“My new go-to hotel for this area”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My new go-to hotel for this area”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I had heard good things about this hotel from my coworkers and it did not disappoint when I stayed there. The lobby is great. I loved all the various seating areas, including a big work table, circular booths, etc. I used the little "store" next to the checkin which was convenient for sodas (but you are in W.PA so you should say "pop"). Yes, no free breakfast but that is the Courtyard way - not sure why. I had the oatmeal and it was great.
I loved the bathroom. I did not experience low water pressure. I appreciated the walk-in shower and the controls were placed so you could turn on the water, get the temp right and THEN get in the shower. I am pretty sure the codes did not allow them to build a hotel with NO bathroom vent system and I assumed it was somehow silent- I have had that in other hotels. Might be nice for the management to read their reviews and address that question.
There is fast food close but there are more restaurants within a few miles on Rt. 19.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Washington/Meadow Lands, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear Nemokota,

It’s great to hear we’re your new preferred hotel in Washington, please pass along my thanks to your co-workers! I’m so glad you enjoyed the lobby and bathroom, we’re fortunate to be a brand new hotel with Courtyard’s latest design.

Looking forward to your next visit,

Stephanie Westfall, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sharon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Worst nites sleep in a hotel bed in years. For a new hotel (open 7 months) to have beds this soft is ridiculous. And a Marriott yet??? could hardly walk next morning from back pain.

Room Tip: stay at the Hampton Inn down the street
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chiphunter2
Dear chiphunter2,

Thank you for your candid review. I’m very sorry to hear you didn’t get a good night’s rest when staying at our hotel, I feel badly that Marriott’s newest bedding caused you back pain and regret that you won’t be staying with us again.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I am a platinum Marriott member and try to frequent the chain whenever I travel. This hotel is new and nice for the most part. The staff has always been great and the location is convenient to Southpointe and most of the purpose for my travel.

My stays are usually between one to two weeks. Ive never had a problem with noise from adjacent rooms, slamming doors, etc which is nice.

My complaints or dislikes are:

Bed linens - loose fitting, which is not a big deal but it does get annoying. Mattress isnt that great of quality either.
Restaurant - low quality items and a small variety.
Water pressure - a little low for my liking.

Overall a good place to stay, but for a business traveler I think the Cambria suites down the street is a better option

Overall a nice place to stay

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear David W,

I appreciate your business and you taking the time to write your review, it’s always great to hear from a Marriott Rewards member, especially a seasoned traveler. I truly hope you will continue to stay with us during your travels to the Southpointe/Washington area.

Yours truly,

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Courtyard for a girls' weekend getaway in honor of my sister's birthday. The hotel is conveniently located near the Tanger Outlet mall and across the street from the Meadows casino, and there is more shopping and dining within a couple miles of the hotel. (To get to the hotel, you have to turn onto the road that leads to the outlet mall -- they share an entrance from the street).

We had a 5th floor room with two queen beds. It was nice -- clean, spacious, very well lit, nicely decorated/well appointed, and the beds and linens were very comfortable. The service, for the most part, was very good.

The only issues we had were minor, but I think people read reviews looking for details (I do, anyway), so I will include them here.

- Shuttle: The hotel's website states they offer free 24-hour shuttle sevice to and from the casino, but whenever we asked to get a ride to the casino, we had to wait for the restaurant's cook to finish what he was doing then take us to the casino. We were also told that, if no one called off that night we shouldn't have a problem getting the shuttle to come pick us up from the casino when we were done (?!?!). We waited up to 20 minutes for the shuttle going to and from the casino, which wasn't terrible in and of itself, but we got the feeling that it was an inconvenience for someone to drive us whenever we needed the shuttle, and it's unpleasant to feel you are putting people out. I don't understand why they don't either implement a shuttle schedule (every 30 minutes round trip, or the like), and/or hire someone whose primary job it is to drive the shuttle -- not to drive the shuttle when he's not cooking, manning the desk, etc. Presumaby that person would also open the van doors for the passengers, unlike the cook and front desk personnel who drove us. Over all it was a minor thing, but it's the kind of thing that might turn some people off (and something the hotel could easily improve upon), so I felt it was worth a mention.

