Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at the hotel, traveling for work. Woman at check in was very pleasant and they got us into our rooms early with no problem. Hotel is new as of 2011 I believe and is right at the outlets and across from the casino, right off the interstate.

Rooms were spacious and clean, loved the open showers. They also had a nice little workout room with funnels and the pool area looked nice as well.

No complaints, great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank OhioGuy34

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The reason i did not rate the hotel a 5 is due to the fact that they apparently allowed a large group of adults to be drinking beer and other alcohol as well as playing loud music around children in the pool. If the hotel had a pool bar that would be fine, but it doesnt! I dont appreciate management allowing that kind of behavior in front of children. It's also a huge safety concern. It makes me wonder if i should have chosen another hotel for my family & i to have our relaxing getaway that was in fact not relaxing due to the activities in the pool area. had it not been for that we would have loved to have rated the hotel as perfect because it is very clean, comfortable and we liked our room.

• Stayed: March 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Balletmom05,
Thank you for your review. We are grateful for you and your family staying with us, but we apologize for the rowdy guests. I agree with you, your time with your family at the pool should be relaxing and enjoyable. I will make a point to speak with our staff about keeping our large groups in line and asking them to respect other guests. My apologies for your unhappiness with your stay. I'm glad you liked our hotel otherwise, and I hope you will return. We will make improvements and provide a more positive experience. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just stayed this weekend with 4 other couples. The location of this hotel is great, right below the outlet mall and across from the casino. There are plenty of nice places to eat about 3-5 miles down the road. The hotel offers a shuttle to transport you back and forth between the casino. The shuttle driver even made a special trip early to the casino for our gang. The pool area is nice and clean. We ran out of towels at the pool area but they were quickly replaced. All of our rooms were spotless, there were no complaints from the 5 rooms that our gang stayed in. Very nice fitness room and very nice area to sit outside, if only it had been a little nicer out during our stay. Check in was a breeze. Will stay here again. Only complaint is no free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Conwayluvs2travel,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard. We appreciate you and your group staying with us, and we're glad to hear that you all had a terrific time. I'm glad you liked our complimentary shuttle service, and I hope you had a great time at the casino. Should you all get together for another exciting weekend in Pittsburgh, we hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I believe that this hotel proved the adage "Don't judge a book by it's cover", but in reverse. When researching hotels to stay in, in the washington PA/Canonsburg area, I read that this hotel had just been renovated. In the pictures, everything looked clean and new and nice. What I found during my stay was the complete opposite. I rented 2 rooms for 3 nights each starting on Dec 6th 2012, they were both suites. The rooms were filthy and had a very stale smell to them. It was hard to regulate the temperature in the room, it was either hot or cold and the heater was very noisy. The hotel room itself was dirty, my aunt's room was dirty as well, in fact, we tried to move to another hotel but they were booked. It was clear that my room had not been cleaned or freshened for a long time. I know that there has been a stink bug problem in western pa for several months but out of the 10 that were in my room, 7 were petrified and still hanging on the curtains, there is no way that this room could have been dusted or vacuumed. Once I removed the living and dead ones, no more resurfaced. The surfaces were dusty and the furniture was so lumpy and uncomfortable that it was not usable. There was a little market downstairs and bistro and although most hotels upcharge their food, I paid $8 for 2 tablespoons of spinach dip, I would not have mentioned this if it had at least been hot. The maid service needed to be called several times to have my room done and, when they did, it was no cleaner, and the shampoo and towels had not been replaced. There were very few channels available and no pay channels, it did have free wifi. The pool was closed for a reason I can't remember so I can't comment on that part. The beds were uncomfortable and I was also placed in a handicapped bedroom so the shower was horrible. I found hairs on the bathroom floor (when I first walked in, I hadn't even put my luggage down so I know they were not mine). I stay in courtyards often and have never been unsatisfied which leads me to believe that it is just this hotel. I would rather stay in the shadyside courtyard which is about an hour away than stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank meagan1223
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

meagan1223,
Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your trip. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was a very nice, clean hotel. The hotel was built in June 2011. We stayed there on a Fri & Sa. evening and were very pleased with everything. The only drawback was on Sunday when there were no towels in the pool area for the guests.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor for peace and quiet and it was very peaceful and quiet!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Eve S,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Courtyard. I'm glad you liked our property and that you were pleased with everything. I apologize for the pool towels not being restocked. We'll make sure to watch this more closely. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll visit us again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night with a late arrival and an early checkout due to our travelling schedule. This is a newer hotel and nicely designed. There is a very large sitting/lobby area with 2 computers if needed even though the entire hotel has a wifi. Nice eatery available.No free breakfast. Our room was large, cheery, had a nice view to the casino in the distance, crisp sheets, nice water pressure, nice towels, granite icountertops n the bathroom, a refrigerator.Nice pool with hot tub. Free newspapers and free coffee in the lobby is available in the morning.There is a lovely patio area outside with very nice outdoor furniture and it looks like there is a firepit also which would be lovely to sit at in nice weather. We didn't get to go to the casino or shop as this was an overnight quick stop. I believe the hotel has a shuttle bus that goes back and forth to the casino which is a very nice perk. However, upon our arrival, this shuttle bus is parked directly in front of the hotel doors and you have to squeeze your car under the portico so you can drop off your suitcases. The same thing happened when we were leaving, this darn van was in the way and made if difficult to pull up our van so we could pack up our bags. I would stay here again and recommend it to my family and friends. We had a total of 4 people in 2 rooms and all of us were pleased.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the side of the building so you can look out and see the casino view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

ssg47,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you and your group stayed with us at Courtyard, and we're pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your visit. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us, and we hope it will be for a longer stay so you can enjoy some of our surrounding venues. Thanks again and safe travels.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Positives:

The hotel itself is very nice and in a very convenient location. Rooms are clean and spacious. I will definitely stay her again.

Negatives:

The bed was perhaps the least comfortable thing I have ever slept in. I am a platinum elite marriott member and stay in Courtyards often and these beds do not even come close to the normal CY bed.

The evening bartender / waitress seems to like to spend more time in the hotel office behind the front desk than at her post. Tough to get a drink / food if you want something.

• Stayed: January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Gooch146,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard. I'm glad you liked our clean, spacious rooms and had a pleasant stay with us. I apologize for the evening waitress not being attentive to her job and providing excellent service as we expect. We will review your comments and work on improvements in this area. Thank you again for being our guest. We look forward to seeing you again.