“Casino Trip”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Washington
Cleveland, Ohio
“Casino Trip”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is our second stay at Cambria Suites in Washington Pa. My husband and I enjoy our stay here. My husband has a health problem, and they were very accomdating to his needs. We needed a first floor room, and both times our needs were meet. When I call to reserve a room, they are very nice and easy to deal with. Seem to listen to what your needs are. I have never had a problem booking a room, with a coupon from the Meadows Casino.

I thought the staff was very friendly and helpful.

The waitresses are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to a home.

Great jobs guys!!

Carol

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience at our hotel. It is our pleasure to have you & your husband as our guests & will continue to strive to meet all of your needs. During every phone call & every reservation made, we listen to specific guests needs & do our absolute best to accommodate. We want to make you feel right at home. Thank you for the additional comments on the staff & for recommending our hotels to others. We look forward to seeing you both again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband, two children and I stayed here during the week. The staff went out of their way to be helpful with the children, for example making them chocolate milk and helping me box up breakfast to take back to my room when they started getting a little crazy in the dining room. Everything was clean and the pool was nice. The staff was friendly.

Room Tip: We got the double king suite and it was very roomy for our family.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay here at Cambria Suites. We are so happy to hear that you were treated like family during the week you stayed with us. The staff members at our hotel treat each other like family & strive to show that compassion to guests as well. Thank you again for the comments on our staff & the pool as well. We look forward to having you & your family at our hotel again in the future!
Georgetown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel was very nice. The employees were excellent. The only problems we encoutered were there were five of us and two coffee cups, The pull out sofa was very hard AND UNCOMFORTABLE. Need to invest in a foam topper at least. We would definately stay again. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review on your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the feeback so we can learn from our flaws. We will pass on the suggestion of improved mattresses for the sleeper sofa & would be more than happy to deliver extra coffee cups to your suite on your next visit. Thank you for the comments about our staff & I am pleased to read they were helpful to you. We look forward to having you all as guests in the future!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Polite and friendly staff. We were acknowledged and greeted by the staff whenever we passed through the lobby. The rooms were upscale and current as well as extremely clean. We enjoyed our stay there and plan to stay there again when we are in the area!

• Stayed March 2013
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review! We really appreciate the positive feedback & are pleased to hear that you left satisfied! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay & hope to see you again when you visit our area in the future!
ohio
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Customer Service
Absolutely terrible, and that was management, I think they have a motto; If there’s a problem it’s your fault. When I had a question about my bill I went to the front desk and was standing in line when another guest was explaining how she was treated extremely rude by the bar tender (so she says I was not there so cannot say whether or not she was) however the manager whose name was Doug told her he usually hears good things and it must have been her fault; WOW I couldn't believe he actually said that. Now it’s my turn, I had received a coupon from the casino for a room. When I called to book the room I explained the coupon I had and was told the room was booked at a rate of $0 and all charges were covered and then they took a credit card to hold my room. When I checked in, my card was charged which was just for room damages, until I received a bill under my door the next morning. I went to talk to the manager and was told that my coupon was not for a free room. But wait, it was his staff that told me the room was free, and this was after I read the coupon verbatim when booking my room. I was told that the casino gives out different types of coupons and that whoever took my reservation must have made a mistake. I replied “that’s OK people make mistakes, If you could go back and listen to the recording to rectify your mistake” I pulled the date and time I called from my phone. I was told they don’t record phone calls and that it was my problem. Not even an apology or an attempt to make things right. Never in my life have I been treated so rudely, I will never stay at this hotel again. I have stayed at two other hotels in the area and they will get my business from now on.

Cleanliness
Let’s start by saying this place was not dirty, however it wasn't the cleanest hotel I have every stayed in. When taking a shower there were things floating in the water as though it had never been cleaned. The vacuuming was done pretty poorly, when doing the double check to make sure I didn't leave anything behind, there were rocks and popcorn that looked to be pushed under the bed as though when vacuuming they didn't fit and were just pushed under the bed. Other than that the rest of the room was acceptable.

Room
The room came with a fridge and a microwave which was very nice, not many hotels have both anymore. The bed was a nice king sized bed and was pretty comfortable, it was crammed into a little nook. You need to almost jump into the bed. Our suite had another room that had a love-seat in it. The room was organized pretty awkwardly, but decent size for two people.

Breakfast
At a price of $12, it was a total rip off, if I didn't have a free coupon from the casino, I would have been extremely upset. They had the usual hash browns, two kind of eggs, sausage, bacon which looked way under cooked, french toast which was hard as a rock I could barely cut through it with a knife. There was an omelet bar, but either you had to make it yourself or the cook took a 45 min break. I kept going back thinking there must be something eatable in here, I eventually found the biscuits, the only think I could take two bites out of. Conclusion, I left hungry.

Ride to the Casino
They offered a free shuttle until 2:00 am, this was a nice feature and the driver was extremely friendly.

Room Tip: Call another hotel
1 Thank luckygambler
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize on behalf of the Cambria staff for any confusion or unpleasantness you experienced during your stay. The Meadows Racetrack and Casino sends a variety of mailer coupons to thousands of individuals. Each coupon advertises a unique discount or promotion. Anyone who receives a coupon for a complimentary room is to call the Casino directly to book their stay; the direct line to the Meadows Racetrack and Casino is the only number listed on the free room coupon in order to avoid guest confusion. Furthermore, our property ensures correct billing by collecting all Meadows coupons at check-in. Frequently guests alter the nature or duration of their stay and may present a different coupon at check-in then what they stated over the phone. Our front desk staff is trained to honor the rate on the presented coupon. Therefore, when you handed over your materials (credit card, ID, and coupon) at check-in, you were given the Meadows discounted rate of $104 with breakfast included. Again, I apologize if you felt misled in any way. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast offered with your $104 Meadows Coupon Rate. I apologize that the food service did not meet your standards. Our property strives towards excellence in all things and it is unfortunate that we fell short in that regard. Your invaluable comments will be addressed within the applicable department. Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am sorry that your confusion and frustration over the room charge negatively affected the perception you had of the rest of our property. I wish you the best of luck in future travel endeavors.
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great location and amenities. Recently stayed at the Cambria Suites while on a business trip and it’s a great hotel. Fitness center is fantastic and rooms are very nice. Front desk is very friendly and open with suggestions for restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
akettler54, Front Office Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind review. We are glad you chose our hotel while in the area for business. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the layout of the rooms & our fitness center. Also, I am very pleased to read that my front desk staff was helpful to you in assistance choosing a restaurant & in a friendly manor. We hope while in the area again that you'll come & stay with us, have a great day!
Chillicothe, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2013

A decent gym, nice pool and hot tub. Hours of both are excellent. Was told at check-in that breakfast was included in price of hotel stay, but was told otherwise after I got food from the buffet the next morning. Food for the breakfast was poor at best. Service is fair, although ordering ala carte at breakfast is slow because one cook is cooking for the breakfast buffet and ala carte.
If you want great breakfast, go across the street to Waffle House. They have excellent food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review on your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were under the impression that breakfast, ala carte or our buffet, was complimentary. Since we do operate a full service restaurant & bar, those charges are seperate & are not included in the price of the room. I do apologize, again, & hope you choose to stay at our hotel in the future.