409), but not a big deal. When I mentioned to the front desk that I was not happy with the location and noise, I was met with ambivalence, she smirked when I said that the doors were all squeaky (and I am extremely to the Marriott brand). Front desk could have cared less, so now I could care less about my Marriott loyalty and will stay across the street at the Doubletree, which many in our group said was very nice.

Room Tip: Any room ending in "18" is right in front of elevator and noisy. 4th floor rooms have squ...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aerobik1
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
aerobik1,
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in town for a state championship sporting event. . It is unfortunate to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay with us. I’m sorry we weren’t able to accommodate your initial request for adjoining rooms, and we sincerely apologize for the noisy disturbances you encountered during your stay. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Top of the hill location.
Right by the Tanger Outlets. Plenty of places to eat and very close to the Meadowlands Casino.
Hotel was clean, new and a nice stay.
There are a lot of hotel choices in the area but this hotel is a win win.

• Stayed April 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
KIMtastic-Travels,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard Washington. We’re glad you had a nice stay and found our hotel conveniently located for your travels. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope you’ll visit again soon. Thank you again for writing.

columbus, ohio
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

First off the hotel is in an ideal location. Close to Washington and not too far from Pittsburgh. The hotel is next to a fairly new outlet mall and across from a casino. I've stayed here about a dozen times and it seems like I usually see the same employees (and all are very courteous). The rooms are modern and clean. The only negative I have is w/ the Internet provider. While the speed is so-so, it continually requires you to re-login. While to some this may be trivial, it is a big pain if I'm on a conference call, logged on to a webinar and suddenly I have to log back on (even if I logged in an hr earlier). It's to the point where I cannot have webinars and conf calls while I'm there. Again, not a huge issue but I doubt I am not the only one experiencing it. I have to to continuously log back on w/ my iphone, ipad, and laptop. So, it is definitely w/ the provider. I understand the need to log in once every 24 hrs but that should be it...right?

• Stayed February 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
imabuki,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at the Courtyard. It’s great to know that our hotel is conveniently located for your travel needs, and that our staff has been consistently courteous during your visits. Your feedback regarding the internet service is important to me, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Thank you again for writing. We hope to see you again soon.

Ohio
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at the hotel, traveling for work. Woman at check in was very pleasant and they got us into our rooms early with no problem. Hotel is new as of 2011 I believe and is right at the outlets and across from the casino, right off the interstate.

Rooms were spacious and clean, loved the open showers. They also had a nice little workout room with funnels and the pool area looked nice as well.

No complaints, great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank OhioGuy34
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The reason i did not rate the hotel a 5 is due to the fact that they apparently allowed a large group of adults to be drinking beer and other alcohol as well as playing loud music around children in the pool. If the hotel had a pool bar that would be fine, but it doesnt! I dont appreciate management allowing that kind of behavior in front of children. It's also a huge safety concern. It makes me wonder if i should have chosen another hotel for my family & i to have our relaxing getaway that was in fact not relaxing due to the activities in the pool area. had it not been for that we would have loved to have rated the hotel as perfect because it is very clean, comfortable and we liked our room.

• Stayed March 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Balletmom05,
Thank you for your review. We are grateful for you and your family staying with us, but we apologize for the rowdy guests. I agree with you, your time with your family at the pool should be relaxing and enjoyable. I will make a point to speak with our staff about keeping our large groups in line and asking them to respect other guests. My apologies for your unhappiness with your stay. I'm glad you liked our hotel otherwise, and I hope you will return. We will make improvements and provide a more positive experience. Thanks again.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just stayed this weekend with 4 other couples. The location of this hotel is great, right below the outlet mall and across from the casino. There are plenty of nice places to eat about 3-5 miles down the road. The hotel offers a shuttle to transport you back and forth between the casino. The shuttle driver even made a special trip early to the casino for our gang. The pool area is nice and clean. We ran out of towels at the pool area but they were quickly replaced. All of our rooms were spotless, there were no complaints from the 5 rooms that our gang stayed in. Very nice fitness room and very nice area to sit outside, if only it had been a little nicer out during our stay. Check in was a breeze. Will stay here again. Only complaint is no free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Conwayluvs2travel,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard. We appreciate you and your group staying with us, and we're glad to hear that you all had a terrific time. I'm glad you liked our complimentary shuttle service, and I hope you had a great time at the casino. Should you all get together for another exciting weekend in Pittsburgh, we hope you'll stay with us again.