- Bathroom: no vent/fan; poor water pressure (we had a tub and shower with a curtain, not a glass door shower like another reviewer had); bath tissues were of very poor quality, to the extent that, if we stay there again we will bring our own; the bathroom has a door, but for some reason there's very little "sound privacy" (for lack of a better term).

- The refrigerator occasionally made a very loud humming/buzzing noise. Not a huge deal since it wasn't constant and we weren't in our room very much, but it was annoying when it did happen, and would have required a call for maintenance if it hadn't been an infrequent occurrence and/or if we had spent more time in the room.

- There was a table near the elevator on the main floor with a clear beverage dispenser filled with slices of citrus fruit. I believe it had water in it at one point, but it never did when I saw it. I think it was supposed to be a refreshment of some sort, but frankly it was gross -- the container looked dirty. It might have been a lovely touch if it had actually been well maintained.

Overall it was a positive experience, and I would stay there again if I returned to Washington, PA for a shopping/gambling weekend. I think the hotel has the potential to be a real standout in its class with just a few minor adjustments.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JillandJoe
Hello JillandJoe,

I’m glad to hear you and your friends enjoyed your getaway weekend, it’s always fun to spend time with just the girls! Thanks for all of your comments, I apologize for the challenges you experienced with our shuttle service and thank you for bringing them to my attention, I’ve made it a priority to improve our service in that area. Hope you and your friends come back to see us the next time you venture out for shopping and a trip to the casino!

Best,

oh
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night. I agree with most of what everyone says. It is a new, well decorated Courtyard. I noticed a couple things. Check in seemed to take longer than usual. There was one person in front of me and I waited between 10-15 minutes for the transaction to be completed. Then my own transacation took another 10 minutes. So, I spent 25 minutes just getting the room key. Strange.....usually things go much quicker when you check in to a hotel this size.

The hallways were FREEZING. After coming in from the cold outside, we were looking forward to some warmth. Our room was FREEZING when we entered it. We had to turn the heat on. Again........could the temp at least be set at a baseline of 68 degrees.....after a long day of traveling, who wants to enter a freezing room????

The water pressure was average......the shower itself is very appealing to look at, but the pressure needs to be improved.

As others have commented, the food area is a bit overpriced. I think it is confusing that other Marriott brands like Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, etc., offer free breakfast and this Courtyard doesn't. After all, Residence Inn is geared towards extended stay.....and their rooms have kitchens where people could actually prepare a breakfast........yet Courtyard does not have kitchens and they charge for breakfast? Very odd.

Also, several parking spots in front of the hotel are marked "car pool".......again...odd....who car pools at a hotel? Other spaces are marked "fuel efficient" ...........????? Where do regular people park???????

I have to say I would stay at this Courtyard again. I think their were some things that the staff can work on...namely the temperature, water pressure, parking, etc. Those would not prohibit me from considering this hotel, but I would hope the staff would resolve these issues.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank drpc12
Thanks so much drpc12 for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and taking the time to share your comments. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. Your business is important to us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stay at a lot of Marriotts for work and this is the nicest Courtyard I've stayed. The staff is very friendly and willing to help and the rooms are nice especially for the price. The hotel is high on a hill, close to shopping and casino and not too far away from Pittsburgh. The location is great because of how secluded it feels. Definitaly will stay next time I'm in the area to visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thanks very much John W for your review and for choosing our hotel, we also appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and are looking forward to your next visit!

Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 24, 2011

This hotel is only six months old (at the time of this review). It is located high on a hill right next to the Tanger Outlets. The hotel is "energy friendly" which means the lights in the hotel conserve energy, the hotel rooms have a garbage can and a recycle bin. There is energy efficent car only parking in the FRONT of the hotel. However, they encourage others to park there, so your vehicle wont be towed. The parking is free. The hotel does not provide a free breakfast but there is a bistro that offers food (a little on the high side, but other places are available through out the area-Mcdonalds is up the road). The Meadows Casino is located down the street (open 24 hours)...There was a shower in the bathroom with a glass door design which left little privacy for those that are a tad modest, there is an actual door that leads to the bathroom...however no bathtub for those that may need one for the kids. We used the "hot tub" and pool which were both clean and organized. The staff was phenomenal. They were professional and went the extra mile to help us out. We used the shuttle which took us to the casino and they were on time picking us up. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple